• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Is it just me or are the mint items more common in the Crown Tundra than anywhere else? I must have picked up about 6 or 7 of them since starting yesterday.

So I've finished the DLC and I got to say, props to GameFreak. I really like it. It's a good DLC.

The Legendary quests are great. I also like that the Legendaries aren't that easy to catch in terms of catch rate and that you need to do additional actions to get to them.

The atmosphere in the Tundra is great. The Wild Area in the Isle of Armor was already very good but Tundra added to it.

Calyrex possessing Peony. I don't need to say more, I think. Peony in general is great.

Dynamax Adventures is a really fun game mode and it's doable really well with just the AI. Can't wait to play this with my friends.

The new cutscenes are amazing. Calyrex mounting his loyal steed, the birds fighting and Zapdos staring back at you as if you just entered the wrong neighbourhood. Bless.

Small nitpicks: the map not showing where exactly you are in the area is a bit annoying for some parts of this Wild Area like when there's thick fog. I got lost multiple times and the map just makes use of a "You are in this area right now" and not "You are here in this specific area".

A bit of a shame it also doens't really introduce new battle-able trainers, BUT the DLC was mostly geared towards exploring so in that light I can definitely understand it and don't really mind it too much. Just stings a bit that we never battle Sonia while we know she took the Gym Challenge.

No changes to the existing team rosters. We got new Pokémon added in that could be put on those teams but sadly none. Bit of a bummer.

All in all, props to GameFreak. I enjoyed the DLC and I think if they can keep this level of quality up consistently, things will be looking up for them again in terms of critique. (If they also patch up their PR handling and stuff of course.)

I cant seem to get Poipole what am i doing wrong.

Serebii says "After you have successfully completed 15 Dynamax Adventures battles and have started the Ultra Beast story, a Poipole will appear in the Max Lair. This Poipole was found when the Ultra Wormholes opened up but keeps getting away from the leader of the Dynamax Adventures. She requests you take care of it."

I completed the UB part, got the green tick and everything, I did 15 battles in the lair. Nothing. So I did 15 completions all the way to the end. Nothing.
One time I chose Marshtomp over Rayquaza so thought maybe that counted as a fail, went and did another, so 16 in total. Still nothing.

I have all 15 legends I caught from DA's in a box so it's not like I'm miscounting. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
I cant seem to get Poipole what am i doing wrong.

Serebii says "After you have successfully completed 15 Dynamax Adventures battles and have started the Ultra Beast story, a Poipole will appear in the Max Lair. This Poipole was found when the Ultra Wormholes opened up but keeps getting away from the leader of the Dynamax Adventures. She requests you take care of it."

I completed the UB part, got the green tick and everything, I did 15 battles in the lair. Nothing. So I did 15 completions all the way to the end. Nothing.
One time I chose Marshtomp over Rayquaza so thought maybe that counted as a fail, went and did another, so 16 in total. Still nothing.

I have all 15 legends I caught from DA's in a box so it's not like I'm miscounting. What am I doing wrong?

It's a gift Pokémon, not a Pokémon that appears catchable in the lair.

It's a gift Pokémon, not a Pokémon that appears catchable in the lair.

Yes I know, and its not appearing. In the screenshot its by the board. Nope not there.
The description says speak to the leader, she just offers me another adventure.

Now got 17 Legends + 18 completions. Was supposed to be gifted to me after 15

I was talking to Nia, and I couldn't help but notice she mentioned something about a long-haired woman being spotted by a grave in the tundra at night, seemingly looking for something.

The datamine text seems to reveal that it is an encounter with Oleana, though I haven't worked out the activation trigger.

I don't think I'm even close to being done enough to get to the Star Tournament, which is kinda sad since I was looking forward to it. I've caught the Regis and Zapdos, but the birds have been such a struggle for me, mainly Articuno... I've been too disheartened to even try chasing Moltres on the island. I love what they've done with the roaming in the overworld thing, and it's definitely a nice challenge, but I don't think roamers will ever be my thing... which kinda sucks when catching them is literally part of the main missions.

I guess some early thoughts on the stuff I have completed, at least:
-Love the area, especially love the little town. Small as it is, it being in the WA-style where you can actually control the camera is pretty cool.
-I haven't done any Dynamax Adventures outside the tutorial yet, but they were fun the one time I did, and they do look really fun with other people. Using rentals was surprisingly fun, and the AI didn't seem too bad. I was worried it would be busted, but thankfully the mons don't have shields and whatnot. That would definitely be a bit too much.
-It looks like I'm the only one here, but I don't really like Peony much, not sure why. Might just be the overly excited, overbearing clingy father thing. Calyrex constantly taking over his body is pretty funny. I did kinda like Nia though.
-The place is huge and fun to explore for sure, but it is a bit of a struggle with the map not telling you exactly where you are and having to guess based on landmarks you see and whatnot. That's the main reason I'm lost half the time.
-While it's understandable, I did notice that I didn't really have a lot of actual battles during the story. Like... Peony, Calyrex, the horse, Calyrex again... so not much in the way of regular battles. They weren't kidding when they said it was mainly about exploration.
-While I love the exploring and going out to unlock/find the legendaries, I don't miss those catch rates. I don't really find throwing ultra balls for 10 minutes straight fun. It's especially bad in the case of the birds where just catching them in the overworld is a struggle. I don't really blame the game for that, that's just my personal problem, but still.
-I really liked the story with Calyrex. I actually really felt for the poor thing, getting forgotten by the people and losing its power and its horse. I actually really wanted to help it. And yeah, actually taking over Peony and talking to you also helped. Enjoyed it more than the Kubfu arc in the IOA.
-I cringed when I saw the footprints/Diglett of CT quest, but collecting them hasn't been nearly as bad as expected.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts once I actually catch everything I need to and whatnot. All in all it's really good, definitely worth the wait. Maybe a little overwhelming with just how much I need to do and catch compared to the IOA, but that's fine. I think I'm just not used to being basically required to do these legendary quests.

Now got 18 legends, 19 completions and still no sign of Poipole.
I showed every legend I caught, all 18 to Peony and he made funny comments. Still nothing.
Keep coming out and in again, changing the day using the raid den method, nothing.
Bought a Beast Ball as the page on Serebii shows it in 1 so thought maybe you need it, no nothing.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

At this rate I will run out of Legends before I'm gifted Poipole, only got Groudon, Dialga, Zygarde, and 1 of the Tapus left to find, plus about 4 or 5 UBs

I don't think I'm even close to being done enough to get to the Star Tournament, which is kinda sad since I was looking forward to it. I've caught the Regis and Zapdos, but the birds have been such a struggle for me, mainly Articuno... I've been too disheartened to even try chasing Moltres on the island. I love what they've done with the roaming in the overworld thing, and it's definitely a nice challenge, but I don't think roamers will ever be my thing... which kinda sucks when catching them is literally part of the main missions.

Unless you want to find out for yourself, don't open the spoiler cause it's hints how to get to Moltres fast.

Mount your bike in the overworld. Fly Taxi to the Isle of Armor station. Immediately dash your way towards the first tower (Water Tower) and wait in front of the tower. Since you're ahead of its path, Moltres will hover mid-air. Once you approach it it will attack you.

Has anyone noticed some cutscenes don't seem to play? I started the legendary bird quest, but there was supposedly a cutscene showing the birds fighting before running off, and my game didn't show that. It just immediately cut to Peony calling me, and I hear Articuno's cries, but that's it. I don't even have the skip movies options set to off, either.

Has anyone noticed some cutscenes don't seem to play? I started the legendary bird quest, but there was supposedly a cutscene showing the birds fighting before running off, and my game didn't show that. It just immediately cut to Peony calling me, and I hear Articuno's cries, but that's it. I don't even have the skip movies options set to off, either.
Maybe that's a glitch? I don't have the games yet, so I can only guess what might be happening.

This didn't happen to me, but I've checked at least two YouTube uploads of the Galarian Legendary Birds' cutscene; some comments for both also note that the cutscene somehow didn't trigger at all for them.

Weird.

Unless you want to find out for yourself, don't open the spoiler cause it's hints how to get to Moltres fast.

Mount your bike in the overworld. Fly Taxi to the Isle of Armor station. Immediately dash your way towards the first tower (Water Tower) and wait in front of the tower. Since you're ahead of its path, Moltres will hover mid-air. Once you approach it it will attack you.

For me, I got it by flying to the Master Dojo and then quickly biking over to the entrance of the Soothing Wetlands. Not sure if that’d be any easier or what

Gamefreak - Lets call the legendary Birds - Freezer, Thunder and Fire
Also Gamefreak - Lets take away the sole reason why they are called that way, hence the name not making sense anymore.

Not really any different than Alolan Sandshrew no longer pertaining to sand, although the Galarian birds’ characteristic traits still reference their original powers. Articuno’s glare freezes you in your tracks, Zapdos is swift as lightning and its kicks make a booming sound as loud as thunder, and Moltres radiates a burning dark aura. Hence the names of their signature moves - Freezing Glare, Thunderous Kick, and Fiery Wrath.

Is there an easier way to get Beast Balls (or the Dynite Ore needed to buy it)? 150 is an absurd price for something that you'll most likely want/need in Dynamax Adventures, and I just used the one I got from the Ball Guy on a Guzzlord.

I really loved the Calyrex story!

Giving a Pokemon dialogue, for the first time ever in the core series, was such a neat idea. It was very reminiscent of the Pokemon movies where Ash and his friends befriend a talking Pokemon and help it out. The game does a great job here at making you feel emotionally invested in a legendary Pokemon, and thus making the capture of it feel rewarding, much like Black/White and Sun/Moon did with their mascots. I particularly like the part when Calyrex speaks to you from inside its Poke Ball just after you catch it.

I'd definitely be up for seeing more talking legendary Pokemon in the future. I actually wish they'd have done something like this with Zacian and Zamazenta.

ElF22j7UcAA4_Ff

MagicMarky07 (Twitter)

Just as I'd hoped, Trevenant can now be caught in the wild! I found one wandering around near the graveyard.

Does anyone know if there's a character in the Crown Tundra who gives you daily Pokedex entries, like Hop does on the Isle of Armor? I have a hunch that Sonia will do this, but I haven't got that far yet.

Last edited:
Is there an easier way to get Beast Balls (or the Dynite Ore needed to buy it)? 150 is an absurd price for something that you'll most likely want/need in Dynamax Adventures, and I just used the one I got from the Ball Guy on a Guzzlord.

Apparently you can get more Dynite Ore than usual through the Endless Dynamax Adventures mode, though I don't know how much more specifically.

You get a free Beast Ball for completing the fourth mission (i.e., for showing Peony a Necrozma caught in DA), but other than that, it seems the only way to get more is through Championship tournaments, which is very unlikely to give them. I guess they're getting the same artificial rarity treatment as Apricorn Balls (although on a similar note, Dream Balls can now be dropped from rare Delibird raids in the Crown Tundra - previously they were a 1-per-save gift from Ball Guy).

Although... have you claimed the Beast Ball you get just for beating the game? I ask because you mention that you got yours from Ball Guy, so it might be worth going to Stow-on-Side and speaking to the daily wares seller on the right, if you haven't already. If indeed you haven't, then that + the one from Peony are two more you can count on, at least.

Unrelated, but I'm looking at the price list, and my word 50 Dynite Ore for an Ability Capsule is hilariously overpriced when you can farm them from the Cram-o-matic like it's nothing

And who would trade even just 2 Dynite Ore for some measly Dynamax Candy??

Does anyone know if there's a character in the Crown Tundra who gives you daily Pokedex entries, like Hop does on the Isle of Armor? I have a hunch that Sonia will do this, but I haven't got that far yet.

Oddly, there don't seem to be any of those teleporting Watt trade NPCs in the Tundra. As to your hunch, Sonia just goes back to her lab once the three Swords of Justice have been caught, so it definitely ain't her.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom