• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

It may not be so bad. You use Rental Pokémon for the Dynamax Adventures and the movesets on them seem like they don't suck as much ass.

My understanding is that DLC bundle packs are fairly common? It's not really lying, it's just a convenient holiday option for parents and late purchasers and people who like physical copies. It's all the same content we've gotten through the DLC patches.

The problem is though: They said the DLC would replace third versions.
Releasing a physical bundle of the games with the DLC included, is basically a third version, since it adds something new to the game, just like previous third versions did, since you don't need to pay for the DLC in the physical bundle.

Releasing a physical bundle of the games with the DLC included, is basically a third version, since it adds something new to the game, just like previous third versions did, since you don't need to pay for the DLC in the physical bundle.

There's a pretty obvious difference though, which is that you are only paying extra for the strictly new content, not the reused content. Third versions being physical was never really the issue, the issue was that so much of them was identical to the game you bought before but they cost the same price.

It may not be so bad. You use Rental Pokémon for the Dynamax Adventures and the movesets on them seem like they don't suck as much ass.
That also means I can't bring in my level 100 Zacian though, so it could well be a wash, especially since the AI is traditionally so awful.
Look at that rental Flareon. You know the AI is gonna spam Baby Doll Eyes while the shield is up.

Find Legendary Pokémon during your travels in the Crown Tundra or while you’re on Dynamax Adventures, and you’ll have a chance to catch them!
Does that mean you may not need to do Raids to get old Legendarys, or is this just referring to the new ones?

Star Tournament just doesn't interest me as the big post-game thing, sadly, since I hate multibattles.

I don't think there was anything here that I didn't already know, but it did manage to renew some interest for me. Things have been so crazy and things have been so quiet in terms of Pokemon news that I hadn't been thinking about it much lately. I didn't care too much about the whole tournament thing before, but actually seeing it in action with all the new dialogue and stuff does make me excited for it. Always wanted to see Hop and Leon team up and/or battle each other.

The den adventures do look pretty fun. I've actually really enjoyed max raid battles online, so looking forward to more co-op play honestly.

Was nice to see a bit more of the Crown Tundra itself, the place looks beautiful. I'll probably enjoy exploring that even more than I did the Isle of Armor.

This tournament thing is postgame. So Leon should be chairman and had the Battle Tower outfit. He looks amazing in any outfit though.

You also have to consider 10-15 years from now when Nintendo no longer supports the e shop on the switch there will be no other way for people buying sword and shield to get the dlc content. Also people who can't afford internet to get on the e shop in the first place.

Welp, not even Galarian Slowking.
Actually, Galarian Slowking was shown in two blink-and-you’ll-miss it shots.

They're quite large and low quality because they’re phones screenshots so just be aware.
92D1976A-73CE-4828-B222-3E7BD850CD4D.png

40EA0046-17FD-41C6-A9C4-6E4DE5FABEED.png

There's also "Endless Dynamax Adventures" according to the site, where you press on and on until you lose.

Does that mean you may not need to do Raids to get old Legendarys, or is this just referring to the new ones?

Just the new ones + the classic Regis I would think.

Also the musketeers don't seem to be related to Dynamax Adventures

This tournament thing is postgame. So Leon should be chairman and had the Battle Tower outfit. He looks amazing in any outfit though.

Tbf he still wears his traditional outfit even now when you rematch him in Wyndon singles tournaments. I think the Battle Tower getup is just for the Battle Tower.

It really is Poison/Psychic

Figured it would be I'm sure that there have been that completely change types on evolution but generally they like to keep a line the same type or just add a secondary type.

i7kQlLq.png

It's still early enough that at the time of this post, the website isn't updated yet, but it does seem that Shellder's the one in control.

...Well, if there's one thing that was worthwhile about this stream (barely); it was the neat little music video.
I like the witch/shaman concept, the eyes not so much. Imo they could be larger and spaced out further, or removed altogether.

I like the witch/shaman concept, the eyes not so much. Imo they could be larger and spaced out further, or removed altogether.
I think it would look best with no eyes or, alternatively, the gemstone in the middle becomes a fusion of the eye and the rock. Right now it looks awkward with the eyes so close together, and the purple circle looks garish and out of place, especially since it doesn’t fade from purple to grey (the purple on the horns looks cool though).

Honestly, it’s a real shame about the eyes considering they ruin a pretty neat design otherwise.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom