• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Spoilers Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Reaction score
It could potentially save them money since they wouldn't have to invest in releasing a new set of games every year or two, and could push it out to a more healthier interval.
You also need to take into account that people are making these games. It's not healthy having to push GameFreak into the release cycle they were presented with for the last two gens, especially if you take into consideration the crunch and burnout rumors that were going around earlier this year.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It could potentially save them money since they wouldn't have to invest in releasing a new set of games every year or two, and could push it out to a more healthier interval.
You need to take into account that people are making these games. It's not healthy having to push GameFreak into the release cycle they were presented with for the last two gens, especially if you take into consideration the crunch and burnout rumors that were going around earlier this year.
They show no signs of changing, and so far each "non new gen" addition has been paltry (only 5 for USUM, 2 for Let's Go, and 6 for the Expansion Pass) and they've all been Legendaries and/or Mythicals.

Reaction score
But the thing is, didn't one GameFreak developer say very clearly at one point that there wasn't any plans for another Let's Go game unless LGPE exceeded their sales expectations somehow? Knowing TrollFreak I wouldn't be surprised if the all the Johto Pokémon plushes were just a massive red herring to throw everyone off track.

Although I guess the same thing could be said about all the cryptic Gen IV hints...we'll see.

Last edited:
I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle
Reaction score
People on reddit seem to be reporting the enemy level scaling maxes at level 60. Maybe just early stuff, though.

Reaction score
What does the new Pokemon being Legendaries or Mythicals have to do with anything? They're still new designs, and said designs can he used to sell new merchandise, which is how TPCi makes the bulk of their revenue.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
If I had to wager a guess I'd say LG Johto, if it is planned, will be a DLC for LGPE planned to release early 2021, rather than a new game, and Gen IV remakes are still in the pipeline, but they won't come until November 2021.

But the thing is, didn't one GameFreak developer say very clearly at one point that there wasn't any plans for another Let's Go game unless LGPE exceeded their sales expectations somehow? Knowing TrollFreak I wouldn't be surprised if the all the Johto Pokémon plushes were just a massive red herring to throw everyone off track.

Although I guess the same thing could be said about all the cryptic Gen IV hints...we'll see.
I don't think that they would release two main series games in a single year, and I'm not expecting them to put out DLC for a game that is no longer relevant.

Waiting to bloom
Reaction score
pokemon smile is the purest thing i have ever seen. I already download it for my sister.

Pokemon Cafe mix looks incredibly CUTE. I want it.

New Pokemon Snap hits different. I almost cry when i first saw it.

Megas are relevant again. Interesting.

No news for DLC but don't care.

Reaction score
Seeing Pokemon in Café uniforms is so cute, and it's making me tempted to buy the game when it comes out just for that! lol

Megas being relevant in so many games sans the main games is the weirdest choice. I guess it's to appease the fans who wanted them back, but I feel like the bulk of us would prefer Megas being in the main games... Hopefully the gen 4 remakes have them, even if they're nerfed.

Reaction score
If I had to wager a guess I'd say LG Johto, if it is planned, will be a DLC for LGPE planned to release early 2021 rather than a new game, and Gen IV remakes are still in the pipeline, but they won't come until November 2021 (aka the last games in this Gen).

Gamefreak also said no DLC (But apparently they were already working on it before SWSH even released).

Son of Ares
Reaction score
I don't want to read through five pages so I'll just guess (things in parenthesis are my opinions):

• "Isle of Armor out now." (I guess I'll have to go get it sometime in the future)
  • "They didn't show enough Isle of Armor stuff." (Which, to be fair, you're right)
  • "New Pokemon Snap!? What!?" (I haven't even played the original but I want it)
  • "Pokemon Smile? What?" (They're really going for that health angle)
  • "Huh. Pokemon Cafe Mix. Neat little puzzle game." (I might get it. It might be fun to play when I need to kill time)
  • Anywhere from "Mega Evolutions in Go. Neat." To "oh great, Mega Evolutions." To "They haven't forgotten them." To "They finally remember Mega Evos but only in go! Dammit!." (Personally, I'm in the last category)
  • "Big project? I wonder what it is!" (Please be Sinnoh remakes please be Sinnoh remakes please be Sinnoh remakes)
And that is what I think happened in the last five pages.

Me personally. I have things to be excited for now, none of them are related to the expansion pass. I'll just wait until it's fully out.

Reaction score
People on reddit seem to be reporting the enemy level scaling maxes at level 60. Maybe just early stuff, though.
Is the level scaling based on the Pokemon you currently have in your party or based on your progression through the main game?

So for example if you've already become the champion but show up to the isle of armor with level 10 Pokemon, will the levels scale to the level of my current team or the progress I've made so far? (so, level 60)

I feel like the answer is that it's based on progression but I figure I'll ask anyway...

Reaction score
Makes sense, since thats just as in the main game when you completed the 8 gyms.

I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle
Reaction score
Is the level scaling based on the Pokemon you currently have in your party or based on your progression through the main game?

So for example if you've already become the champion but show up to the isle of armor with level 10 Pokemon, will the levels scale to the level of my current team or the progress I've made so far? (so, level 60)

I feel like the answer is that it's based on progression but I figure I'll ask anyway...
I think progression from what people have posted.

Reaction score
I think progression from what people have posted.
Yeah I just checked and it is progression. I have a second save file that I haven't much progress on that I'll probably use to play through the first time. There's something kinda weird to me about putting a team together full of level 60 Pokemon and then having them probably evolve straight away after they gain a level.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
I have to say, I've only explored a small bit of the Isle of Armor, but already I can tell it was a lot better executed than the Wild Area. Just in terms of environment, the Isle of Armor has so much more to offer. The Wild Area is a lot of the same, with that one desert-like area in the middle. The Isle of Armor has oceans, caves, marshy areas, mountainous paths. It's really nice and it makes it feel massive.

Reaction score
Meteor Beam is a Rock type move and Expanding Force is Psychic. CALLED IT.

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
Trying to get Apricorn balls using the Cram o matic is a right pain.
Even using 4 of the same apricorn doesnt guarantee the ball you want.