• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Let's just be glad that Pokemon is starting to move in the right direction again.

My thoughts exactly. When the expansions are all said and done, we could very well we above platinum/BW2 levels of content. Even these two dlc's together bring Sw/Sh up to par (content wise) with those games.

It sucks that we have to pay extra for them, but that's just capitalism at play. pretty much every major gaming franchise charges for additional content now

Tbh, I'm probably going to wait to buy this pass since it's probably going to cost more than 30$ for me and that is absolutely riduculous. I'll wait and see if it is worth it, since I really don't want to spend 30+ dollars on something that may very well be worth 5 hours of gameplay *at worst.

They still should have said from the start that the Pokemon not in the base game would be added later as free dlc, the fact that they let this dexit crap go on for so long without quelling the rage of the complainers is mind-boggling to me.

I mean there was a time when we thought legendaries that could evolve was a ridiculous idea.

I see no reason why we couldn't have regional legendaries.
The legendary birds aren’t really common enough to evolve the Darwinian way... and I guess I have lingering doubts since Serebii's the only source mentioning it so far, with nothing officially stated at the direct and nothing updated at the official websites.

They could easily make the old regions available in expansion passes instead of creating a new $60 game. It would be easier to develop that way.
By that logic they might as well never create a new mainline game again until the next console is released and just keep updating Sw/Sh.

My thoughts exactly. When the expansions are all said and done, we could very well we above platinum/BW2 levels of content. Even these two dlc's together bring Sw/Sh up to par (content wise) with those games.

It sucks that we have to pay extra for them, but that's just capitalism at play. pretty much every major gaming franchise charges for additional content now

And they've at least got the basic decency to not charge people to patch the 200 old Pokémon into the base SwoShi, even if they don't buy the packs. Plus, everyone gets a free Galarian Slowpoke, too.

Personally I find 30$ for both packs simultaneously to be pretty reasonable, but that's just me

No wonder I didn't notice this thread appearing in "Pokémon Video Games". It was here, in a place I haven't watched yet. I guess I can remove the thread I created there.
Or I would if I could...

It's here if anyone's interested to post there or delete it:

And they've at least got the basic decency to not charge people to patch the 200 old Pokémon into the base SwoShi, even if they don't buy the packs. Plus, everyone gets a free Galarian Slowpoke, too.

Personally I find 30$ for both packs simultaneously to be pretty reasonable, but that's just me
Same here actually. I know people say "90$ too much for complete experience and all that" and while I will say SwSh could have had more content, they weren't as lacking as I was led to believe. By now I have 70 hours in it and I have had plenty of fun. Many single player games sell for full price which can be completed within 15 hours. For a pokemon experience, I think SwSh were just fine.

Same here actually. I know people say "90$ too much for complete experience and all that" and while I will say SwSh could have had more content, they weren't as lacking as I was led to believe. By now I have 70 hours in it and I have had plenty of fun. Many single player games sell for full price which can be completed within 15 hours. For a pokemon experience, I think SwSh were just fine.

Same, I'm chilling at over 100 hours already which might be the fastest I've ever gotten to that mark and I don't quite feel like I've run out of stuff to do yet. Still collecting Gigantamax forms, still working on the Curry Dex. Still working through the Battle Tower.

GF say that ''The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra are actually two key examples of things they're working on.''

Could this mean there are more DLCs coming out next year?
I think DLCs are the new break year material from now on, which I find is quite an elegant solution, preferable to GameFreak churning out games every year for the sake of it.
I find it better than the third version system, and at least they had the decency to not charge for the 200+ Pokemon added.

If I were to buy the games it’d be probably used (no amount of content is worth anything I would pay to get the console and the game imported).

Will this be our new speculation thread?

What 200+ out of the 400+ Pokemon do we think we will see?

Tbh, it really sounds like this time next year, Sword and Shield will have all Pokemon available through updates.

I guess Gamefreak really did redact that part of their statement last year.

I wonder if the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra will also have new, non legendary Pokemon, new Galarian forms (aside from Slowpoke's line), and their own Pokedexes (as Galarian Slowpoke doesn't have an entry in Mainland Galar's Pokedex)

It took 24 years but they finally understood it was time to get rid of third versions, ah?
They did it in 2012 in a far better way. Is the complete SwSh experience comparable to BW+B2W2? It's more expensive by $10. I am not cutting them slack by using USUM for the comparison instead, and even if I did... At least USUM have 808 Pokemon rather than 600-650, and you could play them without SM.

In the end my question is always the same: why the biggest franchise of all time had the worst marketing campaign ever? Why nobody thought it would have been a smart move to announce the existence of future dlc at e3 last year to (at least) try to calm the storm for dex cut?
They hadn't necessarily finalized this plan back then. They might have been hoping that Dexit would be received better so that they wouldn't have to "compensate" for anything.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom