• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Well, the good news is that the Starters with HA are available now. The annoying part of it is that you can only get them via the mobile app and send them via Mystery Gift to HOME. God, I HATE it when they pull something like that. I had no choice but to download the mobile app and after seven failed attempts to link my account I was FINALLY able to get them, along with the HA Bulbasaur and the reward for completing the National Dex (I don't remember how to spell its name). But, God, I hate smart phones and apps for them, as I feel smart phones and their apps are garbage, and I REALLY hate when you need a damn app to get anything good for a related system. Couldn't they have just released it on the Switch instead of the mobile app like the Pikachu was? But, whatever, what's done is done, but I really hate it when you need the smart phone app to get something special for another system.

Well, the good news is that the Starters with HA are available now. The annoying part of it is that you can only get them via the mobile app and send them via Mystery Gift to HOME. God, I HATE it when they pull something like that. I had no choice but to download the mobile app and after seven failed attempts to link my account I was FINALLY able to get them, along with the HA Bulbasaur and the reward for completing the National Dex (I don't remember how to spell its name). But, God, I hate smart phones and apps for them, as I feel smart phones and their apps are garbage, and I REALLY hate when you need a damn app to get anything good for a related system. Couldn't they have just released it on the Switch instead of the mobile app like the Pikachu was? But, whatever, what's done is done, but I really hate it when you need the smart phone app to get something special for another system.

If I recall, didn't they do something like this with Celebi for Pocket Monsters Crystal?

It's really just more money grabs to "support" Pokemon. Well, let's see how successful this program is. Not sure if the mobile app can be put on the Switch and have the app and the game in one place to get these DLCs.

If I recall, didn't they do something like this with Celebi for Pocket Monsters Crystal?

It's really just more money grabs to "support" Pokemon. Well, let's see how successful this program is. Not sure if the mobile app can be put on the Switch and have the app and the game in one place to get these DLCs.
Unless I’m mistaken, I think they’re referring to Pokémon Pass which A) is free and B) has nothing to do with the DLCs. While a bit foolhardy and inconvenient, I don’t see how requiring players to use a free app to get a mystery gift that could easily be gifted in HOME is a money grab.

I'm so excited. All of the new content looks great. I love the Galarian forms of the Legendary Birds. It's funny becasue I like them in the order of Zapdos>Moltres>Articuno, which is the reverse of my prefrences for their original versions. I like how their special moves are in some way reminence of their original types, like Articuno's causing freezing.

I love the lore behind the new Regis. I think I like Regidrago more design wise, but I think Regieleki's move is more interesting to me.

Galarlian Slowbro is so adorable :bulbaLove: I love how it uses the Shellder on it's arm as a weapon. The new move sounds useful as well.

G-Max Blastoise is a king, I adore how it's just a mess of canons. G-Max Venasaur is a cutie tho. He looks like he has a flower bowl cut.

I still like both Urshifu forms, but Rapid Strike is growing on me more. The water type probably helps. The G-Max forms are nice as well, though I'm bummed Rapid Strike is my least favorite color while Single Strike is a color I'd prefer. It makes total sense, I know, but I'm still bummed.

I'm curious about the Cram-o-matic and what kinds of items we'll be able to make.

I'm very exicted for the Galarian Star Tournament with the Crown Tundra. I love being able to team up with major characters. Can't wait to battle with my son Allister :bulbaLove:

Lastly, I'm so excited Isle of Armor releases on the 17th. I thought it would be further out. I can't wait to play this!

Looks like the English website got updated too (there is an English trailer, it just looks like the same one though).

Interesting things I noted:

• It looks like the Crown Tundra guy is a man named Peony and he came there with his daughter who has yet to be introduced (who knows if she will be).
  • The Cramorant Machine is an item machine of sorts, called the Cram-o-matic. If you put four items into it, it recycles them and gives you a new item like Pokeballs or PP ups. There are even some rare items in there.

Might add more as I find them, for now I'm going back to sleep.

Also, that kind of looks like a Pokemon on Peony's hat, but it's probably just some logo of sorts.
seem maybe should follow foreshadow new Pokemon or just a hat?

Are you fucking kidding me? We HAVE TO USE THE FUCKING APP THAT'S STILL NOT AVAILABLE IN SWITZERLAND

You can buy it on the E-shop though???
1591119452818.png

Honestly I am so excited for the DLC, much more than I was for the base game.
I really do love all the Galarian forms, the birds and Slowbro, and I love the returning pokemon and at least it looks a little bit better graphics wise?
I am very hyped and so happy that we don't have to wait until the end of the month for it to be released.

"Regisdrago" is such a bland name. The design is not that bad though. My rain based team will welcome Politoed and Kingdra. If I'm not mistaken, we can see Dragalge in the trailer, so it's fair to think that Clauncher and Clawitzer will appear too.

Last edited:
Bad app distribution aside, I have a theory that there may be a galarian Magmortar and Electivire. Not much evidence, mostly speculation. The chances for sinnoh remakes in 2021 are high, which is where the original forms are from. Also in the trailer they show the "ultimate challenge", in which all pokemon are fully evolved - all but magmar, which seems odd. So maybe they didn't want to show magmortar because it's getting a galarian form, which would make an electivire almost necessary. Fire/Ground and Electric/Fighting maybe?

Bad app distribution aside, I have a theory that there may be a galarian Magmortar and Electivire. Not much evidence, mostly speculation. The chances for sinnoh remakes in 2021 are high, which is where the original forms are from. Also in the trailer they show the "ultimate challenge", in which all pokemon are fully evolved - all but magmar, which seems odd. So maybe they didn't want to show magmortar because it's getting a galarian form, which would make an electivire almost necessary. Fire/Ground and Electric/Fighting maybe?
Don't think so, at least for Electivire. Both Sandshrew and Vulpix got regional forms, but neither Ekans nor Growlithe got one.

I've said this before but I'm gonna do the same thing Ash dies and box my team sans my starter before going to the Isle of Armour. Likewise with Crown Tundra.
I have the max curry for the last dinner with my party before going through another journey,the dinner will be right outside my house in Postwick, and I know I'm not emotionally ready for this.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom