• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Switch Remasters Speculation

Nicolas721

Reaction score
As you may know, Mario remasters and ports have been announced for the Nintendo Switch. Pokémon prefers to delve into that territory with remakes, but in the 3DS it was also present with the Virtual Console games. So in this thread you can speculate about what kind of ports, remasters and expanded versions you would like to see for the Switch, or if you think it's worthless to do something like that.

What game would you like to see the most?
Would you put similar games in bundles? Would you include spin-offs?
Ignoring hardware issues, would you rather play the acclaimed Gens 4 & 5 with no changes, or the controversial Gens 6 & 7 with new content?

ports, remasters and expanded versions you would like to see for the Switch,
I'd like to see basically every game, or at least every core game, ported to the Switch. For the core series, I'd like to see HOME compatibility.
it's worthless to do something like that.
I figure GameFreak (and Nintendo) could make a pretty penny if they ported HGSS considering how popular, recommended, and beloved the game is. So I don't think ports wouldn't be financial duds.
What game would you like to see the most?
I think the gen 3 games are what I'd like to see ported the most because I've never gotten around to playing them.
Would you put similar games in bundles?
No, unless there is the option to buy them separately. I don't like the idea of having to pay a lot of money for a bundle of games just to get the one I want.
would you rather play the acclaimed Gens 4 & 5 with no changes, or the controversial Gens 6 & 7 with new content?
Gens 4 and 5. Even with the advancements that gens 6 and 7 have made, I still prefer their predecessors.

I do not like the gen 7 games.
Kalos would be nice, Unova needs to be made in a very powerful console to be able to pull out a good 3D busy city.
For me the logic demands either gen 4 remakes or older games in virtual console

I mean I already own all the games so there’d be no point in me buying things like this if there weren’t any changes. If I wanna replay a Gen 4 or 5 game as they exist, then I’ll go and do just that.

Realistically I don’t see them porting any of the dual-screen games, though. That’s a lot of actual functionality stuff that would have to be removed or reworked for the Switch, and at that point... why not just remake the game properly?

I could see them doing Gen 3. Those games only need one screen, still hold a lot of nostalgic value, and if a “line” does exist for ports, then RSE are technically the next ones in it.

Are we not talking about Picross (for GBC), which was never released back in the day but is part of this service according to a leak? It may be a puzzle game, but it's still more exciting than games we've had access to for years (emulation exists if you don't want to buy an old system).

Edit: Oops, the leak is unrelated to Switch remasters/ports. It's odd that I got the wrong impression before I even saw this thread.

Last edited:
Calling Mario 3D All Stars "remasters" is pretty generous considering they look and play almost exactly the same as the originals. They're closer to ports/emulations than actual remasters.

I wouldn't mind them doing the same for some of the older games that you can't really play anymore, games like FRLG, Emerald, Colosseum, and XD. But those are the only ones that need it, the rest are either on 3DS or Switch or are candidates for a full remake.

Calling Mario 3D All Stars "remasters" is pretty generous considering they look and play almost exactly the same as the originals. They're closer to ports/emulations than actual remasters.
I’ve seen a lot of side-by-side comparisons of them and yeah they do look really similar. However, there are some noticeable differences at least in Sunshine that make it look more like a remaster.
Also, I would die a happy man if we even got a port of Colo/XD to the Switch. Imagine if they were to get the Mystery Dungeon DX treatment.

I’ve seen a lot of side-by-side comparisons of them and yeah they do look really similar. However, there are some noticeable differences at least in Sunshine that make it look more like a remaster.

Maybe, but if it's to the point where you even have to do a side-by-side comparison to really notice any differences, it's already pretty bad. If you're trying to sell the game based on it being an improved experience those improvements should stand out.

A bundle consisting of FRLG, HGSS and ORAS would be interesting, as it would target fans of 5 generations at the same time. Sadly, it would have the issue of the drastic mechanic differences between the games.

I'd like to see Colosseum and XD too. I do wonder what third game could be included to make the bundle feel more complete though, as Stadium and Battle Revolution would lack their main feature of connecting to other games and Pokken is already available.

I doubt they'd want to do much editing/adapting (two screens -> one screen), so bringing the DS/3DS games onto the Switch seems unlikely to me, plus they'll obviously want to keep selling then as proper full-price remakes, and gen. 4 and 5 are next in line for that.

I could definitely see them port the GB/GBC/GBA games, though. If they included already unlocked in-game events again (Celebi in Crystal, Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-Oh in Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen, Mew and Latias/Latios in Emerald etc.) and made wireless trading possible, as well as ensured compatibility with Pokémon Home, it'd be a must-buy for me.

As others have already mentioned, I'd also love to be able to play Colosseum and XD. While fully fleshed-out remakes might not be worth the production costs, a simple port might be a great – and cheap – way of letting people who never got to play them back in the day finally experience them.

Last edited:
LEAK.jpg
Did this rumor prompt the question or is it a coincidence?

As far as things I would like go, I would want the Genius Senority games the most (Colosseum, XD and Battle Revolution).

I'm not sure how this would cause people to complain, though. I mean, they obviously would have dexes limited to their originals and probably wouldn't allow you to import pokemon from home (because of move compatibility issues), but the first two games are pretty well acclaimed and hard to get a copy of

Yes it did :p

Through I personally think that the Tweet does not refer to ports but to something controversial (a.k.a. everything but Sinnoh remakes, including Let's Go Johto...)

If controversial means something other than DP remakes, then there's a chance I'll like it. I doubt that a port (even a glorified one) would get anyone riled up, though.

Did this rumor prompt the question or is it a coincidence?

As far as things I would like go, I would want the Genius Senority games the most (Colosseum, XD and Battle Revolution).

I'm not sure how this would cause people to complain, though. I mean, they obviously would have dexes limited to their originals and probably wouldn't allow you to import pokemon from home (because of move compatibility issues), but the first two games are pretty well acclaimed and hard to get a copy of
Yes it did :p

Through I personally think that the Tweet does not refer to ports but to something controversial (a.k.a. everything but Sinnoh remakes, including Let's Go Johto...)
It was recently datamined from Super Mario 3D Allstars that:
Pokémon Snap was among several N64 titles to be listed within the games code as a possible emulated game.

Not saying it’s likely one way or the other, but with the new one coming out I wouldn’t be surprised to see it. And if Snap gets ported/remastered, I could see Stadium and Stadium 2 following suit.

It was recently datamined from Super Mario 3D Allstars that:
Pokémon Snap was among several N64 titles to be listed within the games code as a possible emulated game.

Not saying it’s likely one way or the other, but with the new one coming out I wouldn’t be surprised to see it. And if Snap gets ported/remastered, I could see Stadium and Stadium 2 following suit.

I don't think that is likely, since we get snap 2

I would so much love a pokemon stadium and stadium 2 remaster. Thoses 2 games was all I was playing as a kid. Of course it would need to be rework on the graphics, but that would be insane. I remeber all the match and the tournement i had with my friends and y brothers, so much precious moments.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom