• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Bunch of new footage from an Italian review video:

That ending with the Rotom phone getting excited and taking pictures of the Galar legendary birds was comical.

Also, it's weird seeing trees of a recognizable species in Pokemon. Usually, they look so generic but those deciduous trees in the trailer are clearly Birch. The coniferous trees probably match up with an actual species, too, but I don't know enough about trees to say which one.

Last edited:
This has absolutely nothing to do with the Crown Tundra, but can we please talk about how depressingly tiny Nidoking is compared to the protagonist? I mean, I know Nidoking is somewhat small, but look at this:
1603296495867.png
1603296571908.png
1603296600818.png
Anyways... I wonder how Dynamax adventures are going to work with NPCs.
Also, it's weird seeing trees of a recognizable species in Pokemon. Usually they look so generic but those are clearly birch trees in the mountains.
I hope this means that we'll see more recognizable trees rather than just generic green tree.

Happy to see that Stonjourner is walking around in the wild there. I figured it probably would be, since we saw Eiscue in another trailer, but it's good to have confirmation. I've wanted to use a Stonjourner on an in-game team for a while now, but its availability is hell:

- For Max Raids, it only appears in a few 5-star purple beam raids, one of which has an alright 15% chance of encounter while the other is only a 5% chance
- Appears at the Lake of Outrage (so, requires the water bike) as a random encounter at 2% in Sandstorm and 5% in Intense Sun
- Appears on Route 10 at a 2% encounter rate

Symbol encounters are much easier to deal with, and being able to access the Tundra early on gives me the chance to actually use Stonjourner for most of the run.

I mean, I know Nidoking is somewhat small, but look at this:

Tbf, you say "somewhat small" but we're talking 4'07". That puts Nidoking a head shorter than my wife, who is 5'02", so what I'm seeing in that image seems about right.

Anyways... I wonder how Dynamax adventures are going to work with NPCs.

My going assumption is if you're the only player, you call all the shots, but it is a good question.

Last edited:
- You can access the Crown Tundra from very early on in the game, much like the Isle of Armor.
This makes me worried. This early accessibility makes it seem like this was cut content from the initial game just like people speculated might have been the case with the Isle of Armor, mostly due to the story placement being ambiguous and tip-toeing around whether or not you are the champion.. Hopefully the whole thing doesn't count as main game content story-wise, as it was weird seeing the Isle of Armor people having no idea about you being the champion considering most of the player who bought the DLC probably cleared the game.

In fact, it wouldn't make sense that Peony would invite you to join the expedition team until you either became champion or at least managed to get as far as Opal. So either this another example of Game Freak putting accessibility before immersion, Peony knows your father (who's implied to be an explorer of some sort if you got his backpack as a male player), or Peony's hiding something and we're just some scapegoat.

Is there a chance that the story episodes are split/unlocked based on how far you've progressed in the game? That might make things a little better.

This early accessibility makes it seem like this was cut content from the initial game just like people speculated might have been the case with the Isle of Armor

People claiming that x was "cut content" from the main game is just people who are unhappy with the game in general chasing a unicorn.

More than likely it's because A. the DLC content uses the same open-world design as the Wild Area, which is meant to scale to your progression, and generally speaking the entire notion of "open-world" is that you can go wherever you want without restrictions, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to say "actually no, you can't go to the Crown Tundra yet," and B. because the games are still selling (and will continue to do so once the dual pack hits shelves) and therefore not everyone has beaten the game, and people who are just starting out might be excited to dive right into the DLC content since it's one of the more advertised things about the game this year.

In fact, it wouldn't make sense that Peony would invite you to join the expedition team until you either became champion or at least managed to get as far as Opal.

I don't think there's a problem with him inviting you early. It'd just be the old, "Hey, I can tell you're a novice, but you look like you've got potential! Why not help me out with some research I'm doing?" sort of logic which Pokémon constantly uses. Professional adults entrusting complex investigations to ludicrously underqualified children has frankly been a thing in the series since Day 1.

Last edited:
This makes me worried. This early accessibility makes it seem like this was cut content from the initial game just like people speculated might have been the case with the Isle of Armor, mostly due to the story placement being ambiguous and tip-toeing around whether or not you are the champion..
You know that other games either do this or put them in the post-game, right?

Anyone know when the DLC should be available. The availability of games and game updates is never consistent and its very annoying. You have games like Animal Crossing that can have its updates come out on the east coast US as early as 8pm the day before. You have many Nintendo published games that can be played at 12am EST at launch. Then you have games that can't be played until like 11am on the day of launch.

Anyone know when the DLC should be available. The availability of games and game updates is never consistent and its very annoying. You have games like Animal Crossing that can have its updates come out on the east coast US as early as 8pm the day before. You have many Nintendo published games that can be played at 12am EST at launch. Then you have games that can't be played until like 11am on the day of launch.

Best estimation we've got right now

So those of us in the US have to wait until the day’s pretty much over?

I'd say more like 3/4ths over; 6:00 PM for instance is only just an hour after most people (including myself) get off from work. Assuming it drops on the nearer end of that range, anyway. If not, then yeah, it'll be pretty late in the evening.

I'm in the Central time zone, so if it does come at 6:00 PM for me, then that would be 4:00 PM for people in California, while it'd be 7:00 PM for people in New York.

Last edited:
I'd say more like 3/4ths over; 6:00 PM for instance is only just an hour after most people (including myself) get off from work. Assuming it drops on the nearer end of that range, anyway. If not, then yeah, it'll be pretty late in the evening.

I'm in the Central time zone, so if it does come at 6:00 PM for me, then that would be 4:00 PM for people in California, while it'd be 7:00 PM for people in New York.
It’ll be 7:00 pm for me.

So it does look like the Galarian Birbs will be Roaming Legendaries. I never cared much about the concept of roaming legendaries in previous games, but now that we can see them out in the world, I think I'm going to have a fun time with this. I'm definitely looking forward to tracking these birbs down and catching them.

So it does look like the Galarian Birbs will be Roaming Legendaries. I never cared much about the concept of roaming legendaries in previous games, but now that we can see them out in the world, I think I'm going to have a fun time with this. I'm definitely looking forward to tracking these birbs down and catching them.
Plus you apparently have a way to attract them, so the tedium of past hunts is gone.

From the beta full dex will surely come back the issue now is when? Will it be a patch? Another dlc? Or when DP remakes come?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom