• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Regigigas
Regispark - Regidrake
Regirock - Regice - Registeel
Here's a likely pyramid of the Regi family.

So far, I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the DLC.

I'm really curious to learn how large the new maps will be. Or if there will be an actual story associated with them or just extra facilities and gubbins with a bit of dialogue and flavor text thrown in. They made it sound like the first one would have some kind of story; like some kind of Orange League thing, which would be cool. It would be the perfect opportunity to show us all of the extra minor league characters.

The second one seems focused on exploration. I hope that means actual cave dungeons with puzzles. They better have more thought put into them than the legendary catch-a thons in the last two gens. Co-op is intriguing, but I'll need more details.

Sadly, I realize it could all still disappoint. The thing that worries me is that it says it can be accessed once you get to the wild area. I mean, I guess they could let you roam around and catch Pokemon and Mustard would say something like, "Come back once you've beaten the Champ, champ", but it could also mean that he's just an extra battle facility that let's you learn rare moves and the map is another empty plot of land with more Max Raid dens.

If it's the latter, I hope the Restricted Sparring is really interesting. One of my favorite facilities was the one from Gen 4 where you had to pick one species of pokemon and you could pick which type you faced next. And the levels slowly scaled up. It was fun because you could stop at anytime and have multiple of the same species. When I played it, I had several Sandslash, all with different movesets for the different types. I don't know why, but when it says "Give it a try, and give some of your Pokémon that are normally overlooked a chance to shine! " it made me think of this facility. I just want something really different is all. Most all of the other facilities really blend together. That's part of why I actually enjoy Raid Battles a lot.

So far, I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the DLC.

I'm really curious to learn how large the new maps will be. Or if there will be an actual story associated with them or just extra facilities and gubbins with a bit of dialogue and flavor text thrown in. They made it sound like the first one would have some kind of story; like some kind of Orange League thing, which would be cool. It would be the perfect opportunity to show us all of the extra minor league characters.

The second one seems focused on exploration. I hope that means actual cave dungeons with puzzles. They better have more thought put into them than the legendary catch-a thons in the last two gens. Co-op is intriguing, but I'll need more details.

Sadly, I realize it could all still disappoint. The thing that worries me is that it says it can be accessed once you get to the wild area. I mean, I guess they could let you roam around and catch Pokemon and Mustard would say something like, "Come back once you've beaten the Champ, champ", but it could also mean that he's just an extra battle facility that let's you learn rare moves and the map is another empty plot of land with more Max Raid dens.

If it's the latter, I hope the Restricted Sparring is really interesting. One of my favorite facilities was the one from Gen 4 where you had to pick one species of pokemon and you could pick which type you faced next. And the levels slowly scaled up. It was fun because you could stop at anytime and have multiple of the same species. When I played it, I had several Sandslash, all with different movesets for the different types. I don't know why, but when it says "Give it a try, and give some of your Pokémon that are normally overlooked a chance to shine! " it made me think of this facility. I just want something really different is all. Most all of the other facilities really blend together. That's part of why I actually enjoy Raid Battles a lot.
It would be interesting if all the past Champions from each region make their appearance in these DLCs, mostly in The Crown Tundra.

So the Isle of Armor could be focusing on Johto (Dojo setting) and Alola (Island setting), whilst the Crown Tundra on Sinnoh (Ruins and Snowy landscape) and Kalos (Auld Alliance), since the mainland focuses on Kanto (Capital of Japan), Hoenn (Early contact and trading past with Japan) and Unova (Special Relationship).

Last edited:
According to SilphSpectre's research, there are currently 118 returning Pokemon confirmed to be in the Expansion Pass, this counts all the datamined Pokemon and the ones shown on Serebii as well as the ones shown in the Direct.

Last edited:
I wonder how Articyclops, Zapdrio, and Moltredgy will be woven into the story of whatever DLC they'll be released with (I couldn't find a source confirming them for IoA or CT and I can't remember which if it was specified in the Direct), if they'll have a role in the story at all. The Galarian birds give me a futuristic and artificial vibe. I don't want to say that they're like Ultra Beasts, but they do give me that sort of alien/unnatural feel; they seem more fitting in Ultra Megalopolis than Galar in my opinion. This seems to contrast with both DLCs' themes, which come across as sort of ancient/medieval, for a lack of better words. Places where the past is important. The birds don't seem like Pokemon that could naturally exist in either location.
80840968_122811142232925_3959168890904285696_n.jpg
Pokemon-Sword-Shield-Articuno-Form.jpg

Last edited:
To those that dont want to watch the video, here's the list (Names in bold were in the datamine):

• Bulbasaur
  • Ivysaur
  • Venusaur
  • Squirtle
  • Wartortle
  • Blastoise
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidorina
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoran♂
  • Nidorino
  • Nidoking
  • Zubat
  • Golbat
  • Crobat
  • Slowpoke
  • Slowbro
  • Slowking
  • Magnemite
  • Magneton
  • Magnezone
  • Happiny
  • Chansey
  • Blissey
  • Horsea
  • Seadra
  • Kingdra
  • Elekid
  • Electabuzz
  • Electivire
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Azurill
  • Marill
  • Azumarill
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Celebi
  • Spheal
  • Sealeo
  • Walrein
  • Beldum
  • Metang
  • Metagross
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias (yay!)
  • Latios (good!)
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Gible
  • Gabite
  • Garchomp
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Heatran
  • Giratina
  • Cresselia (that completes my top four)
  • Zorua
  • Zoroark
  • Cryogonal
  • Larvesta
  • Volcarona
  • Cobalion
  • Virizion
  • Terrakion
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Landorus
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Fletchling
  • Fletchinder
  • Talonflame
  • Amaura
  • Aurorus
  • Dedenne
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Rowlet
  • Dartrix
  • Decidueye
  • Litten
  • Torracat
  • Incineroar
  • Popplio
  • Brionne
  • Primarina
  • Rockruff
  • Lycanroc
  • Tapu Koko
  • Tapu Lele
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Tapu Fini
  • Cosmog
  • Cosmoem
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Marshadow
  • Zeraora
  • Meltan
  • Melmetal

There are 118 Pokémon there.

So this expansion is probably our third version/sequel to Shield and Sword right? That's a shame 'cause the thought of Pokemon Crown and Armor being actual games would've been neat.

To those that dont want to watch the video, here's the list (Names in bold were in the datamine):

• Bulbasaur
  • Ivysaur
  • Venusaur
  • Squirtle
  • Wartortle
  • Blastoise
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidorina
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoran♂
  • Nidorino
  • Nidoking
  • Zubat
  • Golbat
  • Crobat
  • Slowpoke
  • Slowbro
  • Slowking
  • Magnemite
  • Magneton
  • Magnezone
  • Happiny
  • Chansey
  • Blissey
  • Horsea
  • Seadra
  • Kingdra
  • Elekid
  • Electabuzz
  • Electivire
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Azurill
  • Marill
  • Azumarill
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Celebi
  • Spheal
  • Sealeo
  • Walrein
  • Beldum
  • Metang
  • Metagross
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias (yay!)
  • Latios (good!)
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Gible
  • Gabite
  • Garchomp
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Heatran
  • Giratina
  • Zorua
  • Zoroark
  • Cryogonal
  • Larvesta
  • Volcarona
  • Cobalion
  • Virizion
  • Terrakion
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Landorus
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Fletchling
  • Fletchinder
  • Talonflame
  • Amaura
  • Aurorus
  • Dedenne
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Rowlet
  • Dartrix
  • Decidueye
  • Litten
  • Torracat
  • Incineroar
  • Popplio
  • Brionne
  • Primarina
  • Rockruff
  • Lycanroc
  • Tapu Koko
  • Tapu Lele
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Tapu Fini
  • Cosmog
  • Cosmoem
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Marshadow
  • Zeraora
  • Meltan
  • Melmetal

I'm sure there will be a tad more than that if you count in the Mythicals and Starters. They did say over 200 in all anyway.

You can add the remaining legendaries judging from the Direct, but not necessarily the mythicals. There will probably be 200-250 additions, including the hidden ones in SwSh. Celebi is most likely going to distributed as part of the upcoming movie.

You can add the remaining legendaries judging from the Direct, but not necessarily the mythicals. There will probably be 200-250 additions, including the hidden ones in SwSh. Celebi is most likely going to distributed as part of the upcoming movie.
some like Regigigas, Deoxys, Arceus, Volcanion I can see being in the expansion. Arceus especially since it's move Judgement is in the games code, but not accessible for use.

• Bulbasaur
  • Ivysaur
  • Venusaur
  • Squirtle
  • Wartortle
  • Blastoise
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidorina
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoran♂
  • Nidorino
  • Nidoking
  • Zubat
  • Golbat
  • Crobat
  • Slowpoke
  • Slowbro
  • Slowking
  • Magnemite
  • Magneton
  • Magnezone
  • Happiny
  • Chansey
  • Blissey
  • Horsea
  • Seadra
  • Kingdra
  • Elekid
  • Electabuzz
  • Electivire
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Azurill
  • Marill
  • Azumarill
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Celebi
  • Spheal
  • Sealeo
  • Walrein
  • Beldum
  • Metang
  • Metagross
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias (yay!)
  • Latios (good!)
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Gible
  • Gabite
  • Garchomp
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Heatran
  • Giratina
  • Zorua
  • Zoroark
  • Cryogonal
  • Larvesta
  • Volcarona
  • Cobalion
  • Virizion
  • Terrakion
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Landorus
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Fletchling
  • Fletchinder
  • Talonflame
  • Amaura
  • Aurorus
  • Dedenne
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Rowlet
  • Dartrix
  • Decidueye
  • Litten
  • Torracat
  • Incineroar
  • Popplio
  • Brionne
  • Primarina
  • Rockruff
  • Lycanroc
  • Tapu Koko
  • Tapu Lele
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Tapu Fini
  • Cosmog
  • Cosmoem
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Marshadow
  • Zeraora
  • Meltan
  • Melmetal

It's nice to see familiar faces.

Gen 2 doesn't deserve to be this overshadowed, though :/

It's nice to see familiar faces.

Gen 2 doesn't deserve to be this overshadowed, though :/
Watch us get a Gen 2 G-Max in Crobat… only to have it be surrounded by red Zubats in the same vein as G-Max Corviknight having those energy birds.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom