• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Even then, it's not the only region to be excluded by that much.
Still, you keep using excuses after excuses after excuses of why a Gen 4 remake isn't happening, only to keep saying the same things over and over again all the while ignoring what's in the in-game data saying otherwise.

Still, you keep using excuses after excuses after excuses of why a Gen 4 remake isn't happening, only to keep saying the same things over and over again all the while ignoring what's in the in-game data saying otherwise.
To be fair, they raise a valid point regarding the fact that, based upon the leak, a similar number of Sinnoh Pokémon are excluded as are Johto and Hoenn Pokémon. That doesn’t automatically mean we won’t get Sinnoh remakes, just that you can’t say the large number of missing Sinnoh Pokémon guarantees that because it isn’t the only region with 40+ missing ‘mons.

I haven’t looked at the list—I’m trying to avoid seeing ‘dex spoilers—but if a sizable amount of the missing Pokémon are present in the Sinnoh regional Pokédex, then I think that makes a more convincing case for Sinnoh remakes.

Last edited:
The fact that they have excluded such a huge amount of Gen 4 Pokemon even within the DLC hints toward a Gen 4 remake whether you like it or not.
I just counted the amount of Sinnoh and Johto Pokemon that are added in Isle of Armor
Johto: 12
Sinnoh: 10

However, with a sidenote that a lot of them are evolutions of mons that were added in those generations (Which means they need to be present by default). Not counting those Pokemon
Johto: 5
Sinnoh: 5

Then the amount is the same.

So... now lets count the Johto and Sinnoh mons that are already in the regular dex.
Johto: 29
Sinnoh: 35

So overall, we have more Sinnoh mons in Galar than we have Johto mons currently.
Now lets see the amount of mons Crown Tundra will bring for both
Johto: 9
Sinnoh: 15

Total
Johto: 50
Sinnoh: 60

Fact of the matter is that you can't have Mismagius without Misdreavus, Honchkrow without Murkrow, Gliscor without Gligar for example - while you can have Misdreavus without Mismagius, Murkrow without Honchkrow and Gligar without Gliscor (Too name a few, since same applies for Sneasel for example) - so for example the Johto base stages need to be in the game by default in order to obtain the Sinnoh final stages.

Percentage wise, Johto has less mons in the Galar Dex than Sinnoh does.

Then we had all those Johto Plushies during the Presents and the Lets Go Games.

Just face it, Lets Go Johto is much more likely than Sinnoh remakes at this point.

Last edited:
It's disappointing that apparently we'll only get 19 new catchable Pokemon in the overworld in Crown, and for some bizarre reason all of them (besides Swablu) are either 1 stage or 3 stage families. All because of those fossils.

Huh, wonder why they excluded Deoxys, Meloetta, and Hoopa but included all the other mythicals (not counting gen 4).

Alternate formes.

Same amount of Johto mons are absent.

Then we had all those Johto Plushies during the Presents and the Lets Go Games.

Just face it, Lets Go Johto is much more likely than Sinnoh remakes at this point.
The background isn't an indication of anything at all, that's just baseless theory.

Urshifu has appaling base stats for a legendary.

Florges, Archeops and Arcanine all higher
Eh, while they do have lower BSTs, I wouldn't call their stat spread "appalling." I mean, Silvally has a higher BST, 570, but doesn't have any stat above 95.

At any rate, my hypothesis for why Urshifu has a comparatively low BST for a legendary is because GameFreak intended it to make it more like a non-legendary Pokemon to encourage players not to box it under the impression that it is an overpowered legendary. Or something like that--it's hard to explain.

Eh, while they do have lower BSTs, I wouldn't call their stat spread "appalling." I mean, Silvally has a higher BST, 570, but doesn't have any stat above 95.

At any rate, my hypothesis for why Urshifu has a comparatively low BST for a legendary is because GameFreak intended it to make it more like a non-legendary Pokemon to encourage players not to box it under the impression that it is an overpowered legendary. Or something like that--it's hard to explain.

Yeah even in the story there is no mention that ive found anyway of it actually being a legendary. To me seemed more like a Lucario type of mon. They have multiple at this dojo which is easily accessible by public transport.

I know that Game Freak never gonna make a excellent remake of Sinnoh. They probably won't include Battle Frontier, probably won't expand Sinnoh dex, probably won't bring back following pokemon or customization, they might add a distortion world episode but i don't have much faith for that. They will probably go with the stupid and ugly dynamax instead of megas. They will leave Sinnoh grid based and won't even bother to modernize it. They won't alter or expand or improve the story at all , i say that because they never did. There is no way they are making it a sequel too. So under these conditions i don't want a Sinnoh remake.

Don't get me wrong. Galar was fun, nice but underwhelming. It was soooo bland. New pokemon and characters are beyond great but everything else was pretty bad. Even the DLCs. I don't think it worth the price. This franchise has a huge potential but they scratch the surface all the time. They can go and make a new Let's Go game. I don't care about those. But they definitely stop releasing a new game every year.

Also i think it is so sad to see fans get happy because their favorite pokemon added back into the game. They shouldn't excluded at the first place. And returning pokemon doesn't make a DLC great.

Sorry if i seem negative, actually i am not. I support the franchise to the end but got devastated from lack of content in gen 8.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom