• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Sword or Shield?

Sword or Shield?

• Sword

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Shield

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
Planetary, Intergalactic
Reaction score
I'm going with Shield, since that's the style of character I tend to prefer in games in general. I'm always investing in defense and HP. If the box legend ends up being a wolf kind of thing, I'm naming it Reinhardt, after the Overwatch character.

sɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ
Reaction score
I think this is one of the first times I'm not immediately sold on a version! With SM/USUM, even if I didn't know the box legends or anything at all, I was more partial to Moon's general theme so I went with it. But there aren't any immediate differences at first glance, which should (hopefully) make version differences pretty interesting.

That said, while I want to commit for both, I'm not sure how feasible it would be, so waiting for version differences would probably work best for me.

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
I've been getting both versions since ORAS, so I'll get both again. But I need a Switch, too.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I don't know enough about either game to state which one I will get, assuming I get the games.

Now with a m̶e̶g̶a̶ Gigantamax
Reaction score
I'll have to see... The box legendary could do it for me, but more-than-likely I'll want to see a couple of the new version exclusives before I decide.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Way too early to say. I need to know the differences.

Reaction score
Leaning towards shield, but I'll have to wait to see what the version exclusives or other differences are like :eek:

Im newbie crappy out Fire starter
Reaction score
im both Sword and Shield.
really actually using speculations.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I'll most likely get both, as I tend to do that, but Sword might be first on the list for me. However, exclusives and such will ultimately decide which one gets the most "attention" out of them. And... price is an issue, too, as I know Switch games can be quite high. So... I may have to buy one at release and buy the second one later down the road, just in case they're both $60 or so individually. So, overall, I'll end up with both, but if the price issue does rear its head, then Sword will be my first choice. But, again, version exclusives and such will ultimately determine which version gets the lovin' first.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
I am leaning towards Sword until further info is revealed that causes me to switch.

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
Here's something that made my decision easy. Is there any legendary shield that can only be wielded by the chosen one in any video-game? Off course not! Not even Skyward Sword's Hylian Shield! So I chose Sword because that has the capability of getting legendary status and only being wielded by a chosen one, plus the sword in the stone is always a cool aspect.

The Power of Thunder
Reaction score
Will get both as I usually do, but given the Switch's launch price tag on games, I'll get Sword at launch and Shield probably around Christmas.

There is only one king!
Reaction score
I just happen to prefer Sword based on the names alone so I'm going with that unless any major version exclusives change my mind.

Reaction score
Im not sure if I'll get both like I usually do given the games have gotten more expensive, but definately picking up Sword since it sounds cooler and I usually prefer the "blue" one of the pair.

Reaction score
Still too early to call for me. Leaning Shield right now because of Allister, although I like Zacian’s design better. But there’s still so much that could come up to tip me in either direction...