• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Make that the end of the year. The Crown Tundra hasn't revealed much yet with The Isle of Armor coming out first.
The first one will probably set some sort of pattern, anyway.

Anyway, speculation is different than a whole thought-out scenario with specific new Pokémon. The latter is more like fanfiction to me, yes.

Last edited:
The first one will probably set some sort of pattern, anyway.

Anyway, speculation is different than a whole thought-out scenario with specific new Pokémon. The latter is more like fanfiction to me, yes.
stop calling our speculations ''fanfiction'' when all it is is based on likelihoods to what likely be in the DLCs based on past contents. There's nothing wrong with guessing. To call it fanfic is like what many of the fake leakers are writing right now.

stop calling our speculations ''fanfiction'' when all it is is based on likelihoods to what likely be in the DLCs based on past contents. There's nothing wrong with guessing. To call it fanfic is like what many of the fake leakers are writing right now.
I'm pretty sure you already gave potential names to "potential" new fossils; yeah, that's fanfic to me.

To each their own, of course, but that's not speculation in my dictionary.

They literally did not say that. Which fan-fiction are you reading?
From what I see in the official Pokémon site:

"Many Pokémon that didn’t appear in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield make their homes on the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra. Get ready to meet a lively array of diverse Pokémon, from newly discovered Legendary Pokémon and new regional forms to familiar Pokémon that have been seen living in other regions!"

Read it and I definitely didn't see the words "no new Pokémon except for legendary Pokémon."
New legendaries? Mentioned.
Returning Pokémon? Mentioned.
New Galarian forms? Mentioned.
Nothing about new regulars.
There's no mystery, no hints, no ambiguity... It's just a very clear list of what IS included. Other new species would've been mentioned or teased or even showcased. New legendaries, returning Pokémon and Galarian forms have all been seen in the trailer. Those are the set categories.

I'm sure the sentence would've been different if new non-legendary lines were included, as they've mentioned everything else.

Just to be clear; I would've liked other new Pokémon; I always like more Pokémon. It's just that the information we have kind of kills this idea, as it surely would've been mentioned otherwise OR that sentence on the site would've been worded differently.

Last edited:
Nothing about new regulars.

As far as I'm aware, they've never used language like "regular" but as you mentioned, there's nothing about them (whether there will or will not be any) so I really don't see how you can say conclusively that there won't be any new non-legendary pokemon at all?

Besides, can the properly assembles fossils be considered new? They are already there... I wouldn't call their proper forms new pokemon.

Probably pretty low chances on both accounts. These are both open-world areas like the wild area and the Wild Area only ever had 1 roaming training in it. We may see the same for each of the new areas but I doubt it would be more than 1 if any.

I don’t think the DLC will be benough to have an entirely new major plot with a third evil team.

I don’t think we’re getting any new fossils in the DLC, but I would like to see their lore/backstories expanded upon in a future game.

Id still disagree

Yes these maps are seemless like the wild area but these have something the first doesnt More areas.

" Beaches, Bogs, Forests, Caves and Dunes "

I find it hard to believe for an expansion based around growth they wouldn't put at least some npc's scattered around to aid that growth.

Now that said do i think there will be tons no i dont but i do see at least more than 1 roaming npc like in the first wild area.

haven't you read the rest aside from just that one paragraph?
It validates my point even more, so I'm not sure what you're aiming for:

There's simply no category for non-legendary new Pokémon.

@SerenaToAlola Of course they won't say 'there are no new non-legendary Pokémon' or something. Them not being mentioned, or shown, or hinted (not even barely!) is already 'some' evidence of their apparent exclusion.

It validates my point even more, so I'm not sure what you're aiming for:

There's simply no category for non-legendary new Pokémon.

@SerenaToAlola Of course they won't say 'there are no new non-legendary Pokémon' or something. Them not being mentioned, or shown, or hinted (not even barely!) is already 'some' evidence of their apparent exclusion.
Just because it's not written now doesn't mean it's already concrete.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom