• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Sword or Shield?

Sword or Shield?

• Sword

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Shield

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
I'm picking whatever's the first I literally find at Best Buy on release.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Both as always. But I will more than likely get sword first.

That also reminds me I should get Ultra Moon and Sun before the 3DS is completely in the ground.

Paid Unova Shill
Reaction score
Given the price hike, I may actually have to just pick one this time. I've always been a buy-bother, with the exception of LGPE (there was no fathomable reason for me to buy both in that instance), so this would feel strange, having to commit to one side. Aesthetically, I feel like I've always, or at least since I reentered the series in 2011, leaned more toward the "right side" versions (White, Y, Moon... I prefer SoulSilver and Alpha Sapphire over their counterparts, and I'd have picked Pearl if I had been there at the time), and I do seem to prefer the Shield logo.

El_

Reaction score
Live by the Sword so shall I die by the Sword.

Offensive legendary "blueish?" Wolf, hopefully I'll like its design more than the defensive legendary red Wolf.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
My favorite show ever is Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I am obligated to get Shield.

Reaction score
I always get both. But in terms of which one will be my main cart will depend. I usually look at which one has been pre-ordered less and then I get the other one. :)

Reaction score
We don't even know the version differences and the Legendaries yet.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Haven't decided yet. Unlike previous cases such as Black, X, Omega Ruby, and Ultra Moon, I want to see exactly what the differences are first. Both will always be off the table as long as trading is a thing.

Reaction score
Will be following the game on youtube but will not buy and play this time, too repetitive.

Reaction score
I haven't decided yet, but I suspect the biggest factor will be which version mascot I like better.

King of Planet Panthera
Reaction score
Based on color and design of the logo alone, I'm going with Sword. Blue is my favorite color. That said, we haven't seen the mascots yet, so depending on their designs and version exclusives, my choice may change. For now, its Sword. Logo just looks more appealing.

icy dragon
Reaction score
Both as usual, though I'll most likely play through Sword first and have it be my main file.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I wonder if each one will cost $60.

Anyhow, I always go for the cooler version with the exception of HeartGold. And that would be Sword.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Sword sounds coolest for now.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards Sword. Because I'm more of an attack than defense person. Plus it's the cold color version.

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
By name, I’m inclined toward Sword, especially if the Pokémon will be more offense-oriented. However, I’m gonna wait until we know about version differences and other things.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I do plan on getting both in the future, but it'll ultimately depend on the legendary and version exclusives for me. I originally wanted to get Moon, but the version exclusives for Sun turned out better so I wound up getting that. Let's wait and see.

Monoceros
Reaction score
Both. I'll take Shield and Prime will take Sword. Or that's how it's looking right now. (Heh, I'm gonna be Silverwynde, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. now!)