• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Here is what will likely be in these expansion packs for Sword and Shield. Take this with a grain of salt, but this here is what will most likely be in it. You're more than free to add your version and see what we would come up with.

Galar Dex = 400 - 80 new Pokemon = 320 (321 if including Mew)

Gen 1:
Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur
Squirtle - Wartortle - Blastoise
Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot
Zubat - Golbat
Nidoran (Female) - Nidorina - Nidoqueen
Nidoran (Male) - Nidorino - Nidoking
Slopoke - Slobro
Magnemite - Magneton
Horsea - Seadra
Electabuzz
Magmar
Omynite-Omnystar
Kabuto - Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Arcticuno, Zapdos, Moltres,
Dratini - Dragonair - Dragonite
Mewtwo
(37)

Gen 2:
Chikarita - Bayleef - Maganium
Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion
Totodile - Croconaw - Feraligater
Maril - Azumaril
Crobat
Sloking
Elekid
Magby
Kingdra
Blissey
Entai, Raikou, Suicune
Lugia, Ho-oh
Celebi
(23)

Gen 3:
Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile
Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken
Mudkip - Marshtomps - Swampert
Taillow - Swellow
Azurill
Lileep - Cradily
Anorith - Armaldo
Spheal - Sealeo - Walrein
Bagon - Shelgon - Salamence
Beldum - Metang - Metagoss
Regirock, Regiice, Registeel
Latias, Latios
Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
(35)

Gen 4:
Turtwig - Grotle - Torterra
Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape
Piplup - Prinplup - Empoleon
Starly - Staravia - Staraptor
Cranidos - Rampardos
Shieldon - Bastiodon
Happiny
Gible - Gabite - Garchomp
Magnezone
Electivire
Magmortar
Uxie, Mesprite, Azelf
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
Regigigas
Heatram
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
(37)

Gen 5:
Victini
Snivy - Survine - Surperior
Tepig - Pignite - Emboar
Oshowott - Duwott - Samurott
Lillipup - Herdier - Stoutland
Tirtouga - Carracoasta
Archen - Archaeops
Zorua - Zoroark
Audino
Cryogonal
Druddigon
Larvesta - Volcarona
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Tornadus, Thundrus, Landorus
Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
Meloetta
Genosect
(36)

Gen 6:
Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught
Fennekin - Braixen - Delphox
Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame
Tyrunt - Tyrantrum
Amaura - Aurorus
Dedenne
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
(23)

Gen 7:
Rowlit - Dartrix - Decidueye
Litten - Torracat - Incineroar
Popleo - Brionne - Primarina
Pikipek - Trumbeak - Toucannon
Rocruff - Lycanroc
Sandygast - Palossand
Tapu Koko - Tapu Lele - Tapu Bulu - Tapu Fini
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo - Lunala
Necrozma
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan - Melmetal
(30)

total: 222 Old Pokemon
Where were mythical Pokémon confirmed?

Ahhhh.
So that's what happened to Kon from Bleach after the anime disappeared.

He went through a total name and design change, jumped ship to another franchise and now refers to himself as Kubfu.
:wynaut:

I don't think they will have anything remotely close to 800 Pokemon when they release the entirety of the Expansion Pass.

They did it in 2012 in a far better way. Is the complete SwSh experience comparable to BW+B2W2? It's more expensive by $10. I am not cutting them slack by using USUM for the comparison instead, and even if I did... At least USUM have 808 Pokemon rather than 600-650, and you could play them without SM.

They hadn't necessarily finalized this plan back then. They might have been hoping that Dexit would be received better so that they wouldn't have to "compensate" for anything.
Then why does Regi-dragon have that dragon head on its arm that is clearly already in sw/sh in front of the dragon city?

Don't forget the other Pokemon that were found in the data of SwSh by hackers. If Mythicals are in, then so can others alongside the legendaries.
I mentioned this in the last sentence of my post. Also anything can be in but my point was we really don’t have any reason to think some are any more likely than others barring the exceptions I mentioned.

You notice the League shirt in The Crown Tundra has two figures in it instead of the one for the Galar League. Could this possibly be for a special Pokemon Tournament, like it has past Champions and trainers competing in it?

I mentioned this in the last sentence of my post. Also anything can be in but my point was we really don’t have any reason to think some are any more likely than others barring the exceptions I mentioned.

Pixie Plate is in the game, so it could be that Arceus would be in The Crown Tundra.

I can't be the only one who immediately thought of Sayaka from Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou when seeing Klara for the first time.
Watanabe.Sayaka.full.1698621.jpg
7wgdgsF.png
char_klara.png

Last edited:
Then why does Regi-dragon have that dragon head on its arm that is clearly already in sw/sh in front of the dragon city?
1. It may not have been originally intended for that Regi. We've seen similar unusued dragons before, and uh, the Regi connection is awkward.
2. It might have been a concept initially considered for a separate game that turned into DLC.
3. Maybe the DLC was the plan even in June and they just didn't want to announce it a year in advance (just for the first part) while promoting the base game... This expansion is not that extensive.
4. This is getting into a conspiracy theory, but making fans uncertain about removed Pokemon is a good way to make them think that their return is the best thing ever. I am not so sure that they made an error...

It would be interesting if one of the houses you find in the Crown Tundra happens to be Cynthia's (Since that's the only expansion to include Garchomp/plus it'll be a Wild Area style world), and you end up battling her or achieve an item from her.

Perhaps there is hope yet, although it's best not to get expectations too high.

So the theme for each region are as follows...

Kanto - Hopes
Johto - Traditions
Hoenn - Climate
Sinnoh - Origin
Unova - Dreams
Kalos - Beauty
Alola - Culture
Galar - Strength, Growth and Expedition

Also,just out of curiosity, what if Team Rocket does appear in The Crown Tundra, but called something else like... ''Team Royal Rocket'', just like in Alola they were called ''Team Rainbow Rocket''.

Also,just out of curiosity, what if Team Rocket does appear in The Crown Tundra, but called something else like... ''Team Royal Rocket'', just like in Alola they were called ''Team Rainbow Rocket''.

Oh, good Lord, no! Team Rocket has gotten ENOUGH time in the series as is. They're overrated and I want to see them die out (except Jessie, James, and Meowth, as they're decent folk at times). But, sweet lordie GF, keep Team Rocket out of this. That's the LAST thing Sword/Shield need.

Also calling it...

The guy who will be hiring the player in The Crown Tundra, as shown in the concept sheets is Leon and Hop's dad. Same eye color, eyebrow and skin tone.

Not hyped for this and I think it's hypocritical of GF to do this expansion pack thing when they previously said that they wanted to make complete games without resorting to DLC content.

It doesn't have to be "hypocritical" - there is such a thing as "changing your mind." Reality doesn't stay the same forever and it's natural for views to change in accordance.

They didn't do DLC for previous generations because it simply wasn't feasible to do. Maybe they could have done it for the 3DS games, but there's any number of reasons why they might have chosen not to. But overall the "third version"-style of release has become very outdated now that DLC is possible. They're just getting with the times.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom