• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sword and Shield Countdown Thread

Sad I can't look up pokemon stuff on Reddit now since it's a VIOLENTLY negative cesspool... Enough that I almost started worrying about buying the game myself.

But gonna try and avoid that. I really hope the games don't disappoint. >o< I want to have a fun time with my pokemon.
If you’d like to look up information, I've heard that Sword Shield specific subreddit is pretty positive. And if you’re spoilering yourself, the Sword Shield leaks subreddit is also a kinda neutral/positive refuge for info.

(at least that’s what I’ve seen it described in much more insulting language in the /r/pokemon reddit. I agree with some of their viewpoints, but not all, for instance I don’t like people telling others not to buy the games or the more aggressive posts. But god, the entire subreddit is filled with threads that could be summed into a megathread. There’s literally no other discussion there rn).

I'm trying to avoid leaks beyond the pokemon themselves, so I've been walking on eggshells for the most part.

And yeah that's my problem. SOmetimes I like to look at random casual pokemon discussion or fan art but NOPE ITS TIME TO HATE SWORD AND SHIELD ALL DAY EVERYDAY WOO WOO KACHOO.

I JUST WANNA PLAY ALREADYYYY.

I'm trying to avoid leaks beyond the pokemon themselves, so I've been walking on eggshells for the most part.

And yeah that's my problem. SOmetimes I like to look at random casual pokemon discussion or fan art but NOPE ITS TIME TO HATE SWORD AND SHIELD ALL DAY EVERYDAY WOO WOO KACHOO.

I JUST WANNA PLAY ALREADYYYY.

I feel your arceus-damned pain man :)

3 Days
We are now 3 DAYS (PST) from November 15th. I can’t believe how close we are.
tumblr_psmnpirhAi1we6z1vo1_400.gif

We are so close to the game being out too bad i am busy during the weekend and going to play it on Friday any idea what time. Uk people can play the game

Man I've been hiding behind a shield for a while now. Gotta protect myself from the fan outrage somehow.

Friday needs to get here already. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is getting boring now that I've finished the story a second time around.
At least my family has Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. Each month's Grand Prix makes the time go faster. And besides, I've also been playing Final Fantasy VIII on the Switch and currently on Disc 3 (out of 4).

2 Days Eastern Time!
Almost 1 day AEDT
Just 35 hours left for us trainers in Adelaide. EB Games usually opens around 9am.

At least my family has Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. Each month's Grand Prix makes the time go faster. And besides, I've also been playing Final Fantasy VIII on the Switch and currently on Disc 3 (out of 4).
I too have my fair share of things to keep me occupied until the games come out, including the 3DS Pokemon games.

I ordered from a UK online retailer (I'm in Ireland) and they haven't sent Shield out to me yet. (it's still "in progress")

I figure it'll take about two days to reach me, so if they don't send it out by the time business closes today (probably 5pm) then I'll probably cancel it and get a physical copy on Friday.

Anyone who has also ordered online, has your copy been dispatched yet?

I checked mine and it hasn't been sent yet. I am also concerned since when I had Sun sent to me, it got held back inexplicably even though it did arrive on time. They still have some time, but I wouldn't want that to happen again.

Update: Now it's sent, although as two different packages, one for the double pack and another for the coins for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom