• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I think the legendary birds will lend themselves to their own version of the Delta Episode. Has anyone noticed how the birds look quite literally darker than their Kanto counterparts? They’re something that almost look like fanmade Shadow Versions.

The categories of Articuno and Moltres are also “Cruel” and “Malevolent” and Zapdos is fond of destruction. There’s also a cutscene (?) in the trailer that shows them fighting against each other. I think the hints about a sinister legendary bird plot are pretty clear.

Mega stone looks like marbles besides it is very odd to have a marble just lying down there and if you look closely it looks animated like the galarian meowth and unlike the house which looks real
Well, yeah, it makes sense that it'd look animated, because it's a feature of the game. The marble is lying at Meowth's feet because it just brought it to the door, like a cat leaving a dead mouse.

First of all, the website is talking about multiple galarian variants in both dlcs, so just Slwobro would be weird (unless they count Slowpoke I guess, but that'd be weird)

What you call "weird," I call "classic lawyer move."

Second of all, did the home datamine include any abilities? I don't remember seeing quick draw, Transistor or Dragon's Maw on there.

It did not.

Third, these are the leaked moves:
  • Expanding Force
  • Steel Roller
  • Scale Shot
  • Meteor Beam
  • Shell Side Arm
  • Misty Explosion
  • Grassy Glide
  • Rising Voltage
  • Terrain Pulse,
  • Skitter Smack
  • Burning Jealousy
  • Lash Out
  • Poltergeist
  • Corrosive Gas
  • Coaching
  • Flip Turn
  • Triple Axel
  • Dual Wingbeat
  • Scorching Sands
  • Jungle Healing
  • Wicked Blow
  • Surging Strikes
I think I striked out all of the ones we already know, but there are still so many moves that could be related to s galarian form. Also this list seems to be just moves introduced in the isle of armor, since Thunder Cage and Dragon Energy aren't even in there.

Fairly sure we also see Steel Roller in the trailer, though we can't tell what's using it.

Still, here's the thing - one of the things they've touted as a feature of The Isle of Armor is new tutor moves, including all-new moves. And tutor moves implies non-exclusivity. So a lot of those listed above are probably some of those new tutor moves, with only a handful of them being new signature moves. Four of which we know - Shell Side Arm for Slowbro, Jungle Healing for Zarude, and Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes for Urshifu, which incidentally leaves 18 other moves. One new move for each type, perhaps?

Just my estimation...

Normal - Terrain Pulse (speculated to be like Weather Ball but for terrains, and Weather Ball is Normal-type by default)
Fire - Burning Jealousy
Water - Flip Turn (wasn't there sort of a water pun here?)
Grass - Grassy Glide
Electric - Rising Voltage
Ice - Triple Axel
Fighting - Coaching
Poison - Corrosive Gas
Ground - Scorching Sands
Flying - Dual Wingbeat
Psychic - Expanding Force
Bug - Skitter Smack
Rock - Meteor Beam
Ghost - Poltergeist
Dragon - Scale Shot
Dark - Lash Out
Steel - Steel Roller
Fairy - Misty Explosion

So I really don't get where the negative attitude is coming from tbh

I wouldn't really call it "negative" so much as "cautious." Obviously more regional forms would be cool, but you can't say that Slowpoke and Slowbro being the only ones for TIOA isn't a distinct possibility. Lots of people thought that USUM would definitely add a few more Alola forms, after all, but it very much did not - what we saw is what we got.

List of Pokemon unavailable for transfer from Home after DLCs

Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Paras
Parasect
Unown
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Stantler
Smeargle
Plusle
Minun
Gulpin
Swalot
Spinda
Zangoose
Castform
Kecleon
Tropius
Chimecho
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Chatot
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Alomomola
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Clawitzer
Clauncher

Pseudo-confirms what we suspected - Gen 4 remakes soon. Seems they currently have no idea how to re-implement Unown.

It makes absolutely zero sense to have Seviper in the game without Zangoose and to have the Devil - Giratina - without God - Arceus.

I also doubt they will include all starters, except for the gen 4 ones.

Unless Spoink gets a Galarian Form, it makes no sense to include Spoink, but not Clamperl - Spoink wears a pearl produced by Clamperl on top of its head, which amplifies its psychic powers. And every previous game that has Spoink, also had Clamperl.

Dragalge is confirmed. Why would they exclude Clauncher and Clawitzer if every other counterpart makes it in (Except for the already mentioned Zangoose and Arceus, who make no sense being excluded due to their ties to the mons).

I'm sure lugia appeared in the MMO legendary den feature in-game

I don’t actually think that there will be a Galarian Lugia but standard Lugia being in the raids and Galarian Lugia being part of the story wouldn’t be impossible. :p

Like I say, I don’t actually expect it but Eternatus wasn’t revealed before the release of the game and that’s a main lore and story legendary for the game. It could be that they want to include a surprise in the story of CT

But the original games didn't have a artwork about the whole game, the expansions are closer to the delta episode in that regard, and it's like the delta episode artwork not having Zinnia ,rayquaza or deoxys.

I wonder if the removed Pokemon moves will return through the 2 DLCs (in the patches complimenting the 2 DLCs to be specific).

But the original games didn't have a artwork about the whole game, the expansions are closer to the delta episode in that regard, and it's like the delta episode artwork not having Zinnia ,rayquaza or deoxys.

I disagree, particularly when talking about CT content as it’s still several months away and we’ve seen that the whole marketing for Sword and Shield in general has been to reveal as little as possible.

I wouldn’t say anything is possible but there’s still a lot of scope for what might or might not be included in CT and it does seem the birds are likely part of the story focus

and to have the Devil - Giratina - without God - Arceus.

Both ORAS and USUM would disagree. Arceus and Giratina are not a duo, and the “god/devil” relationship is an interpretation that fans put undue emphasis on. Giratina has always been much more overtly framed as an equal sibling of Dialga and Palkia. Space and time make matter, and Giratina balances that as antimatter.

Sw/Sh shows that other traditional pairings can be separated, as well.

Where's Beedrill? Lilligant?

Regarding the datamined moves: the ones for the regis have obviously not been datamined, because the background data for the Crown Tundra hasn't been revealed yet. We do know all the moves and items coming in the Isle of Armor. 18 of them are most likely the tutor moves; One for every type. The other ones have been located (G. Slowbro' signature move, Urshifu's signature moves). The items don't show anything special, either.

So, our only 'chance' for a mysterious new Galarian form, apart from Slowking, is the Crown Tundra. But even then it would be highly unlikely.

I really don't know why yall think a tutor move for EVERY type is more plausible than more galarian forms, but I guess we'll see.
Because those tutor moves have already been datamined and all have some sort of distinct feeling (type) to them. We also know of exactly 18 of them, if we exclude the known signature moves.

That can't be a coincidence.

Hm I guess I see your point, although I don't agree with it. If there are like lets say 4 new galarian mons with their own signature moves, the number of tutor would be totally different, to me this could very much be a coincidence. Also a lot of galarian/alolan forms "just" got new abilities and not moves, which weren't datamined. I personally see more points speaking for more galarian forms than against them tbh

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom