• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Here are some likely characters we would probably meet in the Minor Leagues on The Isle of Armor

SwordShield
Klara (Poison)Avery (Psychic)
Allister (Ghost)Bea (Fighting)
Melony (Ice)Gordie (Rock)
(Ground)(Flying)
(Bug)(Normal)
(Electric)(Steel)

Here are some likely characters we would probably meet in the Minor Leagues on The Isle of Armor

SwordShield
(Ground)(Flying)
(Bug)(Normal)
(Electric)(Steel)

Neat idea but Klara and Avery arent gym leaders both the direct and website say / imply that they are both training under Mustard as well to one day become a gym leader and have a stadium of their own.

Based on that they arent even minor league.

That said it would be a nice touch to find the minor league leaders during the expansion

Finding bea at the dojo on the isle of armor or allistar hanging around what looks to be a grave yard in the crown tundra seems like a good move on gamefreaks part

SwordShield
(Ground)(Flying)
(Bug)(Normal)
(Electric)(Steel)

If this happens I guess Sandaconda, Snorlax, and Toxtricity will be the main Pokémon for the Ground, Normal, and Electric trainers respectfully (assuming Toxticity isn’t already the main for Klara). Orbeetle can also be the main for Avery.

SwordShield
(Ground)(Flying)
(Bug)(Normal)
(Electric)(Steel)

I think that the Electric-type Gym Leader is none other than Sonia herself.

So they mentioned that you're going to be able to G-Max the starter you began the game with in Isle of Armor, I'm wondering if this is unique to your starters or if they're going to provide a way for Pokemon you've already caught to be able to G-Max. This would be very much appreciated, one of the things that irritates me to no end about G-Max is how ATM the only Pokemon that can G-Max are the ones you catch in Max Raid battles. I was very disappointed to learn that the Corviknight I trained up from the beginning of the game couldn't G-Max, as a native Baltimorean I naturally had to name it Lamar Jackson but unfortunately without the ability to G-Max he doesn't quite live up to the elite standards of his namesake.

I will admit to being disappointed in having to buy two separate DLC passes.
You don't have to buy two passes I believe. I think the $30 covers both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra. Unless you are referring to buying passes for both Sword and Shield in which case you can ignore this part.
This is a new realm for GF, and there is no standard to hold them to.
I disagree here. Just because GameFreak hasn't had DLC before doesn't mean there's no bar for them to clear. The standard has already been set by similar games.

I wonder how Articyclops, Zapdrio, and Moltredgy will be woven into the story of whatever DLC they'll be released with (I couldn't find a source confirming them for IoA or CT and I can't remember which if it was specified in the Direct), if they'll have a role in the story at all. The Galarian birds give me a futuristic and artificial vibe. I don't want to say that they're like Ultra Beasts, but they do give me that sort of alien/unnatural feel; they seem more fitting in Ultra Megalopolis than Galar in my opinion. This seems to contrast with both DLCs' themes, which come across as sort of ancient/medieval, for a lack of better words. Places where the past is important. The birds don't seem like Pokemon that could naturally exist in either location.
80840968_122811142232925_3959168890904285696_n.jpg
Pokemon-Sword-Shield-Articuno-Form.jpg
I would like to see theories about the magical tree and the edgy birbs
What if the Legendary Birds found in the Expansion Pass aren't Galarian forms but rather new alternate forms for them? The Direct didn't specify what they are after all, and the tree does have something to do with them.

Maybe it is possible that Calyrex brought about the tree to attract, and transform, the bird trio into much stronger forms that could protect the region in ways whatever the current strongest local Pokemon could not??

I really hope the birds retain their primary types. As in ice/ electric and fire! As for the secondary type i think they can all be dark or ghost/ fighting/ dark.

I just find it weird they’d called a thing Tundra and have the mascot not be ice type? Unless the deer rabbit thing has a forme with ice!

So they mentioned that you're going to be able to G-Max the starter you began the game with in Isle of Armor, I'm wondering if this is unique to your starters or if they're going to provide a way for Pokemon you've already caught to be able to G-Max. This would be very much appreciated, one of the things that irritates me to no end about G-Max is how ATM the only Pokemon that can G-Max are the ones you catch in Max Raid battles. I was very disappointed to learn that the Corviknight I trained up from the beginning of the game couldn't G-Max, as a native Baltimorean I naturally had to name it Lamar Jackson but unfortunately without the ability to G-Max he doesn't quite live up to the elite standards of his namesake.

Ravens Nation baby!!

To those that dont want to watch the video, here's the list (Names in bold were in the datamine):

• Bulbasaur
  • Ivysaur
  • Venusaur
  • Squirtle
  • Wartortle
  • Blastoise
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidorina
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoran♂
  • Nidorino
  • Nidoking
  • Zubat
  • Golbat
  • Crobat
  • Slowpoke
  • Slowbro
  • Slowking
  • Magnemite
  • Magneton
  • Magnezone
  • Happiny
  • Chansey
  • Blissey
  • Horsea
  • Seadra
  • Kingdra
  • Elekid
  • Electabuzz
  • Electivire
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Azurill
  • Marill
  • Azumarill
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Celebi
  • Spheal
  • Sealeo
  • Walrein
  • Beldum
  • Metang
  • Metagross
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias (yay!)
  • Latios (good!)
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Gible
  • Gabite
  • Garchomp
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Heatran
  • Giratina
  • Cresselia (that completes my top four)
  • Zorua
  • Zoroark
  • Cryogonal
  • Larvesta
  • Volcarona
  • Cobalion
  • Virizion
  • Terrakion
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Landorus
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Fletchling
  • Fletchinder
  • Talonflame
  • Amaura
  • Aurorus
  • Dedenne
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Rowlet
  • Dartrix
  • Decidueye
  • Litten
  • Torracat
  • Incineroar
  • Popplio
  • Brionne
  • Primarina
  • Rockruff
  • Lycanroc
  • Tapu Koko
  • Tapu Lele
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Tapu Fini
  • Cosmog
  • Cosmoem
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Marshadow
  • Zeraora
  • Meltan
  • Melmetal

There are 118 Pokémon there.

Still no Wurmple :cry:

The list is not complete yet as there are at least 82 Pokemon who are yet to be confirmed to appear. I'm guessing most of them will be Kalos for reference and some being Hoenn because of climate.

Unpopular opinion: I hope Jynx comes back. I have been planning for a long time re-using her just to remember how good she was in Stadium.
She would probably appear in the same place as Snorunt in the wild.

I think the only Megas we'll ever get for SwSh will be Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza, which will probably work in the same way as how you can get Ultra Necrozma. Also afterwards they can Dynamax.

I was thinking that since these new regional/form birds still look like they're Ice, Electric and Fire..that probably means they might lose the flying typing. (also Zapdos was standing on its feet in one picture)

I keep thinking Ice/Ghost for Articuno because the colour palette reminds me of ghost form Oricorio.

Fire/Dark seems like a possibility for Moltres.

Zapdos is the hardest to figure out. It looks sorta like a Dark type but Moltres fits Dark better I think. Maybe Zapdos will get the Dragon typing? (or as you said I guess I could see Fighting)

Alternatively maybe they all get Dark as a secondary typing? I could see it for all three designs.
Electric/dragon? Good too. But fighting was never used... Hope they dont pull flying/dark and ghost/flying that would hurt. Moltres with black flames... Fire/dark as counterpart. Rather not faries.

Oh, fuck yes, this solves every issue I ever had with the dex cut! Patching in old Pokemon with no cost!

Not super delighted about the 30$ cost for the DLC, because I find it hard to believe they could really add half a game's worth of content in this, but maybe I'm just being pessimistic! Love that they expanded GMax forms (Ariana gif: It's equality), and they seem like really cool concepts! The new regis look epic, but I'm not super big on the regional forms for the birds, because it seems really weird lore-wise, and I can't get as interested in the designs because of that. New legendaries have cool concepts, but I hate how bulbous that deer is, and the other one looks more like an animated character rather than a Pokemon. I'm very optimistic about this, though, it definitely shows a good future for content expansion!

you still have to pay for switch online or home to get them so there still behind a paywall

I’m not convinced this will replace third versions altogether. We might still see a deluxe/complete edition which bundles the game and DLC into one cartridge.

I do think a lot of this stuff should have been in the base game, especially the 200+ old Pokemon they’re going to add to the Galar dex. I wonder why they didn’t announce that the dex will be expanded via DLC when the Dexit storm was going on. They could even have done something like Pokemon Go, where they release the ‘mons in waves.

Anyway! The DLC is a step in the right direction. I love the new areas they showed off and the new customisation options look great. They introduced new storylines and characters too, which is something I’ve always enjoyed in a Pokemon post-game! Klara in particular interests me because we haven’t had a poison user for a while, although her outfit did make me think she was a fairy user at first...

Finally, they said that the new maps are seamless (like the Wild Area). Hopefully this is a precursor to an entire seamless region next gen.

correct and i hoping for that as i like to to try buy my games complete with little to no DLC as possible but for some games like far cry 5 or assassin creed thats impossible same for COD and BFV

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom