• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Do you reckon we'll get movepool updates? I mean, aside from the new moves they're introducing. Some of the Gen VIII 'mons could absolutely use a little help (I'm looking at you Polteageist, how come you don't even learn Scald?)

I hope we'll see something new sooner rather than later; June isn't really far away and it seems they've plenty to tell us.

Although Sword/Shield's reveal cycle was quite underwhelming, it did show us something almost every month from june or so onwards.

My guess is halfway throughout march, but I hope I'm wrong. I could do with some hype.

I actually hope they take their time with this DLC, the positive reception from fans can encourage Game Freak to do more stuff like this, so I want the DLC to be seen in a positive light because Game Freak would do more DLC instead of third versions.

@Esserise I never rallied against Dexit.

Neither did I, but you don't have to go full #BBND to at least agree that it kinda sucks to have your favorite Pokémon arbitrarily locked out and not knowing when you might get to use it again, yeah? At best, Dexit is/was a necessary evil to get the game out by a certain time, which is an entirely profit-driven concern that doesn't care about anyone's favorites. I certainly wouldn't say that cutting Pokémon is something worth celebrating.

I actually hope they take their time with this DLC, the positive reception from fans can encourage Game Freak to do more stuff like this, so I want the DLC to be seen in a positive light because Game Freak would do more DLC instead of third versions.
They've already announced a rough releasedate, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. Them taking their time shouldn't mean a lacklustre reveal-cycle, in my opinion.

Also, I think more people are positive about it rather than being negative. The reception is better than the Dexit-controversy surrounding the basegames.

I keep seeing references to Landrous in the context of the dlc for some reason.

Just when I managed to reforget it exists.

So I was doing the numbers and if I have everything correct, with the free version of Pokemon Home, and without buying the SwSh expansion Pack, players can still obtain the older Pokemon being added in the DLC with no additional charges. While trading through SwSh does require you to pay for NSO to trade online, Pokemon Home does not. While using the mobile app to trade over GTS, you are able to request Pokemon that you haven't registered in your Home Dex, so any Pokemon. With that, you can request the Pokemon that will be added in the Expansion pass and transfer them into SwSh after obtaining them. You could also trade with friends for this (though you do have to be 16 and older apparently).

So yes, all Pokemon can be obtained in SwSh with no additional costs for you, if you do not wish to pay for the expansion.

So I was doing the numbers and if I have everything correct, with the free version of Pokemon Home, and without buying the SwSh expansion Pack, players can still obtain the older Pokemon being added in the DLC with no additional charges. While trading through SwSh does require you to pay for NSO to trade online, Pokemon Home does not. While using the mobile app to trade over GTS, you are able to request Pokemon that you haven't registered in your Home Dex, so any Pokemon. With that, you can request the Pokemon that will be added in the Expansion pass and transfer them into SwSh after obtaining them. You could also trade with friends for this (though you do have to be 16 and older apparently).

So yes, all Pokemon can be obtained in SwSh with no additional costs for you, if you do not wish to pay for the expansion.
In other words, those people should start spamming starters and/or version opposites (except possibly for the legendaries). This has worked since 2006, trust me.

In other words, those people should start spamming starters and/or version opposites (except possibly for the legendaries). This has worked since 2006, trust me.
True, though I never said it was going to be easy to obtain them this way. Just free lol.

This and catching Ditto has always worked well for me. There are a few others that I've found tend to work well for GTS in the past (like fossils or stuff that's got lower spawn rates) but Starters, version exclusives and Ditto have always been the GTS goldmine for me when trying to fill the dex in the past.

Also think it's a smart move giving the free month of Bank at launch of home, means you could transfer a everything from 3DS back over to Home without having to pay twice.

Do you reckon we'll get movepool updates? I mean, aside from the new moves they're introducing. Some of the Gen VIII 'mons could absolutely use a little help (I'm looking at you Polteageist, how come you don't even learn Scald?)

Here's to hoping. The updated movepools for a lot of Pokémon is what I'm looking forward most.

To be quite honest, I'm glad the GTS isn't limited to the premium plan. It just goes against the social aspect of Pokemon to put a big price on trading. It does kind of suck that you have to pay for the premium plan just to transfer Pokemon from Bank to Home.

I just hope that they ban Mythical Pokemon from trading pools because many people wanted to get one even though most players didn't have Mythical Pokemon to trade. This was especially a problem in Gen 6.

To be quite honest, I'm glad the GTS isn't limited to the premium plan. It just goes against the social aspect of Pokemon to put a big price on trading. It does kind of suck that you have to pay for the premium plan just to transfer Pokemon from Bank to Home.

I just hope that they ban Mythical Pokemon from trading pools because many people wanted to get one even though most players didn't have Mythical Pokemon to trade. This was especially a problem in Gen 6.
Speaking of mythicals and Gen 6.

View: https://twitter.com/gameboy_danny/status/1222217811772301312?s=21

Am I right in thinking that Fateful Encounter Pokémon couldn't (legitimately) be put on GTS? Got a vague memory of trying to offer one and whichever game it was saying no.

If that is the case then my only real issue with the inclusion of Mythicals in the trade pools is that most can't be obtained in a way that makes them GTS compatible to begin with.

Am I right in thinking that Fateful Encounter Pokémon couldn't (legitimately) be put on GTS? Got a vague memory of trying to offer one and whichever game it was saying no.

If that is the case then my only real issue with the inclusion of Mythicals in the trade pools is that most can't be obtained in a way that makes them GTS compatible to begin with.
Any pokemon with special ribbons cannot be traded in gts but somehacker just remove the ribbon so that it could be traded online

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom