• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Not wanting to pour fuel on a fire but:

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1220030346827370498?s=20

Over 200 New and returning Pokémon hints that there could be new non legendaries/Galar forms. Honestly I don't know what to expect, if we hadn't had the Galarian Slowpoke and (most likely) Galarian Legendary birds revealed I wouldn't even have expected any new Galarian forms.

Personally I don't think there will be much in the way of new Pokémon, but I think it is a possibility.

Who cares about abilities and stats, they're dying. Mr. Fish is so powerful because if you won't kill him he'll kill you and everyone else.

without move , attack stats and speed stats that would be not possible.

what if they could put there mega stones for some with the data?

In competitive battles, Dracovish has become their trump card.

Bolt beak has the same effect and electric is good against flying and water?
Dracozolt and Arctozolt are its natural counters actually if Bolk Beak or Freeze Dry come into play.
Arctozotl can 4x it when Slush Rush and hail are in play.

Hustle and static werent te best choices for abilities for them.

Honestly I don't know what to expect, if we hadn't had the Galarian Slowpoke and (most likely) Galarian Legendary birds revealed I wouldn't even have expected any new Galarian forms.

Personally I don't think there will be much in the way of new Pokémon, but I think it is a possibility.

This couldn't have come at better timing lmfao.

Personally I expect around 8 new regional forms including the three from the Slowpoke-line. I think Stantler should most likely get something. I know they're KANTOmons once more but I'm personally hoping for Psyduck, Seel and Staryu lines to get something. Would love for JOHTOmons to get some regional variations but I don't think many of them would have anything that would fit Galar.

Aside from that, if there are new pokemon, the corrected fossils seem most likely.

At the very most, I can see 2 brand new lines (maybe pseudo-legendaries? I'd be so hyped if we get poison, fairy or bug psuedos) but I would say regional evolutions are more likely then them.

So ranking the possibility of what I'm expecting:
1. Up to 8 new regional forms
2. 4 Corrected fossils
3. Up to 2 Regional evolutions
4. Up to 2 completely brand new pokemon lines

I'm fairly sure we probably will get new mons via regional evos. It kinda has been confirmed we will get new regional variants. There's also of course the new legends that count as the "new" pokemon.
but people are now talking about the possibility of new, non-legendary lines, a la hatterene or wooloo. I don't really expect those tbh. I could def see new evolutions of regional 'mons. Although I'm not sure what exactly the distinction is between form and new 'mon. Obstagoon is obvious, but runerigus is a weird one I think. What makes it distinctively a different pokemon rather than a form compared to cofagrigus? Regardless, the closest I think we'll see to new 'mons is those like obstagoon, runerigus, or mr rime

I know that Lycanroc will be available in Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass, the Isle of Armor. However, it is unknown whether or not Dusk Form Lycanroc will be transferable to or no longer be available in this pass? Why?

I also know that Zygarde will be available in the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, the Crown Tundra. However, it is unknown whether or not Zygarde 10% and Complete Forme will be transferable to or no longer be available in this pass? Why?

All of you Greninja fans will be so happy with Game Freak, Inc. developers if they have confirmed and announced that Greninja will be available in one of the Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Passes. However, it is unknown whether or not Greninja with his Battle Bond ability will be transferable in any of these passes?

Last edited:
I know that Lycanroc will be available in Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass, the Isle of Armor. However, it is unknown whether or not Dusk Form Lycanroc will be transferable to or no longer be available in this pass? Why?

I also know that Zygarde will be available in the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, the Crown Tundra. However, it is unknown whether or not Zygarde 10% and Complete Forme will be transferable to or no longer be available in this pass? Why?

All of you Greninja fans will be so happy with Game Freak, Inc. developers if they have announced that Greninja will be available in one of the Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Passes. However, it is unknown whether or not Greninja with his Battle Bond ability will be transferable in any of these passes?

Please let me know when you've replied, thanks.
1- Possible, considering the only formes that are not in the game are the ones that were linked to past gimmicks (Megas and Ultra Necrozma).

2- Same as above. There's no reason they can't add a lab to one of those areas to manipulate Zygarde.

3- Greninja is not confirmed yet as far as we know, and it wasn't in the datamine so we don't know if the Kalos starters will be in either expansion. On the plus side, that means no Ash-Greninja, which is good for me because even though I like Greninja, I dislike Ash-Greninja because it only was a excuse to not give Ash a mega (and being unnecessary).

I think it would be pretty cool if we got I don't want to get my hopes up high for new Pokemon outside of new regional variants/new legendaries, but I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility. It's very possible they're just are Pokemon that live only in these places that don't live elsewhere in the region, after all, there is the regional variants that solely live there.

I think it would be pretty cool if we got the correct fossil Pokemon, though I have warmed up to the incomplete buddies (except Arctovish. That thing is too creepy).

I also have that tiniest tiny bit of hope (which I know I shouldn't have), that the way to obtain the possible new Eeveelution (if there is going to be one. Again very low chance) is an item or something located in either the Isle or Armor or Crowned Tundra (or both). But I know this possibility is minuscule, so I won't get these hopes up too high.

Last edited:
I also have that tiniest tiny bit of hope (which I know I shouldn't have), that the way to obtain the new Eeveelution is an item or something located in either the Isle or Armor or Crowned Tundra (or both). But I know this possibility is minuscule, so I won't get these hopes up too high.
What new Eeveelution?

1- Possible, considering the only formes that are not in the game are the ones that were linked to past gimmicks (Megas and Ultra Necrozma).

Not to mention that Dusk evolves specifically from Rockruff with their “fourth” ability Own Tempo, and since you can bring Rockruff into Galar as of the Expansion, then theoretically you could bring in ones with Own Tempo. I guess they could bar such Rockruff from entering SwoShi if they felt like it, but it’s just one extra Lycanroc model, so it’s hardly asking a lot to include it.

3- Greninja is not confirmed yet as far as we know, and it wasn't in the datamine so we don't know if the Kalos starters will be in either expansion. On the plus side, that means no Ash-Greninja, which is good for me because even though I like Greninja, I dislike Ash-Greninja because it only was a excuse to not give Ash a mega (and being unnecessary).

I don’t like Ash-Greninja either, but to be fair, it does have its fans. It wouldn’t be very cash money of us to rail against Dexit and then still want things to be excluded out of personal bias. ;)

My minor curiosity is how the handful of Totem Pokémon from USUM will work. Will they just shrink to their normal size (“blah blah there’s less light/life energy/whatever in Galar so the effects faded or something idk”)? Those ones are just a visual size difference (and I guess a slight weight increase) rather than any meaningful divergence of form, and as far as I know, you still can’t even put the USUM-only Totems into Bank at all.

However, keep in mind that just because that something is not in the data currently doesn't mean that it won't be included. Game Freak isn't afraid of including one item out of a group just to enable an old form change to happen. The Ultranecrozium Z can easily be included without other Z-Crystals seeing how the only Arceus plate seen in SWSH is the Pixie Plate due to there not being an alternative Fairy-type boosting item.

Last edited:
My minor curiosity is how the handful of Totem Pokémon from USUM will work. Will they just shrink to their normal size (“blah blah there’s less light/life energy/whatever in Galar so the effects faded or something idk”)? Those ones are just a visual size difference (and I guess a slight weight increase) rather than any meaningful divergence of form, and as far as I know, you still can’t even put the USUM-only Totems into Bank at all.

I think you just answered your own question. You can't transfer the Totem Pokémon out of US/UM so they won't need any explanation in Sword/Shield, no shrinking, no hand waving, they are simply stuck in US/UM games.

Or have I misunderstood your post?

I think you just answered your own question. You can't transfer the Totem Pokémon out of US/UM so they won't need any explanation in Sword/Shield, no shrinking, no hand waving, they are simply stuck in US/UM games.

I think you can put the Totems from regular SM into Bank though.

You can put some of them into Bank, just not the ones that only appeared as Totem bosses in USUM (Araquanid, Marowak, Togedemaru, and Ribombee). Raticate, Gumshoos, Salazzle, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o can all come and go as they please, and you can even bring them into the regular SM games.

Last edited:
Fossil Pokemon are technically on a category of their own, so you can't really call them "normal Pokemon" in the same sense as other non-legendary Pokemon.
That's kind where I fall in this line of discussion. To me, other versions of the fossil Pokémon are pretty much the only other probable brand new species excluding legends.

I could plausibly see maybe 5-10 completely new lines at most. Probably not a lot though. They'd probably focus more on legendaries, Galarian forms/evolutions, and Gigantamax forms.

I think the missing starters will either be included in some patches along the way or in the DP remakes. I just don't see GF leaving out 200 Pokes by the end of gen 8.

You can put some of them into Bank, just not the ones that only appeared as Totem bosses in USUM (Araquanid, Marowak, Togedemaru, and Ribombee). Raticate, Gumshoos, Salazzle, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o can all come and go as they please, and you can even bring them into the regular SM games.

I see, for some reason I thought none of them were Bank compatible - I probably only tried to store one of the Ultra only ones and assumed that it applied to all.

My guess is that either Home won't accept them or it will flash a warning that the Pokémon will become a standard version if transfered

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom