• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

What's with these off-topic discussions? Youkai Watch? Animorphs??? Let's talk about the DLC, shall we?

Anyway, as much as I'm looking forward to a whole new area and a new storyline to explore, the return of many old Pokémon is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most. I regularly play online and I'm starting to get really tired of seeing the same pool of 10 or 15 Pokémon over and over again every battle. The return of old Pokémon will not only spice up the metagame with new Pokémon choices, but it'll help create new styles to play with the Pokémon in the game currently too. I also want to try breeding for Shinies of some of the new (old) Pokémon. I'm kind of burned out with the game after almost 600 hours, so the influx of Pokémon will hopefully reinvigorate my enjoyment of the game! It'll be like a reunion with our old pals :3
Call me weird, but I feel I would be tired after playing so much.

getting back on topic now, do we know what kind of levels the trainers/wild Pokémon are going to be?
I believe it was stated that you could start the Isle of Armor DLC once you reach the Wild Area so that might give you an idea of the leveling. However, beyond that I don't think we'be been given any information on the levels in the Isle. My hypothesis is that the DLC will function like additional Wild Areas with varying levels across the map, with perhaps the main DLC story saved for later badges/postgame.

Call me weird, but I didn't have this issue playing SM for 750 hours and then another 750 on USUM lol. It was fun to breed a lot of unconventional Pokémon and take on the Battle Tree or try to come up with the strongest combination to get the longest streak.

Speaking of which, what are the chances that one of the towers on the Isle of Armor is a new battle facility? Maybe something like the Battle Dojo? Galar's Battle Tower was the most lackluster rendition since its introduction in Gen 2 both in enjoyment and as a way of to earn BP. It was clearly rushed. With the DLC, they could finally give Galar the proper battle facility that the region deserves. Especially since there aren't any alternatives like the Battle Chateau or the Battle Agency of previous games.

Ehh, that’s how some people play. Not me; I suspect I have some type of (undiagnosed) ADHD. Even games like Animal Crossing lose their charms after a month or so, until my interest is rekindled. But I have friends who can easily clock that amount of time in a game, especially if there’s an online aspect, like SWSH.

Call me weird, but I didn't have this issue playing SM for 750 hours and then another 750 on USUM lol. It was fun to breed a lot of unconventional Pokémon and take on the Battle Tree or try to come up with the strongest combination to get the longest streak.
I guess that's the difference. I don't take part in competitive battling nor the battle facilities, which might explain why I stop around the 400 mark.

Ehh, that’s how some people play. Not me; I suspect I have some type of (undiagnosed) ADHD. Even games like Animal Crossing lose their charms after a month or so, until my interest is rekindled. But I have friends who can easily clock that amount of time in a game, especially if there’s an online aspect, like SWSH.
Well, I guess this is what happens when you don't do multiplayer...

I guess that's the difference. I don't take part in competitive battling nor the battle facilities, which might explain why I stop around the 400 mark.

Well, I guess this is what happens when you don't do multiplayer...

I don’t do that much multi-player tbh. My bff and I occasionally do some den runs and I sometimes join in on raids with randoms. But most of the time I do dens on my own.

everyone is off topic again

so new spoilers new abilities and items were revealed thru datamines

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1265870609420083201?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1265872436244987904?s=20

i expected the galarica stuff but surprised that it was not galarica seed but galarica twig and galarica cuff this items might be the evolution items for galarian slowpoke

also very interested on what is armorite ore? max honey and max mushrooms might be new spawn items or new curry ingredients

also apparently king's rock was coded in the game to not be an evolutionary item hopefully they fix that since normal slowking is coming back

everyone is off topic again

so new spoilers new abilities and items were revealed thru datamines

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1265870609420083201?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1265872436244987904?s=20

i expected the galarica stuff but surprised that it was not galarica seed but galarica twig and galarica cuff this items might be the evolution items for galarian slowpoke

also very interested on what is armorite ore? max honey and max mushrooms might be new spawn items or new curry ingredients

also apparently king's rock was coded in the game to not be an evolutionary item hopefully they fix that since normal slowking is coming back

What if you don't need the KR anymore for evolutions and they are just regular evolutions. Maybe they fade out item evolutions at some point and make all of them regular evolutions.

Galarica Twig: Psychic/Grass Galarian Slowpoke. Then we get Psychic/Poison Galarian Slowking.

Quick Draw is interesting as an ability. We might get another new Pokemon aside from Zarude, Calyrex, the Galarian Forms and Kubfu and Urshifu.

What if you don't need the KR anymore for evolutions and they are just regular evolutions. Maybe they fade out item evolutions at some point and make all of them regular evolutions.

Galarica Twig: Psychic/Grass Galarian Slowpoke. Then we get Psychic/Poison Galarian Slowking.

Quick Draw is interesting as an ability. We might get another new Pokemon aside from Zarude, Calyrex, the Galarian Forms and Kubfu and Urshifu.
galarian slowpoke is already confirmed to be pure psychic also KR is already in the game why wouldn't they just update it metal coat is not removed as an evolution item...

also my guess is galarian slowbro is psychic/poison and galarian slowking is ghost/psychic or dark/psychic...

I dont do competive battles anymore cause I am sick of using and seeing the same pokemon. I hope the DLC buffs some pokemon too

I believe that we've known about the Exp. Charm, but the Mark Charm, has me curious. Charms have always traditionally been Key Items that alter gameplay in some form. The Oval Charm increases the likelihood of eggs appearing in the Day Care, and the Shiny Charm amplifies the encounter rate of Shiny Pokemon (both from wild encounters and hatched from eggs).
Exp. Charm is going to increase the amount of experience a Pokemon can gain, so I wonder what the Mark Charm is going to do.
Maybe it'll increase wild encounter rates, or possibly Pokemon catch rates?

Edit:

This is wild speculation on my part, but I'd love it if Quick Draw has some form of interactions with priority. Like maybe it gives priority moves to have greater priority if the opponent also used one, so if both Pokemon used Quick Attack, the Pokemon with Quick Draw always goes first. It sounds super niche, I know, but it's something GameFreak would do! lol

Last edited:
Maybe Quick Draw is a signature ability for Galarian Slowbro, if we're right about it having a Shellder gun on its arm.

so I wonder what the Mark Charm is going to do.
Maybe it'll increase wild encounter rates, or possibly Pokemon catch rates?

Probably increases the likelihood of finding Pokémon with Marks, or something along those lines. There's already a Catching Charm in the base game that makes critical captures more likely.

Probably increases the likelihood of finding Pokémon with Marks, or something along those lines. There's already a Catching Charm in the base game that makes critical captures more likely.
I completely forgot that the Catching Charm was a thing, same with Marks! lol
That seems likely, if not a bit disappointing. I do like Marks, but the fact that I've only encountered a single Pokemon with one the entire time I've been playing says a lot about the system imo.
I would've preferred if they'd just make them something your Pokemon naturally obtains the more you get to know them and unlock hearts.

Seeing as we know what the Exp Charm does (increases exp gains) here's some speculation for the rest of the items barring the Max Honey and Mushrooms:
- Galarica Twig: Evolution item for G-Slowbro/King.
- Galarica Cuff: Evolution item for G-Slowbro/King.
- Style Card: Functions similar to the League Card, but for the towers. Alternatively, allows you to unlock some of the new clothing items.
- Armor Pass: Allows you to go to the Isle.
- Armorite Ore: Use to allow Pokemon to Gmax, maybe functions like the Dynamax candy.
- Mark Charm: Increases the chance of finding Pokemon with a mark.

It's not clear to me what the Max Honey and Mushrooms could be for. They don't seem like curry ingredients, but I could be wrong.

I just remembered something that I wanted to ask. Do you think we are gonna get the GMax Venasaur and Blastoise in Isle of Armor or Tundra Crown? I want to assume Isle since we are getting the Galar starter Gmaxs there, but the marketing has been vague about which expansion it will be in

I just remembered something that I wanted to ask. Do you think we are gonna get the GMax Venasaur and Blastoise in Isle of Armor or Tundra Crown? I want to assume Isle since we are getting the Galar starter Gmaxs there, but the marketing has been vague about which expansion it will be in
Per Bulbapedia:
New Gigantamax forms will be introduced [in Isle of Amror]. This includes Venusaur, Blastoise, Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon.

It's not clear to me what the Max Honey and Mushrooms could be for. They don't seem like curry ingredients, but I could be wrong.

The disappointing answer that comes to my mind is that they're just more sell-for-cash items (like regular Honey and regular Tiny/Big Mushrooms), but ones that you can only get from doing Max Raids.

I have P 9,000,000 in Sword right now thanks to my G-Max Meowth and they're about to drop 50 Big Nuggets on me as well. I do not have anything else left in the game to spend this money on.

They'll be included in the Isle of Armor. Nothing that they show before this point in the trailer is stuff that has been announced for the Crown Tundra (while G-Max Venusaur and Blastoise are shown), and indeed, you can spot the G-Max Venusaur and Blastoise artwork among all the other concept art on the sides.

Last edited:
I was hoping we might get a Hidden Ability capsule but it doesn't look like it. Possibly a "service" NPC like Hyper Training, but so it goes.

The disappointing answer that comes to my mind is that they're just more sell-for-cash items (like regular Honey and regular Tiny/Big Mushrooms), but ones that you can only get from doing Max Raids.

I have P 9,000,000 in Sword right now thanks to my G-Max Meowth and they're about to drop 50 Big Nuggets on me as well. I do not have anything else left in the game to spend this money on.
This tends to be an issue in RPGs where you're buried in money by the end but the game still tries to throw money at you as a reward.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom