• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Either way, I made sure to temper my expectations this time, still surprised that they didn't look into Pokemon Home's system of trading.
Yeah, and they made no mentioning of sending GO Pokemon directly into Home, so GO players are still only able to transfer the original 151 (plus the Meltan line) into the Switch.

Well, a Gen 4 remake would make people less willing to buy Sword and Shield DLC. If it is happening, I'm not expecting an announcement until after the Crown Tundra is released.

Not really, if the release date is April 2021 as some rumours have speculated then theres still 10 months for people to buy and play the DLC.
People are able to play something while looking forward to something else simultaneously.

Plus they already have previous effectively announcing Sword Shield (not the names but they were coming) before LGPE came out

I had no expectations. Everything else was meh, but POKEMON SNAP. MORE POKEMON SNAP.

Y'all have no idea how long I have waited for this day.

...It's been about as long as how long Snap's been out. Looks like we still might be stuck on the rails with a weird pod to ride in. But that's okay. MORE SNAP.

Not really keen with Café Mix, and Smile is obviously a baby game. But still, Victini and Mega Evolution coming to GO (and therefore likely skipping Manaphy and Shaymin Special Research)? That I look forward to. And the new Pokémon Snap. And my chance to battle Zeraora. And whatever will be announced next week.

Not really, if the release date is April 2021 as some rumours have speculated then theres still 10 months for people to buy and play the DLC.
People are able to play something while looking forward to something else simultaneously.

Plus they already have previous effectively announcing Sword Shield (not the names but they were coming) before LGPE came out
I still don't think it's gonna happen. I think that we're just going to get Detective Pikachu 2.

Um, dumb moment. The DLC is OUT, right? You're supposed to access it via patch, aren't you? Nothing's coming up for me yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, it finally popped up. Scared me.

I'm still actually dying from that Pokemon Snap announcement! I've mentioned it for years, but mostly as a joke. I never thought it was actually going to happen!

It looks absolutely gorgeous too!

Be careful for what you wish for, because you just might get it.

I just watched it (its 23:30 here in Melbourne), and I was very disappointed in the almost lack of coverage of the expansion, which I was looking forward to. I don't have Pokemon Home so I would miss out on Zeraora, another disappointment. New Pokemon Snap I might be interested in, but not the others. I might watch the Pokemon Presents next week.

Either that or they were hinting Let's Go Johto. Honestly, I'd prefer Gen IV remakes.

Seems like Lets Go Johto: Lugia, Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Sudwoodo, Politoed, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Espeon, Umbreon, Typhlosion, Feraligatr and the Lets Go Games. Only gen 1 and gen 2 were present in the shelves (Aside from the 3 gen 8 starters, but they were in the top shelf, so they weren't the main focus).

Seems like Lets Go Johto: Lugia, Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Sudwoodo, Politoed, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Espeon, Umbreon, Typhlosion, Feraligatr and the Lets Go Games. Only gen 1 and gen 2 were present in the shelves (Aside from the 3 gen 8 starters, but they were in the top shelf, so they weren't the main focus).
And that means that the Gen 4 remakes will probably be Gen 9 games.

It looks like we're indeed getting Let's Go Johto, but IDKR.

Why would you say that?

I don't know why they split the announcements here and it kind of agitates me because Animal Crossing New Horizons is due for info on its next update which is presumably coming in July (at the very least, everything covered in the last update video is here now). I'm afraid because next week is Pokemon again, Nintendo won't release anything.

And if it's LG Johto of all the horrible things I will be so mad. Don't make that a series. Dear god, please no.

Pokemon Snap!

The rest was eh......BUT Pokemon Snap! :D

(Also I really want gen 9 to look like New Pokemon Snap, I know it's not the same developers but New Pokemon Snap is really showing Sword and Shield up visually. It's like night and day.)

Now to decide if I want to wait until Home maintenance finishes so I can jump in with some of my homies I couldn't bring in before, or if I should just test the waters a bit with some of the Pokemon I have on hand...

I'm so happy with the Snap news, and I'm not surprised there wasn't anything new for the DLC since we just had the last trailer. Still, I have to wonder what the news for next week is going to be.
A part from me thinks that it will be about a second wave of DLC, but I feel like that would be jumping the gun too soon. We haven't even gotten the Crown Tundra yet.
Imagine if it was for SwSh sequels.
My guess is it'll be for what's coming after the DLC, but I can't say what it could be. I doubt it would be a Let's Go game, with it being too soon after LGPE came out. I'd wager, or at least prefer, those games being in-between generation games, so people could chill out before we start the new-gen hype train.
The most solid guess would be DP remakes, but I honestly wouldn't mind a "super-serious" spin-off, since all of the games from this presentation were either for younger kids or casual.

Why would you say that?

I don't know why they split the announcements here and it kind of agitates me because Animal Crossing New Horizons is due for info on its next update which is presumably coming in July (at the very least, everything covered in the last update video is here now). I'm afraid because next week is Pokemon again, Nintendo won't release anything.

And if it's LG Johto of all the horrible things I will be so mad. Don't make that series. Dear god, please no.
Some people are claiming that there are hints at Let's go Johto, with all the Gen 2 plushes in the background which are displayed alongside Pikachu, Eevee, and the original LGPE.

Pokemon Smile as a concept is low-key creepy. I mean Pokemon Sleep isn't much better lol but ok

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom