• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword or Shield?

Sword or Shield?

• Sword

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Shield

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
I think this is one of the first times I'm not immediately sold on a version! With SM/USUM, even if I didn't know the box legends or anything at all, I was more partial to Moon's general theme so I went with it. But there aren't any immediate differences at first glance, which should (hopefully) make version differences pretty interesting.

That said, while I want to commit for both, I'm not sure how feasible it would be, so waiting for version differences would probably work best for me.

I've been getting both versions since ORAS, so I'll get both again. But I need a Switch, too.

Way too early to say. I need to know the differences.

I'll most likely get both, as I tend to do that, but Sword might be first on the list for me. However, exclusives and such will ultimately decide which one gets the most "attention" out of them. And... price is an issue, too, as I know Switch games can be quite high. So... I may have to buy one at release and buy the second one later down the road, just in case they're both $60 or so individually. So, overall, I'll end up with both, but if the price issue does rear its head, then Sword will be my first choice. But, again, version exclusives and such will ultimately determine which version gets the lovin' first.

Here's something that made my decision easy. Is there any legendary shield that can only be wielded by the chosen one in any video-game? Off course not! Not even Skyward Sword's Hylian Shield! So I chose Sword because that has the capability of getting legendary status and only being wielded by a chosen one, plus the sword in the stone is always a cool aspect.

Still too early to call for me. Leaning Shield right now because of Allister, although I like Zacian’s design better. But there’s still so much that could come up to tip me in either direction...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom