• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

So after playing around in the Wild Area a bit more, I think the game could use a few more QoL improvements. So here's some things I'd like to see added to the Expansion Pass (not sure if anyone of this will actually happen, but I'd definitely like it to be):

-Some sort of DexNav-esque feature that shows us information on the overworld Pokemon. At the very least, I want to be able to see if I've caught a Pokemon before I run up to it and battle it, but they could also bring back similar functions such as seeing natures, IVs, moves or allowing you to scan for Pokemon you've already caught.
-The Dex needs a search function. No way in hell I should be expected to manually sift through 400 (soon to be 600) entries to find what I'm looking for.
- Some type of gliding ability in the Wild Area. I'm sick of standing on the edge of a cliff and being forced to walk all the way around to get to the bottom, you should just be able to drop down from it. Maybe bring back Gliscor and let you use some sort of key item/service allowing you to use it to glide from cliffs. Or if they want something more relevant, maybe Dragapault? Dragapault would be fun to use, maybe they could have a Rotom Rally-esque mini game where you can shoot balloons with Dreepy (one way or another, a Dragapault shooting minigame needs to happen somewhere in this series).

Also, now that I mention it, it's surprising Dragapault doesn't have a G-Max form. Probably a prime candidate to get one in the Expansion Pass.

So after playing around in the Wild Area a bit more, I think the game could use a few more QoL improvements. So here's some things I'd like to see added to the Expansion Pass (not sure if anyone of this will actually happen, but I'd definitely like it to be):

-Some sort of DexNav-esque feature that shows us information on the overworld Pokemon. At the very least, I want to be able to see if I've caught a Pokemon before I run up to it and battle it, but they could also bring back similar functions such as seeing natures, IVs, moves or allowing you to scan for Pokemon you've already caught.
-The Dex needs a search function. No way in hell I should be expected to manually sift through 400 (soon to be 600) entries to find what I'm looking for.
- Some type of gliding ability in the Wild Area. I'm sick of standing on the edge of a cliff and being forced to walk all the way around to get to the bottom, you should just be able to drop down from it. Maybe bring back Gliscor and let you use some sort of key item/service allowing you to use it to glide from cliffs. Or if they want something more relevant, maybe Dragapault? Dragapault would be fun to use, maybe they could have a Rotom Rally-esque mini game where you can shoot balloons with Dreepy (one way or another, a Dragapault shooting minigame needs to happen somewhere in this series).

Also, now that I mention it, it's surprising Dragapault doesn't have a G-Max form. Probably a prime candidate to get one in the Expansion Pass.
I agree the dex should have a search feature, and I have no clue why they didn't include one for this dex when it's kinda been standard for the game since the beginning. I wonder if they just forgot.

At the very least, I want to be able to see if I've caught a Pokemon before I run up to it and battle it
This would be fantastic. As I was trying to complete my Pokedex, I thought of some sort of "heat vision" system that would basically do this because I hated having to open my 'dex up and then sift through all 400 entries if I was near a Pokemon I couldn't remember catching. The background would turn to grey-scale while the Pokemon would glow certain colors depending on if you've never encountered it before, encountered it but don't have it registered in the Pokedex, have it registered in your Pokedex but don't currently have one in your party/box, or have one in your party/box.

Edit: You could even make it so that you can see which Pokemon are too strong for you to catch and/or have some sort of indicator of level.

Last edited:

What it really needs is an option to see if Max Raids have their HA. I had to do 4 Crawdaunt raids before finally getting one with its HA.

The maximum HP should be the boosted one, so Regigigas is unlikely to be a counter to Dynamax. The move doesn't seem to fit the new Regis, either.

not necessary think of it... the maximum hp is its "base" hp and the current is after it gets the Dynamax boost.
Then the attack gains in power instead to lose it. That would be proper math. Because in my opinion thet could use "base" instead of calling it max... also we witnessed other moves to react and count base hp and not the Dynamax one when dealing damage.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

if the Wushu pokemon is in both games bc of different forms and Calryrex is legendary to Crown Tundra then maybe we will get a nother legendary for the Isle of Armor?

Because it somehow doesnt fit in numbers.

Last edited:
I feel like the missing 200+ pokemon will be included in the DP remakes and they will just patch it in SwSh for them to be tradeable... Also with the current number of pokemon revealed is 30 for isle of armor and 77 for crown tundra meaning almost half of the expansion pass pokemon is already

They'll probably add in 20 new Pokemon with the expansions, with some being Regional Evolutions.
This isn’t really “probable” unless you are counting regional forms as new Pokémon. I think Kubfu, Urshifu, Calyrex and _maybe_ a mythical or two added to the data is all we’re getting in terms of brand new Pokémon. Would love to be wrong, though.

This isn’t really “probable” unless you are counting regional forms as new Pokémon. I think Kubfu, Urshifu, Calyrex and _maybe_ a mythical or two added to the data is all we’re getting in terms of brand new Pokémon. Would love to be wrong, though.

Don't forget the two new Regis.

For what it's worth, apparently the 1.1.0 update increased the number of species IDs from 892 to 898.

But I'm not sure how much insight we can really derive from that, since we all originally assumed the two extra slots would = two Mythicals, and that obviously didn't pan out. Although, if the "Galarian" Kanto birds are actually new Pokémon...

1 - Kubfu
2 - Urshifu
3 - Calyrex
4 - Regivolt
5 - Regidrake
6 - Laser Beams Articuno (better names welcome)
7 - Zapdash
8 - Emoltres

Last edited:
But I'm not sure how much insight we can really derive from that, since we all originally assumed the two extra slots would = two Mythicals, and that obviously didn't pan out.
Well, we also didn't know about the expansions, so we couldn't analize it from the point of a game that gets (non-bugfix) updates.

While on the topic of galarian forms

who thinks that the 6 we know of is all we will get ?

And

who thinks there's at most / hopefully there's mabey 10 per expansion ?

I kinda dont see the slowpoke line and the 3 legendary birds being it for the the dlc

The descriptions on the site don't mention new non-legendary Pokémon, by the way. So, I think that rules out regional evolutions as well.

891: Cubfu
892: Urshifu
893: Regispark
894: Regidrake
895: Calyrex

The Legendary Birds could be Regional Varients, and that there could be more new Pokemon on the way, we just have to wait and see.

I hated having to open my 'dex up and then sift through all 400 entries if I was near a Pokemon I couldn't remember catching.

In the meantime, sorting them alphabetically is a decent solution. The Galar Dex is a mess because at intervals its ordered by area and at times it isn't, so the alphabetical order at least puts them in an order where you at least know the Pokémon's position.

Galar Dex: 321 old Pokemon, 80 new Pokemon (890)
IoA Dex: 160 old Pokemon, 40 new Pokemon (910-930)
CD Dex: 160 old Pokemon, 40 new Pokemon (930-950)

Just simple guesses, but worth noting that they will push the dex beyond 900 for new Pokemon.

IoA Dex: 160 old Pokemon, 40 new Pokemon (910-930)
CD Dex: 160 old Pokemon, 40 new Pokemon (930-950)

Love how you went from 20 to 40 after @swiftgallade46 said 20 wasn't probable lol.

I personally don't think we will get any new pokemon but I think there could be up to 10 new regional variants.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom