• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

lol Please don't tell us that you'd expect us to believe that a random TPC employee would post a leak in a random fan forum.
I'd sooner believe it if it had been posted on 4chan (not that I would) lol

Edit: Thankfully, the mods deleted it, but for context, as I said, someone was claiming to be a disgruntled TPC employee and posted a "leak" for CT.

first time i've seen that since i was around here. .__. it was immediately sketchy from the get-go lol

i wouldn't mind calyrex being a topic of discussion, as little as we know about it, though. we pretty much know all that we know about urshifu being more or less a quest pokemon that takes a super short amount of time. hoping the lead to calyrex is longer and more eventful.

Can we even call the IoA a story?

Not really sure how it wouldn't be considered one. It has a clear acts with a beginning, middle, and end, has characters with defined personalities, and a protagonist who makes choices and goes on a journey toward a specific goal... I don't see what's missing.

Not really sure how it wouldn't be considered one. It has a clear acts with a beginning, middle, and end, has characters with defined personalities, and a protagonist who makes choices and goes on a journey toward a specific goal... I don't see what's missing.
Sorry, I meant it ironically.

inb4 Calyex ironically ends up as the steed instead. Think about it like the King in chess getting captured.
I think it is more of a regal knight white horse and black horse is the theme if it was a chess related form it should have been white horse and red horse instead I saw some Fan designs that looks really good

Today I got Honey her 1,000,000 watts.
She was not a very good bonus boss, being vastly weaker than Mustard and my Scyther swept her whole team in one move each after Swords Dance, although I am impressed she has superhuman strength. Also her offer to reward me if I get her several million more by going out alone for a walk sounds less than worthwhile so I think we're done here.
I'd like to think her talk about battling other champions is connected to something in Crown Tundra but it might be another ORAS Battle Frontier tease.

I'm getting there, I actually have noticed that I'm able to get at least 200,000 Watts per day, maybe even more.

Well, I caved in and bought it. The more I thought about it I was beginning to rethink whether or not it might be worth the money and ended up buying it. Maybe I was just talking myself into it, but no going back now.

And... it's actually better than I thought it would be. Not amazing of course, but good. The Isle of Armor is more fun to explore than I thought, the environments are a lot more detailed than the barren fields of the Wild Area, and even though it's lacking the overworld puzzles of earlier regions, the design is varied and detailed enough that yes, I do like exploring it. I would be fine with a full game like this.

Other than that, you know what to expect from the trailers and released content. And frankly, I think it's enough for $15, or at least very close. I don't think the DLC content is the problem with SwSh's value, I think it's the base game that's lacking. The new content feels like a good addition, even though it's lacking some of the things I'd like to see added to SwSh (such as deeper sidequests or battle facilities with more unique rulesets).

I got 1 million watts and battled honey, a pushover. Not sure I can be bothered to go to the next level.
Why 3,280,000 why not just 2 million or 3 million.

Is it really worth it, you get a walk and a rare league card dont you?

Forest of Focus is the first Pokemon Dungeon/Cave area that I've ever actually gotten lost, as in I don't know where I am or what direction to travel in to get where I need to go.

Last edited:
It would be one thing if you could only rematch Honey after giving her the 3 million+ watts, but if it's just a walk and a rare league card than it might not be worth it since the rematch with stronger Pokemon is available to day after the first battle. I have not gathered the watts necessary yet to see it yet, though.

I do really like both Honey and Mustard's teams. I think they really show off each character's strength and personality very well and are both very unique.

So do you guys think it's worth getting it now? I was planning to buy it just last week for my birthday but I decided to check Youtube reviews just to be sure and all videos I saw people were complaining it's really short (with only 3-4 hours worth of gameplay) and that the story is not that interesting (part 1 at least).

While I realise we'll get the Crown of Tundra down the road it'd seem like I'm paying nearly 40 dollars for a lackluster DLC, so I went for a full game instead and got Astral Chain. Now I'm back to think about getting it, by the end of July, but I wonder if I should hold on a little longer until at least Crown of Tundra is out.

So do you guys think it's worth getting it now? I was planning to buy it just last week for my birthday but I decided to check Youtube reviews just to be sure and all videos I saw people were complaining it's really short (with only 3-4 hours worth of gameplay) and that the story is not that interesting (part 1 at least).

While I realise we'll get the Crown of Tundra down the road it'd seem like I'm paying nearly 40 dollars for a lackluster DLC, so I went for a full game instead and got Astral Chain. Now I'm back to think about getting it, by the end of July, but I wonder if I should hold on a little longer until at least Crown of Tundra is out.

Astral Chain is a really good game and will give you plenty of game for what you paid (admittedly it's a game I need to finish but liked what I did play).

As of right now, I personally think the DLC is worth it. The Wild Area was my favorite aspect of gen 8 and getting to explore basically a bigger version of that in the Isle of Armor was very fun and engaging for me. I also really liked all the characters introduced, especially Mustard. The story was pretty basic and kind of short if you know what you're doing, but I managed to spend 8 hours on the first day without completing the story just by training, catching, and exploring the island. Plus the added tutor moves, Pokemon, and items are a very nice bonus. If you're still on the fence it might be best to hold off until the Crown Tundra comes out if you're not into exploring and catching as much as I am, but if you are then i'd say it's worth it.

I would always recommend getting it. It adds many hours of gameplay and we’ve still only seen half of it. There are also plenty of QOL improvements, great characters, and lots of Pokémon to collect.

The story is just ok. Klara was a pretty hilarious character tho. Her sass is actually such a mood.

The Diglett sidequest was actually really enjoyable to me too. It added another layer of collectibles and without using a guide or anything, it was pretty difficult but in a good way. It forces you to really study all the new areas. Plus it has great rewards.

And even with all of this, it’s still only half of the DLC. The $30 will still get us the Crown Tundra in the Fall. They did a great job here, I’m hoping that continues.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom