• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Some are Gigantamax moves if not all of them. Terrain pulse seems the most interesting one

Gigantamax moves all start with "G-Max." It's a part of the actual name.

Besides that, I don't think HOME keeps data on G-Max moves, since they can't be stored in it.

At this point,I'm convincing myself that the leaks are GF's way of giving info to people who will dig far enough to get it, and keeping heavy spoilers away from people who won't, but I'm 90% sure that's not the case.
A spoiler warning on their site would be way easier. Plus, at the start of leak season, you have leaks popping up on 4Chan- not exactly where you want kids invested in your game to go searching for clues. By the end of leak season, there's a dozen YouTuber posting the 12-minute videos about it- anyone searching "Pokemon" on youtube would probably find it.
Terrain pulse seems the most interesting one
Ooh, terrain counterpart to Weather Ball, no doubt!

Expanding Force, Surging Strikes, Wicked Blow: Fighting type move
Steel Roller, Triple Axel: Steel type move
Corrosive Gas: Poison type move
Meteor Beam: Rock type move
Scorching Sands: Dual Fire/Ground move
Lash Out, Flip Out: Dark type move
Dual Wingbeat: Dual Flying/Fighting move
Poltergeist: Ghost type move (If Polteageist doesn't get it, i am gonna cry)
Shell Side Arm: Dual Water/Steel move
Coaching, Skitter Smack: Normal type move
Rising Voltage: Electric type move
Misty Explosion: Fairy type move
Grassy Glide: Grass type move
Terrain Pulse: Dual Ground/Grass type move (Possibly Calyrex signature)
Scale Shot: Dragon type move
Burning Jealousy: Fire type move

Jungle Healing we already know

I

I meant that they could be given as new level up moves or egg moves. Pokemon have had their level up move list changed between different games of the same generation and updates can do the same.
It could mess up movesets of the already existing Pokemon and possibly break saved games. I think that these moves will only be given to the new Pokemon that are being added.

Last edited:
>Shell Side Arm
Lockstin was right, as usual. Galarian Slowbro with a Shellder hand confirmed.
>Corrosive Gas
Once Again, he was correct. Slowking's move I can bet.

Except we already have seen both of Slowbro's arms and hands. There isn't a Shellder attached to its whole design. For me, it doesn't make sense either, since then why isn't Shellder a Galarian Form.

Except we already have seen both of Slowbro's arms and hands. There isn't a Shellder attached to its whole design. For me, it doesn't make sense either, since then why isn't Shellder a Galarian Form.
We haven't seen his right arm. We've only seen the left.

Expanding Force: Umm, a bit odd-sounding, but seems like a staple that a lot of Pokemon would get.
Steel Roller: Steel type, obviously. Maybe its for the Dubwool line?
Scale Shot: Definitely a Dragon-type move.
Meteor Beam: What type would this even be? I'm intrigued.
Misty Explosion: A Fairy type move. Galarian Dustox maybe?
Grassy Glide: Grass type move. Might be for Zarude.
Rising Voltage: Electric type. I think it might be for Boltund.
Terrain Pulse: Probably for Stunfisk. A Weather-Ball move but for terrains.
Skitter Smack: I smell Let's Go again...
Burning Jealousy: Fire-type maybe? Who's jealous?
Lash Out: What are you, an angsty teen?
Poltergeist: A Ghost-type move, might be Galarian Slowking's move too.
Coaching: Status move that Kubfu will most likely learn.
Flip Turn: ???
Triple Axel: ???
Dual Wingbeat: I smell a new Galarian form...
Scorching Sands: Sandaconda maybe?
Wicked Blow: Single Strike Urshifu move.
Surging Strikes: Rapid Strike Urshifu move.

We haven't seen his right arm. We've only seen the left.

Expanding Force: Umm, a bit odd-sounding, but seems like a staple that a lot of Pokemon would get.
Steel Roller: Steel type, obviously. Maybe its for the Dubwool line?
Scale Shot: Definitely a Dragon-type move.
Meteor Beam: What type would this even be? I'm intrigued.
Misty Explosion: A Fairy type move. Galarian Dustox maybe?
Grassy Glide: Grass type move. Might be for Zarude.
Rising Voltage: Electric type. I think it might be
Terrain Pulse: Probably for Stunfisk. A Weather-Ball move but for terrains.
Skitter Smack: I smell Let's Go again...
Burning Jealousy: Fire-type maybe? Who's jealous?
Lash Out: What are you, an angsty teen?
Poltergeist: A Ghost-type move, might be Galarian Slowking's move too.
Coaching: Status move that Kubfu will most likely learn.
Scorching Sands: Sandaconda maybe?
Wicked Blow: Single Strike Urshifu move.
Surging Strikes: Rapid Strike Urshifu move.

Meteor Beam is either Rock or Steel. I am personally thinking Rock, since it can be a counterpart to Steel Beam, which is Steel type.
Calyrex needs a Signature too, especially since its obvious Zarude and Urshifu get them. Thats why i thought Terrain Pulse is fitting, considering it was the King of Galar once and might have formed the terrain.
Gyro Ball inflicts more damage the slower the user is compared to the target. Therefore, the larger the relative difference between the user's and target's Speed stat, the greater the damage - What if Steel Roller is the exact opposite and inflicts more damage the faster the user is compared to the target.
Misty Explosion - Galarian Weezing makes the most sense.
Flip Turn is called Au-Revoir in French, so it might be a OHKO Ghost or Dark type move.

Meteor Beam is either Rock or Steel. I am personally thinking Rock, since it can be a counterpart to Steel Beam, which is Steel type.
Calyrex needs a Signature too, especially since its obvious Zarude and Urshifu get them. Thats why i thought Terrain Pulse is fitting, considering it was the King of Galar once and might have formed the terrain.
Gyro Ball inflicts more damage the slower the user is compared to the target. Therefore, the larger the relative difference between the user's and target's Speed stat, the greater the damage - What if Steel Roller is the exact opposite and inflicts more damage the faster the user is compared to the target.
Flip Turn is called Au-Revoir in French, so it might be a OHKO Ghost or Dark type move.
There's already a move like that and it is called Electro Ball.

Hmm, I forgot about Steel Beam there.
Upon second thought, Grassy Glide might be Calyrex's signature, as it does have a cape of grass and it levitates.
When I heard Steel Roller I thought of Steamroller, so I just attributed it to the only Galarian Pokemon known to roll.
Also Greninja'd. Electro Ball.
It may also be a U-turn like move since Au-Revoir means "Goodbye".

There's already a move like that and it is called Electro Ball.

Which doesn't matter a whole lot, since you can make the same argument for the majority of the moves that are the same.
We had Wing Attack, we still got Aerial Ace. Both have the same Base Power, one cannot miss (So why would you run WA over AA, AA makes WA basically absolete, especially since the majority of the Flying types that can learn WA, can also learn AA).

Burning jealousy, hide this name from deviantart ,imagine salazzle learning it.
Expanding force: Looked it up and it has something to do thermodynamics, yeah no it probably has nothing to do the scientific term.
Rising voltage: I guess helping hand but for electric-types, not like plus and minus and magnetic flux exist or that GF cares about the meaning of voltage.
Grassy glide? Skitter smack? Stop it GF, the names were cute and stupid ,but we refuse to live with them for the rest of our lives

Steel Roller,
I think it’s going to be Copperajah's signature move. It’s trunk turns pretty roller-esque in G-Max form, where the inspiration might come from.

Meteor Beam: Rock type move
Moves with meteor in the name are usually steel type. But still possible, since we’ve got Dragon, fighting and steel moves with Meteor,

Burning Jealousy: Fire type move
I think it might be a dark type move that deals burns. Dark usually represents negative emotions.

Rising voltage: I guess helping hand but for electric-types, not like plus and minus and magnetic flux exist or that GF cares about the meaning of voltage.
Grassy glide? Skitter smack? Stop it GF, the names were cute and stupid ,but we refuse to live with them for the rest of our lives
Misty, Grassy and Voltage correspond to the three terrains so it may be related to that.

I don't think any of these moves would be related to Calyrex - they could just as easily introduce its signature stuff in the Crown Tundra update.

I do think it's odd that there seem to be moves pertaining to Grassy, Misty, and Electric Terrain, but not Psychic. Expanding Force maybe, but the other three names are so much more dead-on.

Some interesting speculation I've seen on the Smogon boards is that these could be Ice-type moves - Triple Axel in particular is the name of an ice skating technique.

Incidentally, a while back, an unused cry was found in the data for HOME that seemed to suggest either a scrapped Mega Jynx or a Jynx regional form... :unsure:

(And it could be a regional form - as of Galarian Slowpoke, regional forms can now have different cries from their base forms.)

To me this just sounds like a pretty unspecific Flying-type move that anything with wings could learn.

Last edited:
To me this just sounds like a pretty unspecific Flying-type move that anything with wings could learn.
A stronger Wing Attack, maybe? Because I would like a move like Fly without spending two turns.

Don't blame GF, blame the English translators. For comparison's sake, look at LGPE's move names in English, and then look at the Spanish ones.

EDIT: From what I see, the Japanese ones have some repetition on it, making me think of One Piece's devil fruits. Of course, this is one of those times where the English translators should have done something about it.

Last edited:
Huh, I felt certain it was going to be a Water-type U-turn/Volt Switch- I've actually seen a fan idea with that exact name- but Au-Revoir doesn't really have any Water-type connection, does it?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom