• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

We know that there are currently two unrevealed horse Pokemon, with an item that fuses them with Calyrex. All fossil Pokemon aside from the Gen 4 fossils return.

What is everything we know from the datamine by the way?

uhhhh hmm let's see.

There's two horse Pokémon, referred to in the code as "white horse" and "black horse" that Calyrex can fuse with using an item similar to the DNA Splicers

The main arc of the story seems to be divided into four "chapters" which each have titles: A Legendary Tree of a Legendary Three (referring to that huge red tree and the Galarian bird trio), Terrible Titans... Lurking Locked Away (referring to the Regis), They Came From the Ultra Beyond (something to do with UBs, which are all returning), and The Sacred Bonds of Sovereign and Steed (presumably about Calyrex and the aforementioned horses)

There's a new item, a Hidden Ability Capsule that allows you to give any Pokémon it's used on its Hidden Ability (but this cannot be reversed). Also there seems to be an Armorite Ore equivalent for the Crown Tundra, and yet another new Charm key item.

There's some indication of an in-game event involving the Unova musketeer trio + Keldeo

Galarian Star Tournament pretty much seems to be just the Championship tournaments you can already do in Wyndon, but in Multi Battle format. All of the NPC Gym Challengers are still listed as part of it. However, there also seem to be 27 listings for "Dream Matches" but we don't know what those could be.

Peony and his daughter can join you as Max Raid partners at some point, just like Klara and Avery can in IOA Max Raids

There is an estimate of the map layout based on the skeleton map and fly locations that were left in the code:

EbO6qXnWkAQnvFH.jpg

Also, the returning Pokémon are:
Nidoran families
Zubat family
Smoochum family
Elekid family
Magby family
Omanyte family
Kabuto family
Aerodactyl
Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
Dratini family
Raikou, Entei, and Suicune
Lugia and Ho-Oh
The Hoenn Starters
Aron family
Swablu family
Lileep family
Anorith family
Absol
Spheal family
Relicanth
Bagon family
Beldum family
Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
Latias and Latios
Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza
Spiritomb
Gible family
Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf
Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Victini
Audino
Tirtouga family
Archen family
Cryogonal
Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus
Genesect
Tyrunt family
Amaura family
Carbink
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde
Diancie
Volcanion
Tapu Koko, Lele, Bulu, and Fini
All Ultra Beasts

All of the UBs and old Legendaries (except the Musketeer trio and the classic Regi trio) appear to be encountered via Dynamax Adventures.

That's pretty much the big stuff, there's some other misc. details that are too vague to make much of.

Last edited:
Judging by what I have seen in other games, I think they really can't scrub everything without screwing things.
Are you saying that Game Freak literally has to leave everything in there or else the game will break? If that's the case, then that's just another reason that Game Freak needs to slow down/TPCi needs to quit making them shove out annual content. At the very least, get the company some coding optimization courses so they don't reach the point of their games constantly crashing any time soon.

Are you saying that Game Freak literally has to leave everything in there or else the game will break? If that's the case, then that's just another reason that Game Freak needs to slow down/TPCi needs to quit making them shove out annual content. At the very least, get the company some coding optimization courses so they don't reach the point of their games constantly crashing any time soon.
If it was only a problem that GF has I would agree, but I have seen it almost every company so I don't think so.

Wow, it's been a while. It's exciting to have some more news drop, and does make me wonder how soon will that release date be? There's a small part of me that hopes it will be earlier, just based on the timing of this news, but the more logical side of me suspects it will drop around the same time we would usually see a Pokemon game release.

I do have a few predictions for what we'll see in the trailer, most of them being datamine related.
I think we'll possibly see some information about each of the Chapters that were leaked with the datamine, maybe getting a little more for the bird trio and the regis. I don't think we'll see much of the UBs or Calyrex though, as we haven't technically seen anything in the advertising so far related to the UBs (unless we have and I completely forgot, sorry it's been awhile), and I just have a weird feeling they want to keep the Calyrex stuff more of a mystery, though I would hope we at least get to see the two-horse Pokemon. I think we will if we do see a little information about this chapter. While the main game was pretty good about not revealing many of the new Pokemon, the Expansion Passes so far have seemed to disregard that idea, with every one of them from the IoA being revealed before the expansion was released.

We'll almost definitely get to see Galarian Slowking with this as well.

I think we'll also get a better view of the map that we saw the skeleton of with a datamine, as well as a few more glimpses of the different places we'll be exploring on the Tundra. I am really excited about this part. Based on that skeleton, the map looks absolutely massive, and just based on what we have seen so far form the Tundra, there is a good variety of different environments to explore.

And we'll probably get information of the Galarian Star Tournament and Hidden Ability Capsules

I think we'll also get a better view of the map that we saw the skeleton of with a datamine, as well as a few more glimpses of the different places we'll be exploring on the Tundra. I am really excited about this part. Based on that skeleton, the map looks absolutely massive, and just based on what we have seen so far form the Tundra, there is a good variety of different environments to explore.

The thing that really gets me salivating about the CT's size is this official screenshot they released a while back. Based on the Wild Area and the Isle of Armor, we have a more intestinal sense of how long it would take to, say, ride your bike from that inactive den on the right of the image up to the huge red tree, or how long it would take to go around it and into the moat to reach that mini-island with the tree and the dirt patch. Extrapolating based on that, the distance from the red tree to the church building with the frozen tree seems wild. The way that the path from this area winds off and zigzags into the mountains looks really exciting.

I'm curious to see why Regidrago and Regieleki share a temple despite the lore of both saying how dangerous they are, wouldn't it be better to keep the two dangerous Pokemon in separate temples? I want to see the reasoning for why they were sealed in the same place despite the other Regis being sealed separately.

I'm curious to see why Regidrago and Regieleki share a temple despite the lore of both saying how dangerous they are, wouldn't it be better to keep the two dangerous Pokemon in separate temples? I want to see the reasoning for why they were sealed in the same place despite the other Regis being sealed separately.
Well, in Unova they weren't separated.

Well, in Unova they weren't separated.
But every time they had temples like in Hoenn and now in Galar, they were separated. The fact that the two new Regis share a temple must have some implication of a deeper reason.

I think they share a temple and were designed together as counterparts not for lore reasons, but for design reasons.

Think about it.

Electricity and plasma. Both in the plasma state of matter. Both are raw energy, not solid material.

In my opinion, I think it would be cool if the two regis actually fused together to try and be "complete". They would be able to fuse due to them both being composed of raw energy

Am I the only one that feels like if we get remakes, they'll be of Gen 5? considering the relationship between the US and UK in real life and how both Unova and Galar are more "modern" regions I feel like they're going to do a tie-in somehow. And given we are aware of fusions between calyrex and a white and black horse, we have more allusions to the Tao trio. And, there's an event involving the Swords of Justice, too.

I'm hoping for Sinnoh remakes for 2021. I don't know how I'd feel about a 3rd DLC.
Not sure if this would count as DLC, but I think it would be nice if they did like fighting games and it was just a "compatibility update" so you can use anything in the remakes against SwSh players.

Fighting games tend to use this so people that don't have the DLC can still play against people that have it.

The opinion is that this will be the last DLC for SwSh then they will have DP remakes next year that will have the remaining missing pokemon from SwSh considering that most Sinnoh pokemon are missing including the starters and fossils and that would complete the dex this Gen

I dunno what I think is coming after CT. I’m considerably more excited by the thought of more Galar content than I am by anything related to Sinnoh, but the latter seems like the safer and more obvious bet. If we’re getting another Gen 8 game, that is. I could kinda see us not, with IOA/CT being the USUM of this generation and thus being the final leg of the Gen 8 competitive metagame for the next two years. And then Gen 9 rolls around at the end of 2022, as per the usual 3-year cycle. Which I suppose I’d be alright with. I really like seeing new Pokémon.

My hangup with Sinnoh remakes (besides just not being a huge fan of Gen 4) is basically Dynamax. I’m not sure what GF would do about it. It’s a core part of this generation’s meta so I don’t think they’d make it unavailable in half of the gen’s games. But they’ve driven such a hard message about it being Galar’s thing. It’s not as flexible as Mega Evolution was. So do they compromise on the meta or do they compromise on the worldbuilding? Or just avoid the issue altogether and put Sinnoh remakes on the backburner for now? Another round of Galar DLC or another Galar game wouldn’t have to worry about this, and the continuity could carry on smoothly.

I dunno what I think is coming after CT. I’m considerably more excited by the thought of more Galar content than I am by anything related to Sinnoh, but the latter seems like the safer and more obvious bet. If we’re getting another Gen 8 game, that is. I could kinda see us not, with IOA/CT being the USUM of this generation and thus being the final leg of the Gen 8 competitive metagame for the next two years. And then Gen 9 rolls around at the end of 2022, as per the usual 3-year cycle. Which I suppose I’d be alright with. I really like seeing new Pokémon.

My hangup with Sinnoh remakes (besides just not being a huge fan of Gen 4) is basically Dynamax. I’m not sure what GF would do about it. It’s a core part of this generation’s meta so I don’t think they’d make it unavailable in half of the gen’s games. But they’ve driven such a hard message about it being Galar’s thing. It’s not as flexible as Mega Evolution was. So do they compromise on the meta or do they compromise on the worldbuilding? Or just avoid the issue altogether and put Sinnoh remakes on the backburner for now? Another round of Galar DLC or another Galar game wouldn’t have to worry about this, and the continuity could carry on smoothly.
Pokemon now have alternative timelines if they can include mega in hoenn remakes they could include dynamax in sinnoh remake. If i remember correctly there is a meteor shower in sinnoh that is why there are meteors in veilstone that maybe retconed to some meteor shower for dynamax area or they could connect the CT lore in sinnoh remake

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom