• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

My only issue with the new regis is that they don't really make sense.

First of all they break the whole trio thing Pokemon's always had going on. Second of all, the original regis are made of materials that could conceivably make a golem (ice, steel, and rock).

So what are these things!
According to the website, regidragon is an orb of dragon energy, like how in alchemy,fluorite is used to imprison negative uncontrollable psychic energy, and the second being trapped in a device by ancient people, both were trapped for spreading havoc
Source: HDvee's computer google translate
Which is some interesting lore? And unfortunatly hinting for sinnoh remakes, which for ME are a bad sign cuz I hate sinnoh

The multibattle thing is called the "Galarian Star Tournament" and is unlocked in Crown Tundra. I guess that's the new "after you finished both" challenge they mentioned.

Having replayed Platinum recently and gone through the multibattles with Barry as a partner my excitement for this mode is somewhere in the negatives.

I like how the concept of the Galarian Legendary Birds is based on mutation through bird migration. They retain some of their old attributes in theory: Articuno's Psychic powers can freeze its foes in places, Zapdos' kicks are like lightning strikes from the sky and Moltres' dark aura inflicts heavy fatigue that feels like the body is burning. On top of that, their Abilities are incredible competitively. I'm sold :D

Sinnoh tie-in, perhaps?
Wouldn't surprise me if Regigigas gets a new form in the gen 4 remakes. Maybe a "Fully Awaken" form when you have all five when you capture it.
Most likely. I was just thinking that Eleci/Drago were probably locked away in Galar to limit Regigigas before the trio were sealed. I'm guessing its lore will be rewritten to accommodate them.

So, some new-old 'mons include:
- Relicanth
- Aron/Lairon/Aggron
- Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
- Absol
- Tauros
- Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
- Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
- Staryu/Starmie
- Skrelp/Dragalge
- Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
- Tangela/Tangrowth
- Emolga
- Scyther/Scizor
- Druddigon
- Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
- Exeggcute/Exeggcutor
- Kangaskhan
- Bouffalant
- Mienfoo/Mienshao
- Swablu/Altaria
- Fomantis/Lurantis
Updated the above list. Didn't see anything else in the trailer, except for legendaries.

According to the description, Regigigas didn't complete Regidrago as crystals ran out, so the Regidrago we see is apparently just the head. But that's just folklore according to the same description.

Looks like the English website got updated too (there is an English trailer, it just looks like the same one though).

Interesting things I noted:

• It looks like the Crown Tundra guy is a man named Peony and he came there with his daughter who has yet to be introduced (who knows if she will be).
  • The Cramorant Machine is an item machine of sorts, called the Cram-o-matic. If you put four items into it, it recycles them and gives you a new item like Pokeballs or PP ups. There are even some rare items in there.

Might add more as I find them, for now I'm going back to sleep.

Also, that kind of looks like a Pokemon on Peony's hat, but it's probably just some logo of sorts.

Cram-O-Matic. I wonder if Clemont made that thing and named it.

Science is sooooo amazing.
tumblr_p9w6o49nTw1vzam17o1_400.png

Druddigon!! :cool:

And weren’t the trios related to the Ice, Stone, and Bronze/Iron age, or was that a fan theory?

At the end of the day, most Pokémon "origins" are just fan speculation or deduction, since the artists at Game Freak only rarely tell us their direct inspiration for any given design.

Regielikie's Signature move is Thunder Cage and its OP.
Galarian Articuno's move: Freezing Glare. It shoots a beam from its eyes. The X-Men called, they want to have Cyclops's ability back.

2 Moves i have Kubfu seen using in the trailer: Rock Smash and Iron Head.

We can also have bike costumazation (Not only for the bike, but also for the character, as it uses a full fledged suit and helmet).

I think we also have seen the leaked Steel Roller and Misty Explosion move.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom