• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Man, I had this cool plan to have a team set for the DLC, but my dumb butt had to have one of them be shiny. Been hatching eggs on and off for the better part of the last few months and still don't have it. Got three shiny G-Farfetch'd and a shiny G-Ponyta within the span on four weeks without trying, but a shiny Cottonee? lol NOPE.
Guess I'll go with a random team of Pokemon I was messing around with post game.

Aaah, I don't know how to set my expectations. Keep them low, like last time, or go on the hype-train?

I think we are getting something this week.

This comment did age well.

Its 15:00 mainland european time. 14:00 for UK.

It also seems my hunch that we were getting something this week was right (Although it was either last week of May/first week of June as logical timing for something anyways).
You hit some (This week) and you miss some (Anime return).

hopefully they show something of substance this time around, and give people a reason to be hyped for this (and the next) DLC.
I think that we might get more info about Urshifu's ability Unseen Fist, Galarian Slowbro, and some of the new moves and items that were datamined, along with the release date announcement.

I'm keeping them low. No use in getting excited in something when you know next to nothing about it.
I usually have a hard time doing that, but yeah, I will try. The january Direct was a surprising turn of event for me, I only expected Home.

My low expectation for tomorrow is another short feature-trailer like last time, but with barely anything new + the release date.

personally, i'm keeping my own expectations low. game freak's marketing of their games has been.... hit or miss, with this being more on the "miss" end, so a part of me hopes tomorrow's trailer will make up for all of that, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I usually have a hard time doing that, but yeah, I will try. The january Direct was a surprising turn of event for me, I only expected Home.

My low expectation for tomorrow is another short feature-trailer like last time, but with barely anything new + the release date.
Yeah, same. The most I'm expecting is G-Slowbro, and that's it. If they do show another Galarian form, great! But I, sadly, wouldn't be surprised if the Slow line are the only Pokemon getting Galarian forms besides the birds. They would have shown us at least another one in the previous trailer imo.

I don't want to sound negative, or be a Debbie Downer here, but I think the healthiest thing for players who have been disappointed with SwSh, or anyone for that matter, would be to temper their expectations. Doing any more would be setting ourselves up for disappointment, and that's not what the community needs right now.

Yeah, same. The most I'm expecting is G-Slowbro, and that's it. If they do show another Galarian form, great! But I, sadly, wouldn't be surprised if the Slow line are the only Pokemon getting Galarian forms besides the birds. They would have shown us at least another one in the previous trailer imo.

I don't want to sound negative, or be a Debbie Downer here, but I think the healthiest thing for players who have been disappointed with SwSh, or anyone for that matter, would be to temper their expectations. Doing any more would be setting ourselves up for disappointment, and that's not what the community needs right now.
I wholeheartedly agree, but to be fair; only one new Galarian form line would be very disappointing from the onset.

About time.

The worst case scenario for me would be Giga Venusaur & Blastoise + tutor moves. Slowbro would at least provide a couple hours of speculation about its origins.

The latest Wild Area event (which sounds great by the way) ends on June 29th, so either it only affects the mainland's Wild Area or the June 30th release is a possibility. My reasoning is that it would be boring to reach the Isle of Armor only to raid "old" Pokémon.

The last 'trailer' wasn't announced beforehand, so this one might be a bit beefier (hopefully).

Aaagh, I'm getting my hopes up again. Luckily a lot of work tomorrow to keep my mind off the expansions until trailer-time.

I'll keep my expectations low. Honestly, at this point i won't take much to satisfy me. After this long of going without any news I would just like to see the Isle of Armor in action. Though other trailers prove that even sometimes they don't add shots of the overworld. So here's hoping we see a few.

I would like to see more of course. Galarian Slowbro and maybe some of the other returning Pokemon.

today big reveal in 4 or 5 hours, maybe we get some slowbro and slowking

The previous (and first) trailer was basically "we're doing DLC, a pack of two", so honestly I expect this announcement to be a little beefier. I mean, they can't go "we're doing DLC" again, so XD

My expectations are more info on Island of Armor, some game footage, and something relating to regional variants (either Slowpoke or another mon)

I'm literally expecting a quick overview trailer with at best, the date of release. That's my expectation as I really don't want to hype myself up for disappointment.

What I'd love to see though, is some new Galarian forms or dare I say it.. new Pokémon. Saying that though, i'd expect literally one handful of new Pokémon in the DLC if at all, but I doubt it.

It'll be that or the official reveal of the Urshifu Gigantamax, which doesn't excite me whatsoever haha.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom