• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

It has to drop the same time worldwide, looking at the windows for different time zones I think they’ve picked a pretty fair slot.

I will be waking up and possibly playing Crown Tundra (it will be between 1000 Friday morning and 1500 Friday afternoon here in Melbourne - I am in UTC+1100 by the way). Best way to convert times is Time Zone Map for everyone out there.

Last-second prediction: a while back I mentioned that thing about how Hyde seems to tease that he's working on a more efficient way to produce Apricorn Balls so maybe they'll be regular rewards for competing in the Galarian Star Tournament. Mustard seemed to know about the plans in advance at the end of IOA so maybe he tasked Hyde with coming up with a cool reward system (and this could also be seen as an upgrade of the current reward system for the Champion tournaments which can very rarely distribute Apricorn Balls)

What is Arceus even doing there? None of the event legends are in SwSh!

What is Arceus even doing there? None of the event legends are in SwSh!

A few of them actually are, but more to the point, that's just a very early placeholder title screen so you probably shouldn't read into it too much. Plus, those are all Pokémon from previous generations, which makes one wonder where many of the new Pokémon are in terms of finalization.

The ROM that's been leaking has several Pokémon that didn't make the final cut (but as I understand it, only a small handful of Pokémon in total), but that doesn't mean those Pokémon were actually ready for proper implementation. These are just development builds used for testing.

A few of them actually are, but more to the point, that's just a very early placeholder title screen so you probably shouldn't read into it too much. Plus, those are all Pokémon from previous generations, which makes one wonder where many of the new Pokémon are in terms of finalization.

The ROM that's been leaking has several Pokémon that didn't make the final cut (but as I understand it, only a small handful of Pokémon in total), but that doesn't mean those Pokémon were actually ready for proper implementation. These are just development builds used for testing.

Do you mind telling us where we can take a look?

While organizing my boxes to get ready to import some of my older Pokemon into SwSh tonight, I found out that a lot of the legendaries signature moves are listed as unusable. So Origin pulse? Gone. Oblivion wing? Gone? Dragon ascent? Gone. Dammit Gamefreak.

While organizing my boxes to get ready to import some of my older Pokemon into SwSh tonight, I found out that a lot of the legendaries signature moves are listed as unusable. So Origin pulse? Gone. Oblivion wing? Gone? Dragon ascent? Gone. Dammit Gamefreak.

Maybe they will be back after the update.

Maybe they will be back after the update.

They will be restored, just as the likes of Accelerock and Shadow Bone were when the Pokémon that those moves belong to were re-added in the Isle of Armor. We've already seen Yveltal using Oblivion Wing in one of the trailers, along with Lugia using Aeroblast, Groudon using Precipice Blades, and Giratina using Shadow Force.

A lot of the moves that are "inaccessible" are not truly inaccessible in the same way as Return, Hidden Power, Bubble, etc., which have their effects completely removed and their description text replaced with an standard insistence on deletion. If you look at this list, the moves that have a red X next to them will be restored if/when the Pokémon that use that move is brought back. If there is a green ✓, then they might not be restored (although they did fully restore Kinesis, which was one of these moves, when they brought back the Abra family in IOA).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom