• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Managed to find a preorder deal to get the expansion pass for less than £20 (which was basically what I'd told myself I would pay for it) so I've bitten. Now it's just a waiting game.

Managed to find a preorder deal to get the expansion pass for less than £20 (which was basically what I'd told myself I would pay for it) so I've bitten. Now it's just a waiting game.

Oh please hit me up with it. ;)

If it's just the champions rather than at least the gym leaders, then meh. Anyway, I have no idea what symbol you're talking about.

Psyduck is Masuda's favorite and is also a Kanto Pokemon last I checked. Home's pre-release coverage showed many starters other than just the Sinnoh ones; cherry picking is never a good idea. Finally, your personal wishes for the DLC aren't hints.
Watch the Pokemon Direct from January and wit till after they talk about the Crown Tundra. It showcases a black sportswear with gold linings with the Pokemon League Symbol, only with two figures instead of one.

Watch the Pokemon Direct from January and wit till after they talk about the Crown Tundra. It showcases a black sportswear with gold linings with the Pokemon League Symbol, only with two figures instead of one.
However, that might not be it, especially how difficult the World Tournament would be to implement now that they have switched over to using 3D models as opposed to sprites.

However, that might not be it, especially how difficult the World Tournament would be to implement now that they have switched over to using 3D models as opposed to sprites.
not if the whole thing will be like how the Pokemon League functions, having a leaderboard, only instead of having the Gym Leaders, would instead have the Champions. You, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Professor Kukui, Leon. and possibly Red and Blue.

Last edited:
not if the whole thing will be like how the Pokemon League functions, having a leaderboard, only instead of having the Gym Leaders, would instead have the Champions. You, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Professor Kukui, Leon. and possibly Red and Blue.
Even then, it's still no indication of a Sinnoh remake happening. I don't see them being released until 2023.

That actually makes it less likely, because Sinnoh and its Pokemon aren't well known aside from Lucario. They would have to make Sinnoh as iconic as Kanto.
Masuda did hint of Galar last year with him riding on a bus on the left side, plus that Pokemon kids Youtube Channel had for one of it's first videos ''London Bridge''.

Say that I am wrong, and that no remake is ever made, this could be due to us being in the Reiwa Era in Japan, since all that we've seen and known of Pokemon (Pokemon Masters) were all in the Heisei Era. Everything must now be fresh and new, having no connections to the past characters whatsoever. Which I think is a stupid idea if you ask me.

That actually makes it less likely, because Sinnoh and its Pokemon aren't well known aside from Lucario.
I think Sinnoh Pokemon are more well-known than that. Plenty of people seem to be aware of the Sinnoh starters, Luxray, and Staraptor, for example, and Garchomp has reached meme status by virtue of being Cynthia's ace. It's also quite popular as well.

Throughout some threads you have been implying that Sinnoh is obscure and only known in more hardcore Pokemon circles, and I just don't think that is the case. There's plenty of examples of Sinnoh being well-known by casuals and even non-fans. And even if Sinnoh was obscure... it's Pokemon. The game will sell well no matter how obscure the region and its Pokemon is.

Last edited:
I wonder if Pokémon day will give us more info.

I think it will, but probably nothing super big. I think at most we'll see a bit more gameplay of the Isle of Armor, with possibly a new Galarian form in there (Galarian Slowbro maybe). I think they are going to save the bigger reveals for the Isle of the Armor for trailers that are closer to the DLCs release.

I also don't expect to see The Crown Tundra, except for an acknowledgment of it it, since that one isn't coming out till late in the year.

Do we know more new pokémon that will come with the pass?
Also, will they come with a dex of their own?
It's not sure we'll receive new regular Pokémon, nor have there been other mentions of returning Pokémon so far.

But, yes, both areas will have their own +-100 dex.

Masuda did hint of Galar last year with him riding on a bus on the left side, plus that Pokemon kids Youtube Channel had for one of it's first videos ''London Bridge''.
I don’t think every reference or feature of a non-Japan country is a hint at an upcoming region. I think this was coincidence. The UK has always had many Pokémon fans.
Say that I am wrong, and that no remake is ever made, this could be due to us being in the Reiwa Era in Japan, since all that we've seen and known of Pokemon (Pokemon Masters) were all in the Heisei Era. Everything must now be fresh and new, having no connections to the past characters whatsoever. Which I think is a stupid idea if you ask me.
Do you have any substantial reason to believe that eras have any effect whatsoever on the business practices and marketing of Pokémon? If we don’t see DP remakes I’m going to doubt it has anything to do with eras.

Funny thing with the low reveal marketing around Sword and Shield, for the main game it had me looking round the net for any scrap of info I could find, for the DLC it doesn't really bother me if they reveal nothing else now.

HDvee brought up a good point. You know how the recent Home shows that some pokemon are getting new moves? Wouldn't that imply that those pokemon are returning for the DLC?
The starters are interesting because the only group of starters who are left out of the new moves party entirely are the Kalos starters and the Sinnoh starters. With the rest of the starters, one or two of their lines get some sort of new move, indicating that all three members of their trios are going to be available.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom