• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Leon should mention his time on the island. I like to know more about his training there.

I agree, he suggestively got his Charizard from Mustard and Honey hence why we only get to choose from Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
So the island was an important part of his rise to champion.

I'm just hurt there's still no way to get belly drum on Galar born Slurpuff. Even with reintroduced breeding buddies
Dang, that's a shame. I was thinking about Belly Drum Unburden Slurpuff recently...

On a somewhat related note, it's kinda depressing how small many Pokemon's egg movepools are this gen and/or how much smaller they are compared to previous gens. It seems like a lot of Pokemon lost around half their egg movepool. Swinub has seven egg moves this gen, but had thirteen last gen, for example. Marill had twenty egg moves in gen VII, but only nine this gen. Even more extreme is Lickitung, which has four egg moves this gen, while it had thirteen last gen. I know egg moves have a minimal effect on players, but as someone who likes to breed Pokemon, it's sad that egg move variety has shrunken quite a bit.

Dang, that's a shame. I was thinking about Belly Drum Unburden Slurpuff recently...

On a somewhat related note, it's kinda depressing how small many Pokemon's egg movepools are this gen and/or how much smaller they are compared to previous gens. It seems like a lot of Pokemon lost around half their egg movepool. Swinub has seven egg moves this gen, but had thirteen last gen, for example. Marill had twenty egg moves in gen VII, but only nine this gen. Even more extreme is Lickitung, which has four egg moves this gen, while it had thirteen last gen. I know egg moves have a minimal effect on players, but as someone who likes to breed Pokemon, it's sad that egg move variety has shrunken quite a bit.
Yeah probably figured they had to compensate for the new TM/TR system

marill had 20 egg moves?

1594870023485.png

let's see what changed...

- body slam is a TR
- superpower is a TR
- muddy water is a TR
- amnesia is a TR
- future sight is a TR

i guess the rest personally doesn't matter, imo. i'm happier with the smaller egg lists, because it's so much less of a pain in the ass to breed dragon dance ttar (if i ever need to) or if i ever want to, close combat for arcanine. it makes life so much easier to just... teach it to my pokemon via a TR? idk, that's just me, though. i personally don't mind breeding egg moves, especially since it has gotten easier this gen, but preferably i'd like to keep it to a minimum and i think this gen did particularly well with that for the most part.

Last edited:
Spoiler Embargo Lift
Hey all! Important thing:

For those of you who saw the notice regarding the spoiler embargo, you might be aware that we the SwSh staff have placed a month-long spoiler embargo to be respectful to those wishing to avoid spoilers in regards to the Isle of Armor. That said, as of this post, the embargo will be expiring tomorrow, July 17th, 2020. This means any further information about Isle of Armor will no longer be considered as spoilers. To be considerate to your fellow posters who may not have had time yet to complete the Isle of Armor, we still encourage the use of spoiler tags, but this is no longer necessary.

To be clear: this embargo lift only applies to Isle of Armor. Crown Tundra spoilers are not allowed and are required to be in spoiler tags.

Thanks for reading, and as always, feel free to shoot any of us PM if you have any questions/concerns!

- SwSh staff

I don’t know how this only just occurred to me but...... how do the Slowpoke sometimes wander into the trains (as per the expansion pass prelude that was added a while before the expansion pass was released) when the train station on the IoA is actually a Corviknight can station?

I don’t know how this only just occurred to me but...... how do the Slowpoke sometimes wander into the trains (as per the expansion pass prelude that was added a while before the expansion pass was released) when the train station on the IoA is actually a Corviknight can station?

I guess it might've wandered onto the cab and then onto the train after landing

It learns Teleport by TM in LGPE. Clearly, a trainer caught one on the IoA, took it to Kanto, and then released it back into the wild. It's totally not a minor oversight on GF's part. Honest.

Last edited:
For further context on what @colours is referring to, here's a tweet from a notable dataminer:

I remember speculating about this with someone a while back; cool to know that it is indeed true. My Maractus will love this.

So in total, the Crown Tundra update seems like it will add 17 new items:

With the "Crownite" Ore, Galarica "Crown," and now the HA Capsule identified, that just leaves a bunch of key items. We can probably assume that there will be a Crown Pass and a second Style Card, but I wonder about the rest. Stuff for storyline/Legendaries, most likely? Maybe a new Charm as a reward for completing the CT Dex, but what else is there to boost?

Last edited:
Given the fact that all legendaries are returning, maybe some of those new Key Items are for them? At this point, we can only speculate what those Key Items really are. After all, is it really possible for Primal Reversion to return when Mega Evolutions didn't?

Given the fact that all legendaries are returning, maybe some of those new Key Items are for them? At this point, we can only speculate what those Key Items really are. After all, is it really possible for Primal Reversion to return when Mega Evolutions didn't?

Well, all of the existing Legendary key items (Zygarde Cube, Blue/Red Orbs, Rainbow Wing etc. etc.) already have IDs before the new 1590-1606 bunch, so these would have to be all-new things. Strictly speaking, the Primal Orbs (and all Mega Stones for that matter) are still coded intp the game, even though the mechanics themselves aren't, and the items simply aren't ever made available to us. But as for the new stuff, like, maybe four of them are like, keys for opening the Regi tombs, for example. Otherwise-useless embellishments that are just there for story progression.

Hidden Ability capsule, fuck yes. Breeding finally dead boys. We did it, breeding is no more!

Hidden Ability capsule, fuck yes. Breeding finally dead boys. We did it, breeding is no more!
Eh, people said the same thing about bottle caps last gen and yet breeding is still viable. I can’t imagine HA capsules will be easy to obtain—I figure they will mostly be used for shiny or legendary Pokémon that lack their HA. Also, to my understanding this is exclusive to Crown Tundra, no? This means that folks without the expansion pass won’t have access to HA capsules unless they trade for them.

Also, to my understanding this is exclusive to Crown Tundra, no? This means that folks without the expansion pass won’t have access

depends on how it’s acquired - if it’s a reward from raids then it’ll be available to people with the expansion, people with NSO subscription and people who have friends locally with the expansion pass.

depends on how it’s acquired - if it’s a reward from raids then it’ll be available to people with the expansion, people with NSO subscription and people who have friends locally with the expansion pass.

Plus I don't think there's any reason to assume it's not holdable + tradeable. The regular one is. So really you'd just need the most recent game update and someone willing to give you one.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom