• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Despite its #1 most popularity worldwide as of the Google Pokémon of the Year 2020 event, we don't actually know whether or not Greninja, alongside the the entire Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie evolutionary lines, will make its available comeback as in one of the two Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Passes, whether The Isle of Armor, the Crown Tundra or neither of them. If Game Freak, Inc. announced that Greninja does so, they will make all its fans happier, and if not, they will disappoint them all. But we'll see from those developers, thanks.

Last edited:
Despite its #1 most popularity worldwide as of the Google Pokémon of the Year 2020 event, we don't actually know whether or not Greninja, alongside the the entire Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie evolutionary lines, will make its available comeback as in one of the two Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Passes, whether The Isle of Armor, the Crown Tundra or neither of them. If Game Freak, Inc. announced that Greninja does so, they will make all its fans happier, and if not, they will disappoint them all. But we'll see from those developers, thanks.
We have like 2 years to fill the whole national dex.

If the time it takes to adjust the models and create animations for the Switch is the reason for the Dex cut, I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense to spend an entire year doing exactly that for all of those Legendary Pokémon only to... continue to have them be unusable in the games.
I agree. It would just be a waste of time and it would just be for the sake of competitive balance.

Buzzwole is the only one of the Ultra Beasts that have been listed under the world most popular Google Pokémon of the Year 2020 list. But sadly, it unknown whether Game Freak, Inc. developers are going to include or cut Buzzwole in Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass: The Isle of Armor or The Crown Tundra. We’ll see, but it’s up to them to decide. What do think about that?

Yeah, I’m actually inclined to believe that the Google campaign is going to be used to help determine what Pokémon are going to be prioritized for inclusion in upcoming games/DLC.

Don’t think it will have any bearing on the Expansion Pass lineup, though, as that was likely decided a while ago.

What do you guys think the new gmax moves for the starters are going to be?
I remember this rumor about the gmax starters saying that Rillaboom's acts like Uproar, Cinderace guarantees burn, and Inteleon is like Focus Energy. Personally I think they're moves will be like upgrades to their signatures. I see Rillaboom with a binding effect that either does damage over time or lowers speed every other turn, Cinderace I agree guarantees burn, and Inteleon essentially ignores all opposing effects.

Saw a new rumor off of Reddit

It claims that the Crown Tundra tournament will have and host of returning characters from past generation's.

Gym leader's
Elite 4 members
Champions

Only ones returning are ones that have the same types as the galar gym leaders excluding champions since most are multi type.

Forgive me this is gonna be a long post im gonna retype it here

Rumor

Gym leaders

Erika
Gardenia
Ramos
Misty
Juan
Crasher Wake
Marlon
Blaine
Flannery
Fantina
Morty
Chuck
Brawly
Maylene
Korrina
Valerie
Brock
Roxanne
Roark
Grant
Pryce
Candice
Brycen
Wulfric
Clair
Drayden

Elite 4

Siebold
Flint
Malva
Agatha
Phoebe
Shauntal
Acerola
Bruno
Marshal
Hala
Olivia
Lorelei
Glacla
Karen
Sidney
Grimslely
Drake
Drasna

Champions

Lance
Blue
Red
Steven
Wallace
Cynthia
Alder
Iris
Diantha

My thoughts

1- BS total Bs
2 - 50 + returning characters yeah no we might get some gym leaders and mabey some Champions but not 50 + returning its almost to many ( i checked The Pwt and there was 40 returning character's but still i think 50 is to many)
3 - it seems like some one pulled names out of a hat / used masters for reference

I think this is so impossible its not even funny.

So HDvee showed off a continuation of the big rumor. For one it's 2 new gigantamaxes. Both of which are said to be the aces of Klara and Avery. Klara's is Gigantamax Scolipede, and Avery's is Gigantamax Alakazam. It is said Scolipede turns more Serpentine, and Alakazam looks like a sorcerer. Their max moves are called G-Max Toxicsurge and G-Max Sorcery. Toxisurge lays Toxic Spikes, and Sorcery bounces back status, like Magic Bounce. Along with those he says that after the Isle of Armor story, Klara, Avery and Mustard can be rematched at the Champion Cup. Mustard will have a Gigantamax Urshifu.

So HDvee showed off a continuation of the big rumor. For one it's 2 new gigantamaxes. Both of which are said to be the aces of Klara and Avery. Klara's is Gigantamax Scolipede, and Avery's is Gigantamax Alakazam. It is said Scolipede turns more Serpentine, and Alakazam looks like a sorcerer. Their max moves are called G-Max Toxicsurge and G-Max Sorcery. Toxisurge lays Toxic Spikes, and Sorcery bounces back status, like Magic Bounce. Along with those he says that after the Isle of Armor story, Klara, Avery and Mustard can be rematched at the Champion Cup. Mustard will have a Gigantamax Urshifu.

That actually sounds believable

Both of which are said to be the aces of Klara and Avery. Klara's is Gigantamax Scolipede
Hmmm... I feel like the fact that Dustox is incorporated into Klara's design may weaken the credibility of this leak a bit as I feel like a Pokemon so prominently featured in her clothing would be her ace instead. Has there been a case of a trainer having their design based upon their ace before?

Hmmm... I feel like the fact that Dustox is incorporated into Klara's design may weaken the credibility of this leak a bit as I feel like a Pokemon so prominently featured in her clothing would be her ace instead. Has there been a case of a trainer having their design based upon their ace before?
I don't feel Dustox is powerful enough to be a rival's Ace unless the DLC is set to be completed in the very early game. DLC is generally tougher/higher level than the main game, though admitedly GameFreak does weird things.

Im gonna ask a dumb question

With the virus spreading as it is do you think it will impact the release of the isle of armor ?

I mean its mostly online so i wouldn't think so but still i wonder is it possible.

With the virus spreading as it is do you think it will impact the release of the isle of armor ?

I mean its mostly online so i wouldn't think so but still i wonder is it possible.
I kinda doubt it. Besides we have until June. They more than likely are close to done with it anyway. Japanese are already the hygenically cautious sort, so I'm sure they know how to work while being careful

It may impact any live events associated with the release but the release itself very likely will not be impacted at all as the vast majority of people getting it don’t even have to leave their home to do so.

not necessary a Galarian form would stand out and how to make scolipede catchy as a outfit?

It may impact any live events associated with the release but the release itself very likely will not be impacted at all as the vast majority of people getting it don’t even have to leave their home to do so.

technically no, more would buy it actually bc they would save money from other sources.

more would buy it actually bc they would save money from other sources.
How are people "saving money" from other sources? Corona virus is forcing people to stay off jobs, causing an economic crisis for a lot of them, let alone extra money, many would be out of money for basic utilities.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom