• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sword and Shield Countdown Thread

I get off work tomorrow at 10:30 pm (US CST), which means I should get home by about 11:00. Torn between getting some sleep or breaking out Shield as soon as I can.

I ordered from a UK online retailer (I'm in Ireland) and they haven't sent Shield out to me yet. (it's still "in progress")

I figure it'll take about two days to reach me, so if they don't send it out by the time business closes today (probably 5pm) then I'll probably cancel it and get a physical copy on Friday.

Anyone who has also ordered online, has your copy been dispatched yet?

So I was going to cancel my pre-order but it seems I can't now because its "Shipped: pending despatch". Which seems to mean that they're ready to ship it....they just haven't actually shipped it.

I wonder if I'll actually get it by Friday now.

I don't know about UK shippers, but in my experience, that is exactly the same status I have now. The package is ready, they're just waiting to put it on the truck. I've seen it be able to make the trip in one day, depending on where it's being shipped from. I honestly don't know for me.

Also, in my experience, it most likely means it will start traveling tomorrow or at some time during the night. It's probably not an issue, unless they're really dag far away or slow. I'm just glad they're not using the post, since that is what delayed it last time, so I'm a little bit more confident it can make it, as long as they don't faff about too much.

Last edited:
the AEDT clock strikes nine
AaaaaaaAAAaaaaahHHhhh!
Only 24 hours left until Sydney gets access to Sword and Shield!

I know I dropped the ball on this thread but I’m still really excited for these games! I unfortunately won’t be getting the games until Christmas but I eagerly await them! The Wild Area looks so cool in the videos I’ve seen for it! At the very least, I’m awaiting for the fanbase to take a much needed cooldown.

I unfortunately wasn’t able to keep up with the countdown so;
On the thirteenth day of SwSH, Gamefreak gave to me;
Thirteen Haunted Dishes
Twelve Galarian Ponyta running
Eleven Yamper yapping
Ten Rolling Wooloo
Nine Dreadnaw snapping
Eight Rolycolys
Seven Cramorant diving
Six Sirfetch’d dueling
FIVE TROLLING IMPIDIMPS
Four Galarian Linoone
Three cute Starter Pokémon
Two majestic wolves
And a Corviknight flying through the Wild Area!

Last edited:
I feel so torn on this game. Mind, I have done my very best to avoid spoilers as much as I can.

I would like to play the games and see for myself what they have, but I'm terrified I might end up wasting $300+ for a disappointing game (I have yet to buy a Switch). That is a lot of money, and I want the games to be my money's worth.

And please don't say "well there are other games on the market" because I know that. It is just that Pokemon has been part of my life and for the past few months SWSH were hugely controversial. I have never seen so many disappointments, so big an uproar for Pokemon that I'm genuinely concerned.

Last edited:
I feel so torn on this game. Mind, I have done my very best to avoid spoilers as much as I can.

I would like to play the games and see for myself what they have, but I'm terrified I might end up wasting $300+ for a disappointing game (I have yet to buy a Switch). That is a lot of money, and I want the games to be my money's worth.

And please don't say "well there are other games on the market" because I know that. It is just that Pokemon has been part of my life.
For what it's worth, reviews of the first 90 minutes were rather positive across the board. Though I will say, after seeing some leaks, my opinion regarding the games lowered though I still plan on getting Sword, abit a used copy. Granted what disappointed me may not be an issue for you. Many people were hyped by the leaks.

but I'm terrified I might end up wasting $300+ for a disappointing game (I have yet to buy a Switch)
Have you considered getting a Switch Lite instead of a regular Switch? It's $200 instead of $300.

Last edited:
567.500 seconds.

Does it show that I can't wait?
319.000 seconds until November 15th (GMT) !
217.000 seconds (GMT)

There is a light at the end of this ultra wormhole. And it never goes out.

Less than 14 hours now (GMT) until my already pre-loaded Pokémon Shield unlocks. I've been waiting for this since the announcement at E3 2017. I can't believe the time is finally upon us.

And please don't say "well there are other games on the market" because I know that. It is just that Pokemon has been part of my life and for the past few months SWSH were hugely controversial. I have never seen so many disappointments, so big an uproar for Pokemon that I'm genuinely concerned.

To be fair...I do expect to enjoy these games. (I mean a lot of my enjoyment of a new Pokemon game is attached to the new Pokemon, which are my favourite cast of new Pokemon since gen 5) I think a lot of people (even the detractors) would probably agree that the core experience is there...and the core experience is fun.

Whether they'll be great or amazing remains to be seen.

In other news, my copy of the game has been shipped.

Last edited:
Almost midnight here in Sydney. As soon as AEDT time reaches 12AM, you will be able to download the Australian versions of Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield off of the eShop.

Gonna be one of the longest 1.5 day (+ approx. 2-3 days of delivery time) of my life. :lapras::lapras:

Don't worry! I can just fast forward time with my ocar- hey, where'd my ocarina go?

Impidimp laughing in the background

Back
Top Bottom