• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword or Shield?

Sword or Shield?

• Sword

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Shield

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
Everything so far says "Shield" to me.

Why does there always have to be a version that only a minority of people like and a version that most people think is better?

It also seem like the least popular is also always the "second" game.

It seems like half the time I prefer the first game and half I prefer the other. It's sometimes harder to choose than others.

I agree on waiting on version exclusives. Especially since we know we'll be having more exclusive gym leaders. Plus we haven't even see any version exclusive new Pokemon yet.

Currently I’m leaning towards Sword because I prefer the version exclusive Pokémon, Jangmo-o (a Pokémon I’ve always wanted to use) and Deino, and like the logo more than I like Shield’s, but that may change as more information about version exclusives comes out.

Way too early to tell, so far doesn't seem to be much exclusive other than Bea vs Allister.
Not sure why the hype around Allister, also if his signature pokemon is Mimikyu that's too similar to Acerola who we just had.
Bea seems to have Hitmontop, which while not new, hasn't been a signature Pokemon before (Chuck really had a missed opportunity there)

Also I think I prefer Zacian to Zamazenta, but the sword in its mouth does look goofy.
So I guess I'm leaning towards Sword slightly, but it's very minimal reasoning so far a good version exclusive, could easily tip me into the Shield column

Not sure why the hype around Allister, also if his signature pokemon is Mimikyu that's too similar to Acerola who we just had.
Bea seems to have Hitmontop, which while not new, hasn't been a signature Pokemon before (Chuck really had a missed opportunity there)
There's a good chance they are not their aces.

I have always been fond of picking the blue-toned version, so Sword is the one I'll get. Even f there are some version exclusives, I can still get them by trading. Also, Zacian looks cooler than Zamazenta.

Originally, I was leaning towards Sword but with Galarian Ponyta being a Shield exclusive I'm in a bind. I want to use Jangmo-o, a Sword exclusive, but I also want to use Galarian Ponyta. Hopefully we'll see more version exclusives in the future that'll make the decision easier.

I feel there needs to be another option in the poll, undecided, but I digress.

Sword was my choice from seeing Zamanzenta.

Each reveal of exclusives have made me more pleased with the decision.

I will get Shield eventually, especially with the vast amount of differences.

I’m hoping we find out soon about early in game Pokémon/gift Pokémon we get. I’m a fan of Wonder Trading as soon as possible to get some fun extras so Jangm-Oo being a Sword exclusive doesn’t bother me.

I have changed my mind. I'm going with shield. I like Ponyta better. I also like the exclusive pseudo legends in shield better.

To bad about the stupid Gym Leader though.

Oh well, at least I'm free of the 'cold color' version curse now.

From what we've seen so far, Sword no question. The cover legendary looks better, the exclusive pseudos are better, I like the fighting type gym leader, and Sirfetched.

I like Galarian Ponyta but that's not nearly enough to sway me in the other direction.

From what we've seen so far, Sword no question. The cover legendary looks better, the exclusive pseudos are better, I like the fighting type gym leader, and Sirfetched.

I like Galarian Ponyta but that's not nearly enough to sway me in the other direction.

This but in the completely opposite direction towards Shield.....hang on....

From what we've seen so far, Shield no question. The cover legendary looks better, the exclusive pseudos are better, I like the ghost type gym leader, and Galarian Ponyta.

I like Sirfetch'd but that's not nearly enough to sway me in the other direction.

I prefer every single thing about Sword aside from Galarian Ponyta not being in it. And Galarian Ponyta is enough to make me change my mind, so I changed my vote. I'm for Shield, now. Sorry, sword wolf.

I always go for the left version for the games. So I'm still getting Sword.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom