• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I like Urshifu as a concept, but the greenish-yellow snout and claws clash with the rest of the creature's design.

I am really hoping to see the other new Pokemon in the expansion pack. How many new ones do you think we can expect?

After the uproar about USUM and after seeing how third versions/sequels can be well handled with B2W2
B2W2 shouldn't be lumped with the third versions in my opinion. It had enough differences compared to BW to justify the additional $40 while the third versions completely invalidate the games they're based off of.
So far, third versions provide an improvement to game design and graphics. Does these DLC do that? No, they are just an excuse to save some Pkmn only to be selled latter with extra content that most likely should be in the game by launch.
While I agree that some, if not all, of the DLC additions should have been in the base games, I can make the same argument about the improvements of the third versions. At the very least I do not have to pay full price for the DLC.
Of course it does, because GF is late to the DLC party that saw gamers getting furious at certain developers and publishers because of cutting games like cakes and making us pay a big extra for slices in order to have the full cake.
If GameFreak wanted us to "pay a big extra for slices in order to have the full cake" then they would've released the DLC with a $60 third version or made each expansion cost $30.
And just like all the ruckus before launch that didn't translated into poor sales, so too will players fall for it and happily buy these expansion passes. How the Simi trio is so fitting here
Belittling people and their purchasing choices isn't going to help your argument. You want people to listen? Rationally explain your argument rather rant like this.
Also, the legendary birds and the Regis, seriously!? You don't have the imagination to just come up with entirely new Pkmn and lore?
We have no idea if those birds and Regis are actually Galarian variants. I'm pretty certain the Regis are new 'mons, and you can't rule out the possibility that the three birds shown are new 'mons too.

Also, I fail to see how regional variants are not imaginative. It still requires imagination to come up with the form change and a reason for why that changed happened.
Oh yes, of course not, otherwise, poor Meowth wouldn't have been abused like he is in SwSh. :sneaky:
Er, how was Meowth abused in SwSh? I mean, Galarian Meowth's design is downright awful and Perrserker is wasted pontential in my opinion, but I wouldn't count that as abuse.

Last edited:
I'm still reluctant to believe we'll have the full national dex in the end.

I hope we will, obviously.

Wait a tick.

You don't need Nintendo Online to connect locally. All you need is an irl friend who has time, a switch, the game, and the dlc so you can get together with them and trade for your fav pokemon.

I'm still reluctant to believe we'll have the full national dex in the end.

I hope we will, obviously.
I doubt they would have the whole National Dex before another set of Gen 8 games come out. If anything, I see the next set of Gen 8 games to have the rest of the Pokemon.

So i know its way way way to early to ask but when do you think we will get more info. I was looking back at the SwSh trailer pattern and came up empty.

Best guess is The end of February for pokemon day.

So i know its way way way to early to ask but when do you think we will get more info. I was looking back at the SwSh trailer pattern and came up empty.

Best guess is The end of February for pokemon day.
First 1-3 months are usually pretty sparse, there's also less to reveal than with normal titles. The reveal-cycle of Sword/Shield was also very 'uneventful' until the leaks happened.

We're 5 months off before the first release, though. My bet? 2 months of virtually nothing until the end of march; then a bit of information every 2 weeks until launch. Maybe starting with some Galarian forms, returning pokes and some general looks at the area and finishing with stuff like characters and story-choices.

Anyway; don't expect too much just yet. I think they'll stay quiet for a while.

First 1-3 months are usually pretty sparse, there's also less to reveal than with normal titles. The reveal-cycle of Sword/Shield was also very 'uneventful' until the leaks happened.

We're 5 months off before the first release, though. My bet? 2 months of virtually nothing until the end of march; then a bit of information every 2 weeks until launch. Maybe starting with some Galarian forms, returning pokes and some general looks at the area and finishing with stuff like characters and story-choices.

Anyway; don't expect too much just yet. I think they'll stay quiet for a while.

Yeah id say your right

I doubt they would have the whole National Dex before another set of Gen 8 games come out. If anything, I see the next set of Gen 8 games to have the rest of the Pokemon.
Yeah, as long as in the end everything is available in Sw/Sh. I'm betting on D/P remakes in the end of 2021 with even more old Pokémon, but 2 questions remain:

- Will there be more Expansions for Sw/Sh after the initial two?
- If no, will there be free updates after the expansions? One would be needed to make Sw/Sh and the remakes compatible if they've differing amounts of old Pokémon in them.

Do we have to have beaten the game to be able to go to these new areas?
No. It was said in the Direct that we would be able to jump right into them. I'm assuming that we have to at least have access to a train station.

Yeah, as long as in the end everything is available in Sw/Sh. I'm betting on D/P remakes in the end of 2021 with even more old Pokémon, but 2 questions remain:

- Will there be more Expansions for Sw/Sh after the initial two?
- If no, will there be free updates after the expansions? One would be needed to make Sw/Sh and the remakes compatible if they've differing amounts of old Pokémon in them.
I don't see there being more Expansion Passes coming, but I see the D/P remakes becoming compatible with Sw/Sh by updating both games to include each others' data.

I don't see there being more Expansion Passes coming, but I see the D/P remakes becoming compatible with Sw/Sh by updating both games to include each others' data.
Let's hope the dex is complete when the remakes arrive.

By the way, why wouldn't they make another DLC if this one sells well? There's still quite the gap between Crown Tundra and remakes as well as between remakes and future titles.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom