• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

The starters do get pretty criticised due the complete humanoid character.
I've seen some stuff about bad proportions on Chewtle and Blipbug, but designs like Dragapult and Toxtricity are really well received (they’re also my favourites).
My headcanon for that one is that it was a rendering mistake, and the creator went "yes... that's exactly how I wanted it to look like!" I still perceive the image as squashed or something, but I don't hate it.

Hey friends, let’s maybe get back to the topic of the expansion pass here. There’s a thread for the topic of gen 8 designs here (just be sure to use spoilers if you discuss the expansion).

Anyways, this is a good segue into the question of how much influence JT had on the DLC himself. He did a terrific job at the mainland of Galar, I’m hoping that continues.

Scizor was confirmed for IoA, so I'm down for whatever at this point lol.
Maybe all of the starters? Would be nice to have my boy Greninja with me.
Only down side is that I'll miss being able to pet and hand feed the Pokemon I haven't transferred over.

I'd certainly like to see the starters come back for the first set, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Others I'd like to see but don't necessarily expect:
*Buizel (used one in my recent Platinum replay, fell in love with the line)
*Tailow
*Meditite

Okay, which Pokémon do you guys want to see in the Isle of Armor?
Considering that my single Pokémon HOME box has become full of Pokémon that I can't transfer to Galar, I'd say I'd like to see every single locked Pokémon, i.e. Pokémon that cannot be transferred from HOME to SwSh or LGPE, that I own return in the Isle of Armor.

I really want Aipom line and Unova monkey trio lines - mainly because I really want to play through Shield with a monkey based team.

Other than that I want Dratini line back in, miss the cute dragons!

As others have said - all the starters really should return, starters are generally the Pokémon that most people get most attached to (for the obvious reason of being their first Pokémon) so really I feel like they all should have been in the games code to begin with.

given CT will have a strong focus on the Legendaries I’m not expecting many returning legendaries in IoA but any of the mythical that can’t yet be bought in would be good - Magearna in particular given the original colour Magearna that is available on Home.

- Hot Take -
I don't like any of the legendary or mythical pokemon. I never use them, i never catch them ( except it is obligatory ). I don't like the concept of using legendary pokemon. Before i play the games, i grew up with the anime. And in anime, only bad guys catch the legendary pokemon ( except Tobias i think ). So i feel bad while using a legendary. And you must have heard all the jokes about 10 years old kid catching the creator of the land or lord of the time. This harms the lore soooo bad for me. I think all legendary pokemon should stay as story elements like eternatus eternamax form. We shouldn't able to catch them or use them in normal battles. I get mad when i learnt almost all of them returning in crown tundra. If dex-it is permanent i hope they won't include ANY in gen 9, except brand new ones.
- End of Hot Take -

- Hot Take -
I don't like any of the legendary or mythical pokemon. I never use them, i never catch them ( except it is obligatory ). I don't like the concept of using legendary pokemon. Before i play the games, i grew up with the anime. And in anime, only bad guys catch the legendary pokemon ( except Tobias i think ). So i feel bad while using a legendary. And you must have heard all the jokes about 10 years old kid catching the creator of the land or lord of the time. This harms the lore soooo bad for me. I think all legendary pokemon should stay as story elements like eternatus eternamax form. We shouldn't able to catch them or use them in normal battles. I get mad when i learnt almost all of them returning in crown tundra. If dex-it is permanent i hope they won't include ANY in gen 9, except brand new ones.
- End of Hot Take -
I don't like to use legendaries. I just catch them. That's fine for me.

Making them uncatchable would be meh as well.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom