• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword or Shield?

Sword or Shield?

• Sword

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Shield

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
Given the price hike, I may actually have to just pick one this time. I've always been a buy-bother, with the exception of LGPE (there was no fathomable reason for me to buy both in that instance), so this would feel strange, having to commit to one side. Aesthetically, I feel like I've always, or at least since I reentered the series in 2011, leaned more toward the "right side" versions (White, Y, Moon... I prefer SoulSilver and Alpha Sapphire over their counterparts, and I'd have picked Pearl if I had been there at the time), and I do seem to prefer the Shield logo.

Live by the Sword so shall I die by the Sword.

Offensive legendary "blueish?" Wolf, hopefully I'll like its design more than the defensive legendary red Wolf.

I always get both. But in terms of which one will be my main cart will depend. I usually look at which one has been pre-ordered less and then I get the other one. :)

Haven't decided yet. Unlike previous cases such as Black, X, Omega Ruby, and Ultra Moon, I want to see exactly what the differences are first. Both will always be off the table as long as trading is a thing.

Will be following the game on youtube but will not buy and play this time, too repetitive.

I haven't decided yet, but I suspect the biggest factor will be which version mascot I like better.

Based on color and design of the logo alone, I'm going with Sword. Blue is my favorite color. That said, we haven't seen the mascots yet, so depending on their designs and version exclusives, my choice may change. For now, its Sword. Logo just looks more appealing.

I wonder if each one will cost $60.

Anyhow, I always go for the cooler version with the exception of HeartGold. And that would be Sword.

Sword sounds coolest for now.

I do plan on getting both in the future, but it'll ultimately depend on the legendary and version exclusives for me. I originally wanted to get Moon, but the version exclusives for Sun turned out better so I wound up getting that. Let's wait and see.

I'm going with Shield, since that's the style of character I tend to prefer in games in general. I'm always investing in defense and HP. If the box legend ends up being a wolf kind of thing, I'm naming it Reinhardt, after the Overwatch character.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom