• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Sword or Shield?

Sword or Shield?

• Sword

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Shield

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 33.3%

• Total voters
Mooderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
Will you be picking up Pokemon Sword or Shield?

Personally I'll probably get both just because my girlfriend will play one, but unless there's a disappointing legendary I'll play both eventually.

Edit: added a choice for both!

Last edited:
The Dragon Lord!
Reaction score
I am thinking Shield, but I most first know what kind of pokemon they will have in each version of the games!!

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Pre-orders here likely won't go live until the morning. :[
the problem truly is going to be that at some random point they'll be like "Oh the fan editions have finally been announced" and then I'll have to cancel my current pre-order for the fan one :p

Mooderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
the problem truly is going to be that at some random point they'll be like "Oh the fan editions have finally been announced" and then I'll have to cancel my current pre-order for the fan one :p
I wonder if they'll make a limited edition pro controller or switch bundle or pokeball plus something
ahhhh too many possibilities!

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll make a limited edition pro controller or switch bundle or pokeball plus something
ahhhh too many possibilities!
Omg don't even get me started! Gotta collect them all! X_X

Ana

Reaction score
Both! Leaning towards sword and I’ll get shield later on

bₗₐcₖ cₐₜ, bₐd ₗᵤcₖ
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Both titles sound intriguing and, for the first time, there isn't a title I immediately want to get based off of first impressions alone. I'll need more details like version exclusives and Legendaries before I can decide :X3:

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
Probably both. After clearing one I get the other.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I'll be buying both for sure. The question is which to start with. It usually depends on legendaries and region exclusives for me. Just as of the look of the logo and the name though, for now I'm going Sword first.

Reaction score
I'll get Sword for sure. It's the blue colored one and I prefer offense over defense.

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
I don't know about this. I'll need more convincing.

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
The last decision will depend on the Version-exclusives, but I am likely getting Sword.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I always go with the first version unless there is some reason I just dramatically prefer the title of the second, which has never happened. So Sword.

Reaction score
I am leaning towards Sword at the moment, but all can change depending on the version exclusive and on the legendary.

Lovely
Reaction score
Depends on the legendary mascot and version exclusives. But for now, maybe Sword.