• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

they've all been Legendaries and/or Mythicals.
1592406464141.png

Pokemon Smile and Sleep? In the world were we need less mobile phone exposure adding them to untouched activities like sleeping and brushing?

trying to find additional max mushrooms seems quite difficult as well, something to do with having dynamax battles.
have found 1 extra, but need 2 more for a second serving of soup

Galarian Form, does not count.
Regional Variants do count, as my Alolan Vulpix plush and my growing desire to buy a Galarian Ponyta plush can attest to that. If anything Variants have to have been the best decision GameFreak has made in terms of selling merchandise.
Love Vulpix? Here's a white and fluffy version for you to love!
Love Ponyta? Here, have a rainbow princess version to gallop around with!
Love Meowth? Then you're in luck, here's a sly and pampered version, as well as a rough and tough ugly-cute Viking version for you to cuddle!
Hell, I would not be surprised if the gen 4 remakes actually ends up having "Sinnohan" Variants of Pokemon.

Regional Variants do count, as my Alolan Vulpix plush and my growing desire to buy a Galarian Ponyta plush can attest to that. If anything Variants have to have been the best decision GameFreak has made in terms of selling merchandise.
Love Vulpix? Here's a white and fluffy version for you to love!
Love Ponyta? Here, have a rainbow princess version to gallop around with!
Love Meowth? Then you're in luck, here's a sly and pampered version, as well as a rough and tough ugly-cute Viking version for you to cuddle!
Hell, I would not be surprised if the gen 4 remakes actually ends up having "Sinnohan" Variants of Pokemon.
They don't have their own national dex numbers, so they are not new Pokemon.

They don't have their own national dex numbers, so they are not new Pokemon.
Dude, that doesn't matter at all. What are you even trying to argue?
They may not be "new pokemon," but they're new designs they can market and sell.
Megas and Gigantamax forms aren't new Pokemon either, but they're still a way to sell plushies, figures, cards, pins, clothes, and freaking cups.
Regional Variants are the same. They are ways to sell merchandise, which GameFreak has figured out doesn't need to be included in new sets of games.

I'm going to drop this now since it's been going on for three pages at this point, and this thread is for discussing the DLC.

Well, I was not expecting followers to come back.

Still undecided if it's worth getting; sounds like the story is very short and I'm not sure how much there is to do with the new Pokémon yet other than max raids, and Max Raids are terrible so I just get through them with level 100 Legendarys anyways.
I guess Crown Tundra might have more, but if multi battles and legendary raids are the only new post-game features I'm not really interested.

The Diglett roundup quest gives you free regional forms. For each set of 10 or so Diglett you find, you get a new regional variant. So far I've gotten Alolan Meowth, Kantonian Slowpoke, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Raichu, and Alolan Marowak.

Got my 2nd serving of soup

Any idea how to evolve Slowpoke now? Ive got it holding the galaric twig herb thing and levelling it up

I just tested it. You need to collect 8 Galarica Twigs and then take them to the NPC standing under the stone arch in the Workout Sea. She'll fashion the twigs into a Galarica Cuff. Then you simply use that on your Slowpoke as if it were an evolution stone.

Also she gives you a Slowpoke-themed shirt if you have a Slowpoke on your team.

I just tested it. You need to collect 8 Galarica Twigs and then take them to the NPC standing under the stone arch in the Workout Sea. She'll fashion the twigs into a Galarica Cuff. Then you simply use that on your Slowpoke as if it were an evolution stone.

Also she gives you a Slowpoke-themed shirt if you have a Slowpoke on your team.

Do you need the ability to ride on water to get to her?

How do you get the Apricorn balls, im continually feeding 4 of the same colour apricorn to this cram o matic and keep getting other balls, Dusk Ball, Premier Ball, Repeat ball etc

Man, I wish the scaling took into account level 100 Pokemon... The number of times I've tried to weaken a Pokemon to catch only, only for my Pokemon to one-shot them is starting to get annoying.
Did GameFreak not think about how showering players with Rare and Exp Candies would have caused people to have full parties if Max Level Pokemon..? :/

Last edited:
Do you need the ability to ride on water to get to her?

Yes.

Do they even remember that Sleep exists?

They sleeping on Sleep.

How do you get the Apricorn balls, im continually feeding 4 of the same colour apricorn to this cram o matic and keep getting other balls, Dusk Ball, Premier Ball, Repeat ball etc

I think it's only a chance to get the Apricorn Ball - when I talked to Hyde, he said you might get a rare Poké Ball "if you're very lucky."

Well, I was not expecting followers to come back.

Still undecided if it's worth getting; sounds like the story is very short and I'm not sure how much there is to do with the new Pokémon yet other than max raids, and Max Raids are terrible so I just get through them with level 100 Legendarys anyways.
I guess Crown Tundra might have more, but if multi battles and legendary raids are the only new post-game features I'm not really interested.

I’d say it’s worth it, from what I’ve seen/heard so far. The story may be short, but the Isle of Armor itself is amazing. Like, it’s pretty much everything the Wild Area SHOULD have been. The twists and turns, the variety of environments, etc makes it honestly fun to go through (and not a chore). Also, even if the story is short, it’s not all that bad; we get two more jerk rivals out of it, for one thing.

All in all, I’m legitimately impressed by the IoA. Maybe if the base game was this good or if the DLC didn’t cost so much or if we got more Galarian forms/new Pokémon, I’d still fully support Game Freak, but alas, that’s not the case.

Anyways, I recommend that you get it. It’s really fun.

I’d say it’s worth it, from what I’ve seen/heard so far. The story may be short, but the Isle of Armor itself is amazing. Like, it’s pretty much everything the Wild Area SHOULD have been. The twists and turns, the variety of environments, etc makes it honestly fun to go through (and not a chore). Also, even if the story is short, it’s not all that bad; we get two more jerk rivals out of it, for one thing.

All in all, I’m legitimately impressed by the IoA. Maybe if the base game was this good or if the DLC didn’t cost so much or if we got more Galarian forms/new Pokémon, I’d still fully support Game Freak, but alas, that’s not the case.

Anyways, I recommend that you get it. It’s really fun.
Thanks! I'm seeing other sites saying similar, so I'll grab it later today.
(Also there's apparently an EV reset function now so there's that).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom