• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

From the wording they used, the DLC only replaces the Third versions.

I'm just saying now that they've gone in this direction, the possibility of Sinnoh being an expansion rather than a standalone game exists.

Well I think the 200+ Pokemon is between both expansions so it seems like there's going to be a number (around 200?) of old Pokemon that don't get in even with these two expansions.

It just occurred to me I don't think they said it was 200+ old Pokemon returning, just 200+ Pokemon not obtainable in the Galar region.

So we could be getting some new Pokemon as well. (I mean besides the new ones they just revealed)

Man, now I'm mad I leveled up my original Shield team to level 100. And of course NOW they wanna give us Apricrons. I would have preferred them from the start, just saying!

But this still sounds like it'll be cool. I mean, LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE NEW CLOTHES! I'm so ready for a new look!

Man, now I'm mad I leveled up my original Shield team to level 100. And of course NOW they wanna give us Apricrons. I would have preferred them from the start, just saying!

Me too, slightly, although at the same time I kinda like the prospect of developing a second team from the ground-up, especially since my existing team is so heavy on older Pokémon.

Me too, slightly, although at the same time I kinda like the prospect of developing a second team from the ground-up, especially since my existing team is so heavy on older Pokémon.

I'm probably just gonna use my original team. I couldn't imagine continuing my Galar journey without them. But I'm certain it'll still be fun. It's not too big a deal.

I was just annoyed because I originally wasn't going to level them to 100, until that Delibird Max Raid Event :LOL:

GameFreak really got me more excited for paid DLC than a "new game"/ third version. I'm way more excited than I was for USUM. Genuinely did not expect them to go this route, but it looks really fun so far. The returning Pokemon is just a bonus for me, I'm more looking forward to the new characters, areas, and story and whatnot. It seems you can still get the Pokemon even if you don't pay for the DLC though, which was a good move.

Heck I'm excited. Looks like they really are trying new things. I wish some of these things like the starter G-maxes were in from the start, but I'll take it.

This is seriously a great step in the right direction. Compared to the third versions, I think this DLC adds a lot more content for a smaller price than a slightly tweaked version of the same game. Of course everyone would've liked to have access to all the Pokémon from the start, but it's not like they were put behind a paywall. For the people still complaining, it is likely that any missing Pokémon remaining after the expansion pass will be patched in when the new games (hopefully DP remakes) are released, or even in the upcoming free updates.

This ''A certain person'' could be Cynthia since she is an archaeologist, plus her house is yet to be found. Perhaps linking to the Gen 4 Remake next year. Or... the Gen 4 Remake is the two expansions for Sword and Shield. But after last year, I shouldn't get my hopes up for what to get.

From one clip of the new clothing, the masks, it looks as if there may be a Proper evil Team in the Galar Reagion within the Crown Tundra

From the clothing, it looks as if Team Flare is coming back in the Crown Tundra Expansion Pack. Perhaps trying to harness the powers of Calyrex.
Not necessarily? It’s a red exploration gear simply. You can even masquerade around as Ghetsis if you want.

@RetroPokeFan Could you maybe quote my initial post on this thread on the OP/Add a thread mark for visibility on the basics of the pass?

I'm curious about the new Regis and Bird Trio. Are they gonna be Galarian Forms, Gigantamax or a whole new thing. (Altho if it's Gmax there should be the cloudy thing above their heads)

I'm curious about the new Regis and Bird Trio. Are they gonna be Galarian Forms, Gigantamax or a whole new thing. (Altho if it's Gmax there should be the cloudy thing above their heads)
The Legendary Birds are most likely Galarian forms, but the Regis might be new Pokemon altogether as they have completely different body shapes than the current Regis.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom