• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Someone actually hacked into Pokemon Home and found which Pokemon will be coming into Sword and Shield's Expansion Pass via what moves they will learn...
It is completely speculative and unconfirmed.
With this info, it is more than likely that there is a grand total of 300 returning Pokemon in total
They said 200. Maybe we could see slightly more. If it were 300, they would have said 300.

Someone actually hacked into Pokemon Home and found which Pokemon will be coming into Sword and Shield's Expansion Pass via what moves they will learn... By calculating these Pokemon, along with what is listed on the Galar Dex list in Bulbapedia, I've found that there are 262 Pokemon, which will likely include all the Starters, Fossils, Mythicals and Ultra Beasts.

With this info, it is more than likely that there is a grand total of 300 returning Pokemon in total (150 returning Pokemon for each or the Expansion Passes). That's around 734 Pokemon for SwSh in all, with 161 or 158 Pokemon cut from the game. (Number is based on what we know of Gen 8 thus far.)
Hmm, if you're relying on the movepools (how does that work, exactly?), then why are you rounding 262 to 300? The number doesn't need to be round (each area and its Pokedex will probably feature some Pokemon already in Galar) and as said, it has to be under 300 for "over 200" to be a reasonable description.

Someone actually hacked into Pokemon Home and found which Pokemon will be coming into Sword and Shield's Expansion Pass via what moves they will learn... By calculating these Pokemon, along with what is listed on the Galar Dex list in Bulbapedia, I've found that there are 262 Pokemon, which will likely include all the Starters, Fossils, Mythicals and Ultra Beasts.

With this info, it is more than likely that there is a grand total of 300 returning Pokemon in total (150 returning Pokemon for each or the Expansion Passes). That's around 734 Pokemon for SwSh in all, with 161 or 158 Pokemon cut from the game. (Number is based on what we know of Gen 8 thus far.)
If movepool is used as an indication of a Pokemon's inclusion, then it's more likely that the Sinnoh and Kalos starters won't be included since none of those have gotten any movepool updates.

Link to the thread/video or whatsoever for the list of those 260 or so pokes?

Last edited:
If movepool is used as an indication of a Pokemon's inclusion, then it's more likely that the Sinnoh and Kalos starters won't be included since none of those have gotten any movepool updates.
Garchomp, Metagross and Salamence are confirmed and they don’t have the movepool, so it’s just obviously likely that all starters and Mythicals are in at this point.

Garchomp, Metagross and Salamence are confirmed and they don’t have the movepool, so it’s just obviously likely that all starters and Mythicals are in at this point.
That is true. not every confirmed returning mon is getting new moves, but I still think the movepool is a good hint to who's returning. Especially majority of the added moves are TR moves

If the Expansion Passes add all Sinnoh starters and Legendaries that definitely means that DP will not get remade this gen.

I guess i ask this now since we are only a few days away.

What are the chances we will see more about the isle of armor on Pokemon day

I know we get the new mythical reveal but i do wonder if its possible to get a new trailer for the dlc.

If the Expansion Passes add all Sinnoh starters and Legendaries that definitely means that DP will not get remade this gen.
Or that they've stopped caring about remakes and are instead pushing for DLCs from now on.

As quoted from the January Direct: ''The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra areas themselves are actually two key examples of the things we're working on.'' Meaning that more DLCs are what we'll likely get for Gen 8 with the same for Gen 9. We're no longer in the Heisei Era and are now instead in the Reiwa, and this is their way of expressing that new era from the old (Gen 1-7).

Eras still have nothing to do with Pokémon game development, there is 0 evidence for this. That’s like saying American game developers change their schedules/styles based on the current President.

Also, again, Sinnoh remakes will be their own game if/when we get them. And the idea that the entirety of Gen 9 will be relegated to DLC is equally preposterous.

Eras still have nothing to do with Pokémon game development, there is 0 evidence for this. That’s like saying American game developers change their schedules/styles based on the current President.

Also, again, Sinnoh remakes will be their own game if/when we get them. And the idea that the entirety of Gen 9 will be relegated to DLC is equally preposterous.
Godzilla changed a bit when Showa gave way to the Heisei Era. We never saw this happen to Pokemon till now because it started and made for the most part in the Heisei era. Now that this is the Reiwa Era, that means a change of direction. Don't ask me, it's a Japanese thing.

Last edited:
Godzilla changed a bit when Showa gave way to the Heisei Era. We never saw this happen to Pokemon till now because it started and made for the most part in the Heisei era. Now that this is the Reiwa Era, that means a change of direction. Don't ask me, it's a Japanese thing.
Eh, that's just one Japanese franchise. I don't think Pokemon will change with the era just based on one example.

It may surprise you to learn that not everything that’s Japanese has an influence on everything else that is Japanese.

Saying "it’s a Japanese thing" without a source isn’t good if you yourself aren’t Japanese. Again, it’s extremely unlikely and like another user mentioned it’s like US game companies changing schedule depending on the president. I'd request you to not make stuff out of thin air without reputable evidence (specially when another culture is involved).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom