• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

GameFreak does deserve some constructive criticism here and there (challenge for older players, expoints, graphics of the overworld, etc.), but it's not half a game.
I know this sounds a little too personal,but, when I couldn't care less about the negativity about dexit and the DLC, my sister who knows no shit about gaming as whole ,started showing me some extremely dumb memes that say the same thing ,but even in extremly dumber ways , like saying that BotW expansions are another game added to a full game ,while the SwSh expansions are a 1/4 of a game added to a half game , some are worse ,and when I get very annoyed ,she just keeps asking me for an explanation ,and says that GF(and I'm wondering if she even knows that they make pokemon games) are worse than EA ( and I'm sure that she doesn't what games they ever made ,and doesn't what they do to get money), and she keeps arguing by random meaningless phrases she found on the internet, wich is depressing way more than anything reddit could ever do

I know this sounds a little too personal,but, when I couldn't care less about the negativity about dexit and the DLC, my sister who knows no shit about gaming as whole ,started showing me some extremely dumb memes that say the same thing ,but even in extremly dumber ways , like saying that BotW expansions are another game added to a full game ,while the SwSh expansions are a 1/4 of a game added to a half game , some are worse ,and when I get very annoyed ,she just keeps asking me for an explanation ,and says that GF(and I'm wondering if she even knows that they make pokemon games) are worse than EA ( and I'm sure that she doesn't what games they ever made ,and doesn't what they do to get money), and she keeps arguing by random meaningless phrases she found on the internet, wich is depressing way more than anything reddit could ever do
Exactly. The negative press is everywhere and really only points out the worst bits. Which exist, obviously, but go over all the other good or decent parts.

*sees comparison to EA* At this point "X is like EA" will be the videogame equivalent of Godwin's Law
you lose the argument if you compare something to Hitler, Nazis or other despicable beings].
So the new law would go like this:

"As the length of an online discussion about video games approaches infinity, the probability of something being compared to EA approaches one. Whoever makes this comparison is deemed to have automatically lost the argument."

*sees comparison to EA* At this point "X is like EA" will be the videogame equivalent of Godwin's Law
you lose the argument if you compare something to Hitler, Nazis or other despicable beings].
So the new law would go like this:

"As the length of an online discussion about video games approaches infinity, the probability of something being compared to EA approaches one. Whoever makes this comparison is deemed to have automatically lost the argument."
Oh! And we can call it "Prog Rocker's Law".

I used dollar as a rough standard and yes understand currency values vary depending on location.
But depending on who you ask ask in Canada the game cost 80 Canadian dollars which makes it even worse for some

and you seemed to ignore some what the fact you have to now pay for online trading something that was built into the prior games thus when included makes the cost a wash for the most part

and it not necessarily completely true that "all" games games online require a NSO to use
as there are many games on the switch that use online that don't cost a penny towards NSO to play so basically it Pokemon company especially the nintendo part being unbelievably greedy .

a few examples i have found are
  • Arena of Valor
  • Brawlhalla
  • Dawn of the Breakers
  • Fortnite Battle Royale
  • GetAmped
  • Kitten Squad
  • Onigiri
  • Paladins
  • Smite
  • Warframe
There are of course other Nintendo Switch games that need a consistent internet connection – like Fallout Shelter – you can play without a Nintendo Switch Online subscription. But as far as i know, the games listed above are the only ones you can play online, with or against other people, without a subscription.

and sure most of them are 3rd parties or indies but to me that does not excuse the practice as most of those companies pay Nintendo to make the carts and even the packaging in some cases if i'm not mistaken meaning there making less on the games they release physically than Nintendo does on there as for Nintendo it marked of probably as a business expense

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing i'm sure there were and are some like myself who only bought Nintendo consoles especially the handhelds only for Pokemon for the most part. the only games were merely bonus content

It slipped my mind earlier to reply to this, but I noticed the price of the expansion pack being mentioned again, so...

Most if not all of those games are 'free to play', which means they depend on an entirely different sales model. They're freemium games, so while sure they might not cost anything, you gotta pay up for additional features, which can range from purely cosmetic changes to items that actually give you advantages in gameplay. A quick search indicates that if, for example, you wanted to own _every_ items in Fortnite, you'd have to spend almost 3000 dollars. This was from a post on reddit that was made about a year ago. I also found a thread that said that getting all Brawlhalla items would cost 300 to 400 dollar (depending on what packages you got), which I'm not sure is still accurate as it was four years old. I can't be bothered to do the research for every game, but I doubt they'll be very different. They're all third party software, servers for which are hosted by these third parties, who as such also carry the cost. And most of these aren't exactly small indie companies making little profit either... Obviously Nintendo makes some kind of money on this too, but that's part of business, isn't it? I can't find any numbers on that though, although that doesn't surprise me. And even if Nintendo barely makes any money on Fortnite itself, for example, it can work as a console seller. Fortnite was extremely popular, everyone was playing it (and it's still much played) so giving free access is a wise business decision. As for Epic Games, releasing Fortnite on the switch means they get access to a new audience, who will be enticed to buy the skins and whatever else they offer. So whatever they might have paid to Nintendo is merely an investment.

As for buying a console solely for one game? Again, it's risky. You'd have to be very sure the game will be worth its price plus that of the console as not to feel disappointed. I can't really change anything about that. Again, the Switch, nor the 3DS, nor any of their predecessors are 'Pokemon Playing Machines'...

And I'm not even someone who's inclined to get NSO despite having several games that can benefit from it. What it offers doesn't terribly appeal to me, so I just didn't get it. I also don't know what the costs were for Nintendo for hosting and upkeep of online services in the past and what they are now, so I can't give you a comparison there either. What it does mean however, is that those costs no longer have to be budgeted as part of the cost of making the games, which in an ideal world would mean that there's more budget available for other parts of the game. Mind you, I said in an ideal world.

I meant that it might give people the idea that it has something to do with progressive rock, even with the capitalization.
Tbf, bidoof's law has nothing to do with bidoof either...

only Galarian Slowpoke line or do you see 2 or 3 other lines getting galarian forms or maybe new regular carchable non legendaries?

only Galarian Slowpoke line or do you see 2 or 3 other lines getting galarian forms or maybe new regular carchable non legendaries?

I hope there'll be at least 5-8 lines getting Galarian Form, but realistically speaking, I'm gonna say 1-3 more.

New non-legendary seems pretty unlikely, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

If I wanted to get my hopes up I would suggest that there's a precedent for new unique Pokemon in the DLC since we had Poipole and co. in the Ultra games. But I'm not so sure I want to do that since I'm probably setting myself up for a fall.

It's probably been said a kabillion times already but I'd love to acquire the "original" fossil Pokemon in one of the two DLCs. We don't need every combination...just the four "whole" ones.

Here's how I see it, the other halves of the fossil Pokemon will possibly be found in the Isle of Armor and will incorporate another Cara Liss-like character to have four other incomplete combinations based on the missing opposite halves of the four Galar fossils we have now. Then the Crown Tundra will have someone who can combine the right halves together to create those original fossil Pokemon.

That's how I see it happening in order for there to be at least a new group of fossil Pokemon for both DLCs.

Here's how I see it, the other halves of the fossil Pokemon will possibly be found in the Isle of Armor and will incorporate another Cara Liss-like character to have four other incomplete combinations based on the missing opposite halves of the four Galar fossils we have now.

Hmm, I feel like repeating the same joke again would be kind of pointless. I hope they just give us the correct combinations and that would already make 4 new non-legendary pokemon.

There is no joke! We've gotta kill those things! They shouldn't even be able to live! One of them has it's head upside down! How is it atill alive! They're all eternally suffering!

Except Dracozolt, he looks pretty okay. His body is a bit mismatched with his much larger legs but he could potentially pass as a whole pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom