• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

The hidden capsules and Gmax soup really should have been in the base game. I really hope they release a SWSH complete edition with all the pokemon to win people like me back but, they don't want me back

While I don't think they need to release a complete version of SwSh, I do agree they shouldn't lock quality of life upgrades behind a paywall. Perhaps they could add some features into the base game that would allow people with the DLC to access these improvements.

For the Gmax soup maybe they could do a weekly event where Honey and Mustard visit mainland Galar (kind of like ow NPCs from the main game visit the Isle of Armor) and for a price of watts you can ask them to make a bowl of Gmax Soup for one of your Pokemon, or they could have GMax mushrooms start spawning in the Wild Area and you give those to use instead of a payment. Either way, it would be a way for people who do not have the DLC to use this feature.

While I don't think they need to release a complete version of SwSh, I do agree they shouldn't lock quality of life upgrades behind a paywall. Perhaps they could add some features into the base game that would allow people with the DLC to access these improvements.

For the Gmax soup maybe they could do a weekly event where Honey and Mustard visit mainland Galar (kind of like ow NPCs from the main game visit the Isle of Armor) and for a price of watts you can ask them to make a bowl of Gmax Soup for one of your Pokemon, or they could have GMax mushrooms start spawning in the Wild Area and you give those to use instead of a payment. Either way, it would be a way for people who do not have the DLC to use this feature.

i personally really like this idea but i feel like it'd renders most of the point of IoA useless, aside from the pokemon themselves (which can be traded to people who don't have the DLC anyway, which... i guess makes having the DLC kinda moot).

i personally really like this idea but i feel like it'd renders most of the point of IoA useless, aside from the pokemon themselves (which can be traded to people who don't have the DLC anyway, which... i guess makes having the DLC kinda moot).

While I do agree somewhat, I still think the IoA offers enough of its own stuff to still have a point. The story, while kind of short, still adds a few hours to the game, and it adds a whole new area with an abundance of items and a great way to get watts that the main game just does not offer. It also adds the ability to directly catch more old Pokemon as you mentioned, and the ability to run around with your Pokemon in the overworld (then again, these are features that I just tend to focus on more when it comes to Pokemon games so they might not be as big for other people ).

Last edited:
While I do agree somewhat, I still think the IoA offers enough of its own stuff to still have a point. The story, while kind of short, still adds a few hours to the game, and it adds a whole new area with an abundance of items and a great way to get watts that the main game just does not offer. It also adds the ability to directly catch more old Pokemon as you mentioned, and the ability to run around with your Pokemon in the overworld (then again, these are features that I just tend to focus on more when it comes to Pokemon games so they might not be as big for other people ).
The Pokémon following you should also be available outside the IoA.
Also, the following Pokémon should've been better. Falinks going down on a flat of stairs is terrifying

The Pokémon following you should also be available outside the IoA.
Also, the following Pokémon should've been better. Falinks going down on a flat of stairs is terrifying
Falinks case is what happens when you forget to make them move at different paces. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Falinks is just one model and not six.

@Treble's Knight What's wrong with complete editions? Is it unfair to a kid from the 80's that I got all the NES Megaman games for $13? I think all DLC should be immortalized via physical cartridges. I'm willing to wait for 2022 for it.

Does anyone expect any new multiplayer modes in Crown Tundra?

On a different note from the main topic, I don't understand why, of all the moves that were taken out in the Great Disable, Kinesis is the only one that was reinstated in The Isle of Armor. Like, the more I look over and think about the moves that were taken out, the more I can kinda see why those ones would have been candidates for removal. But taking out Kinesis... just to bring it back?

You might say it's because the Abra line was brought back... but so were Cubone and Porygon, and yet, Bone Club and Sharpen are still gone. So I dunno about that theory, unless it were really crucial to Alakazam's battling niche, but... it isn't. Kinesis is shit. It's a worse version of Sand Attack. Honestly, what does having it really do for Alakazam that's so significant that they felt it needed to be reimplemented? Sometimes, Game Freak, I swear... I don't even know what to think.

I think it's a fair compromise. People who bought the DLC can go and cook Max Soup whenever they want, while non-DLC players would have to wait for a specific day each week. The "exclusive" appeal is no longer the feature itself, but rather, convenient and unlimited access to it. Like paying extra for ad-free.

So Crown Tundra is the final part? Have characters who did not appear in the Isle of Armor appear there. I am hoping for The King to make a appearance.

He wandered to the Crown Tundra.

Still working my way through Restricted Sparring, I'm about half-way through all the types (Rock has been the most difficult so far). Been really pushing to get it done in the last few days, but it's really fun. I want more of these types of challenges!

Will this item be able to change a Hidden Ability to another ability in the case if we don’t want a Pokémon to have its Hidden Ability such as Gastrodon and Toxtricity?

breeding can still afect stats...

google:

Can you use an ability capsule to get a hidden ability?
It can only be used outside of battle. It is consumed after use. The Ability Capsule canonly be used on a Pokémon that belongs to a species that has two standard Abilities. ... It also cannot be used to change a Pokémon to or from its species's Hidden Ability.

Can you use an ability capsule to get a hidden ability?
It can only be used outside of battle. It is consumed after use. The Ability Capsule canonly be used on a Pokémon that belongs to a species that has two standard Abilities. ... It also cannot be used to change a Pokémon to or from its species's Hidden Ability.
The Ability Capsule is not the same thing as the Hidden Ability Capsule.

The hidden capsules and Gmax soup really should have been in the base game. I really hope they release a SWSH complete edition with all the pokemon to win people like me back but, they don't want me back
I can only really see a complete edition coming if they decide to terminate the Eshop, which considering that came from 3DS and Wii U, it’s probably not being terminated. Regardless, that would only happen at the end of the Switch’s lifespan.

Crown Tundra Spoiler:
There is a new ability capsule that will change ur ability to hidden ability very much different to the current one

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom