• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Pokemon now have alternative timelines if they can include mega in hoenn remakes they could include dynamax in sinnoh remake. If i remember correctly there is a meteor shower in sinnoh that is why there are meteors in veilstone that maybe retconed to some meteor shower for dynamax area or they could connect the CT lore in sinnoh remake

They could, yes, but I’m not convinced they would. Dynamax isn’t just a natural phenomenon (one caused by a specific Legendary Pokémon in Galar’s history, at that) but also a cultural cornerstone that defines the Galar region. Shoving it into Sinnoh would be a lot more awkward than finding a way to do more with Galar (or even just having this generation consist solely of SwSh and the DLC). Maybe that awkwardness wouldn’t bother them, but I dunno. I think this is one of the things they do care about; each region having it’s own signature profile and not conflating those too much.

I figure it would be this. I don’t think GameFreak would essentially abandon their current flagship battle mechanic/gimmick in the second pair of games, even if it comes at the cost of the worldbuilding they set up in the first pair of games.

Were this a situation in which Sinnoh remakes were unavoidable and their only choice was to either leave it out or force it in, then yeah, they’d force it in. But we shouldn’t assume that Sinnoh remakes in this generation are a certainty, and them not being in the cards for now would keep them from even having to make the choice to begin with, which to me makes a fair amount of sense.

Last edited:
Take a third option: Dynamax is available in the DP remakes but the games don't revolve around them. You can get a Dynamax Band in the postgame and it is available in the Battle Tower, but that's it, like Megas in SM. And if they don't appear it wouldn't be the end of the world, haven't we talked about how GF is starting to leave the "generation" concept in the past?

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if the pandemic and the office change didn't push Crown to at least Early November.

If you played the DLC you could just handwave it as the fact that the Vespiquen spread the factor around.

It's already a flag for me that it's a Sinnoh mon so might as well. It just works.

You know, I've gone through the game several times now, and all previous times, I've felt like they actually did a generally decent job of balancing the level curve with the perma-Exp. Share, but the run I'm currently playing right now is the first time I've tried doing the Isle of Armor stuff in conjunction with the main storyline, and I'm really feeling like the Exp. Charm is throwing things off. I'm at the 4th Badge, where the average level is 31-33 (with Bea just a touch above that), but my team is about to crack 40. I can only imagine how much more the Crown Tundra update will destabilize this.

I admit I have done a fair bit of camping as well, but I just don't think that's contributing as much as a constant 50% multiplier on Exp. gain.
Meaning it might be better post game after all for level balance

My wild theory about Dream Matches is that at least some of them could be battles against former Champions. There's that moment in the Watts for Honey sidequest where she tries to arrange a battle with another region's Champion but is told that they don't want to come so far out just for a casual battle. Could just be a fruitless tease like the "Battle Frontier project has started!" thing, but consider that as of CT, all of the Pokémon (with one exception) that compose the Champions' traditional teams will be in the game.

Lance: Dragonite x3, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Charizard

Red: Pikachu, Lapras/Espeon, Snorlax, Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise

Steven: Aggron, Skarmory, Cradily, Armaldo, Claydol, Metagross

Wallace: Ludicolo, Gyarados, Whiscash, Milotic, Tentacruel, Wailord

Cynthia: Spiritomb, Roserade, Togekiss (Gastrodon is also in but haha), Lucario, Milotic, Garchomp

Alder: Escavalier, Accelgor, Vanilluxe, Durddigon, Bouffalant, Volcarona

Iris: Hydreigon, Druddigon/Salamence, Haxorus, Lapras, Aggron, Archeops

Diantha: Hawlucha, Gourgeist, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Goodra, Gardevoir

The exception to this is Blue, who has everything except his Pidgeot, which does seem like a fairly significant omission since it's been on every one of his teams except for Yellow (which was a mess) and his most recent appearances in SM/USUM (for seemingly no particular reason) and LGPE (where Pidgeot is instead associated with Trace - by the way, other than that, all of Trace's 'mons are already in SwSh as well, but obviously nobody cares about him).

Additionally, all of Kukui's team members are in the game, though not all of Hau's are (with Crabominable - and Komala from SM, if that's relevant - being the last holdouts).
thing is the datamine leaked the stars tournament matches already. Unless they do free updates like the wild area updates to do events where the match ups change.

Edit:
On dynamax in sinnoh, the remakes no longer have to be compatible with the main games. LGPE show us that already. Swsh are compatible with each other and thats it and thats how every game release will be moving forward they implied as much when they said dexit was the new norm going forward, the sinnoh remakes will have a dex complelty different to swsh in the first place and be unable to trade or battle because of it, let alone dynamax.

Last edited:
The thing is: People say a 3rd DLC. We need four DLC's then, because one and two are a set, so 3 and 4 would be a set as well (Especially since they can't make only 1 DLC 30 currency), which pushes Sword and Shield towards late 2021 and considering the release cycles, 2022 is for a new generation.

There aren't enough Pokemon left for four DLC's anyways. Only way a fourth DLC can work is if we visit a secondary region, which i find unlikely.

I am expecting to see Galarian Slowking in the upcoming info trailer.

My hangup with Sinnoh remakes (besides just not being a huge fan of Gen 4) is basically Dynamax. I’m not sure what GF would do about it. It’s a core part of this generation’s meta so I don’t think they’d make it unavailable in half of the gen’s games. But they’ve driven such a hard message about it being Galar’s thing. It’s not as flexible as Mega Evolution was. So do they compromise on the meta or do they compromise on the worldbuilding? Or just avoid the issue altogether and put Sinnoh remakes on the backburner for now? Another round of Galar DLC or another Galar game wouldn’t have to worry about this, and the continuity could carry on smoothly.

Can Victor/Gloria open up new power spots in Sinnoh with the Eternatus he captured?

I'm putting it out there right now, megas will come back. If so, I'll buy.

Galarian slowking is definitely a psychic/ghost type
IMG_20200929_211804.jpg

Edit: apparently from serebii still Poison/Psychic type

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw it, and it was very good, especially the music video at the end (I was tempted to leave my seat, unplug the headphones and dance along). I was expecting November for The Crown Tundra, but now it late October. I am ready Crown Tundra.

EDIT: Just rewatched the bit on The Crown Tundra, and I would have to agree, Slowking just doesn't look great, but tolerable. And I checked on Serebii.net, and Galarian Slowking is Poison/Psychic type.

Last edited:
i7kQlLq.png

It's still early enough that at the time of this post, the website isn't updated yet, but it does seem that Shellder's the one in control.

...Well, if there's one thing that was worthwhile about this stream (barely); it was the neat little music video.

So they are keeping the horses in as a surprise until the dlc came out also quite curious as to why they released it at Oct rather than Nov although I am happy about it

Hey! The datamine didn't tell me Klara could be a partner in the GST! :bulbaLove: Also I suppose it must be what Mustard was teasing, then. It looks less rote than I expected - the team dialogue between the characters seems fun.

Official site has updated. Galarian Slowking is Poison/Psychic just like Slowbro, but has a signature ability (Curious Medicine, which eliminates an ally's stat changes whenever G-Slowking is sent out) and move (Eerie Spell, which does damage and lowers the PP of the opponent's previously-used move by 3)

The Crown Tundra releases on October 22nd in America and October 23rd in Europe and Japan while a special physical bundle containing Sword & Shield and the EXpansion Pass will release November 6th

Lol. Everyone who waited will have a field day. They are releasing a physical third version hahahaha. So they basically lied again.

It also confirms 2 DLC's is all we get.

Looks like you can on on those Legendary raids with AI partners judging by 3:44 where we see some of them facing down Dialga.

I predict that will be nothing but pain.

It may not be so bad. You use Rental Pokémon for the Dynamax Adventures and the movesets on them seem like they don't suck as much ass.

The Crown Tundra releases on October 22nd in America and October 23rd in Europe and Japan while a special physical bundle containing Sword & Shield and the EXpansion Pass will release November 6th

Lol. Everyone who waited will have a field day. They are releasing a physical third version hahahaha. So they basically lied again.

It also confirms 2 DLC's is all we get.

My understanding is that DLC bundle packs are fairly common? It's not really lying, it's just a convenient holiday option for parents and late purchasers and people who like physical copies. It's all the same content we've gotten through the DLC patches, so there's no incentive to purchase it if you've already bought the pass digitally.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom