• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

It could potentially save them money since they wouldn't have to invest in releasing a new set of games every year or two, and could push it out to a more healthier interval.
You need to take into account that people are making these games. It's not healthy having to push GameFreak into the release cycle they were presented with for the last two gens, especially if you take into consideration the crunch and burnout rumors that were going around earlier this year.
They show no signs of changing, and so far each "non new gen" addition has been paltry (only 5 for USUM, 2 for Let's Go, and 6 for the Expansion Pass) and they've all been Legendaries and/or Mythicals.

But the thing is, didn't one GameFreak developer say very clearly at one point that there wasn't any plans for another Let's Go game unless LGPE exceeded their sales expectations somehow? Knowing TrollFreak I wouldn't be surprised if the all the Johto Pokémon plushes were just a massive red herring to throw everyone off track.

Although I guess the same thing could be said about all the cryptic Gen IV hints...we'll see.

Last edited:
What does the new Pokemon being Legendaries or Mythicals have to do with anything? They're still new designs, and said designs can he used to sell new merchandise, which is how TPCi makes the bulk of their revenue.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say LG Johto, if it is planned, will be a DLC for LGPE planned to release early 2021, rather than a new game, and Gen IV remakes are still in the pipeline, but they won't come until November 2021.

But the thing is, didn't one GameFreak developer say very clearly at one point that there wasn't any plans for another Let's Go game unless LGPE exceeded their sales expectations somehow? Knowing TrollFreak I wouldn't be surprised if the all the Johto Pokémon plushes were just a massive red herring to throw everyone off track.

Although I guess the same thing could be said about all the cryptic Gen IV hints...we'll see.
I don't think that they would release two main series games in a single year, and I'm not expecting them to put out DLC for a game that is no longer relevant.

pokemon smile is the purest thing i have ever seen. I already download it for my sister.

Pokemon Cafe mix looks incredibly CUTE. I want it.

New Pokemon Snap hits different. I almost cry when i first saw it.

Megas are relevant again. Interesting.

No news for DLC but don't care.

Seeing Pokemon in Café uniforms is so cute, and it's making me tempted to buy the game when it comes out just for that! lol

Megas being relevant in so many games sans the main games is the weirdest choice. I guess it's to appease the fans who wanted them back, but I feel like the bulk of us would prefer Megas being in the main games... Hopefully the gen 4 remakes have them, even if they're nerfed.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say LG Johto, if it is planned, will be a DLC for LGPE planned to release early 2021 rather than a new game, and Gen IV remakes are still in the pipeline, but they won't come until November 2021 (aka the last games in this Gen).

Gamefreak also said no DLC (But apparently they were already working on it before SWSH even released).

I don't want to read through five pages so I'll just guess (things in parenthesis are my opinions):

• "Isle of Armor out now." (I guess I'll have to go get it sometime in the future)
  • "They didn't show enough Isle of Armor stuff." (Which, to be fair, you're right)
  • "New Pokemon Snap!? What!?" (I haven't even played the original but I want it)
  • "Pokemon Smile? What?" (They're really going for that health angle)
  • "Huh. Pokemon Cafe Mix. Neat little puzzle game." (I might get it. It might be fun to play when I need to kill time)
  • Anywhere from "Mega Evolutions in Go. Neat." To "oh great, Mega Evolutions." To "They haven't forgotten them." To "They finally remember Mega Evos but only in go! Dammit!." (Personally, I'm in the last category)
  • "Big project? I wonder what it is!" (Please be Sinnoh remakes please be Sinnoh remakes please be Sinnoh remakes)
And that is what I think happened in the last five pages.

Me personally. I have things to be excited for now, none of them are related to the expansion pass. I'll just wait until it's fully out.

People on reddit seem to be reporting the enemy level scaling maxes at level 60. Maybe just early stuff, though.

Is the level scaling based on the Pokemon you currently have in your party or based on your progression through the main game?

So for example if you've already become the champion but show up to the isle of armor with level 10 Pokemon, will the levels scale to the level of my current team or the progress I've made so far? (so, level 60)

I feel like the answer is that it's based on progression but I figure I'll ask anyway...

Is the level scaling based on the Pokemon you currently have in your party or based on your progression through the main game?

So for example if you've already become the champion but show up to the isle of armor with level 10 Pokemon, will the levels scale to the level of my current team or the progress I've made so far? (so, level 60)

I feel like the answer is that it's based on progression but I figure I'll ask anyway...
I think progression from what people have posted.

I think progression from what people have posted.

Yeah I just checked and it is progression. I have a second save file that I haven't much progress on that I'll probably use to play through the first time. There's something kinda weird to me about putting a team together full of level 60 Pokemon and then having them probably evolve straight away after they gain a level.

I have to say, I've only explored a small bit of the Isle of Armor, but already I can tell it was a lot better executed than the Wild Area. Just in terms of environment, the Isle of Armor has so much more to offer. The Wild Area is a lot of the same, with that one desert-like area in the middle. The Isle of Armor has oceans, caves, marshy areas, mountainous paths. It's really nice and it makes it feel massive.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom