• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Unrelated, but I'm looking at the price list, and my word 50 Dynite Ore for an Ability Capsule is hilariously overpriced when you can farm them from the Cram-o-matic like it's nothing

And who would trade even just 2 Dynite Ore for some measly Dynamax Candy??
I would argue almost all of the dynamite ore offers are insanely bad. The Ability Patch and the Beast Ball are the only things it isn't much easier to get elsewhere. I can maybe see the Ability Capsule and the Bottle Cap if you don't know Cram-o-matic recipes, too, but in this day and age that isn't too hard to look up.
Edit: Admitedly, I am looking at this from the perspecive of someone with a lot of Pokémon that would love the Ability Patch.

Day 2 log:
Short day, but I caught Galarian Zapdos and Moltres, and a 5 star Metagross from a raid.

Last edited:
Apparently you can get more Dynite Ore than usual through the Endless Dynamax Adventures mode, though I don't know how much more specifically.

You get a free Beast Ball for completing the fourth mission (i.e., for showing Peony a Necrozma caught in DA), but other than that, it seems the only way to get more is through Championship tournaments, which is very unlikely to give them. I guess they're getting the same artificial rarity treatment as Apricorn Balls (although on a similar note, Dream Balls can now be dropped from rare Delibird raids in the Crown Tundra - previously they were a 1-per-save gift from Ball Guy).

Although... have you claimed the Beast Ball you get just for beating the game? I ask because you mention that you got yours from Ball Guy, so it might be worth going to Stow-on-Side and speaking to the daily wares seller on the right, if you haven't already. If indeed you haven't, then that + the one from Peony are two more you can count on, at least.

Unrelated, but I'm looking at the price list, and my word 50 Dynite Ore for an Ability Capsule is hilariously overpriced when you can farm them from the Cram-o-matic like it's nothing

And who would trade even just 2 Dynite Ore for some measly Dynamax Candy??

Just finished doing an Endless run, I got through 5 floors, almost got through a 6th, but we got wiped out by a Kyogre because there weren't any Electric or Grass type Dynamax Pokemon on that floor. You seem to get about 5 per Pokemon you defeat + 2 if you team up with another player (I defeated 23 Pokemon in that run, they gave me 23 for "exploring", 92 for clearing dens, and 2 for teaming up with other players, for a total of 117). It really just seems to give you "more" by virtue of fighting more Pokemon moreso than it rewarding you more per Pokemon, which is somewhat disappointing. And boy, if you're going for an Endless run, clear out your afternoon, because that run took me about an hour and a half. But I got enough Dynite Ore for another Beast Ball, so that's something.

Oddly, there don't seem to be any of those teleporting Watt trade NPCs in the Tundra. As to your hunch, Sonia just goes back to her lab once the three Swords of Justice have been caught, so it definitely ain't her.

I'd forgotten about those Watt traders! Maybe they thought it wasn't worth including them because there aren't as many new additions in this Pokedex (74, compared to the Isle of Armor's 109)? It's a shame though, I enjoy collecting "seen" entries.

Last edited:

How do you farm them?

I was conned in the Endless Adventures.
When you complete a normal round of 4, you get 9 Dynite Ore.
I did 7 endless batttles, lost on the 8th, and only got 14

I'd forgotten about those Watt traders! Maybe they thought it wasn't worth including them because there aren't as many new additions in this Pokedex (74, compared to the Isle of Armor's 109)? It's a shame though, I enjoy collecting "seen" entries.

Yeah, you're probably right about the fewer amount of new Dex entries being the reason why there aren't any entry traders.

How do you farm them?

Rare Candy + anything + Rare Candy + Rare Candy

Last edited:
After the Isle of Armor update, background music began stopping and starting abruptly when leaving/entering an area, which broke the immersion a bit for me. It also caused the end of the music to get cut off when completing a Gym mission, which spoiled the atmosphere of those moments. I've noticed that since the Crown Tundra update, music has been fading gradually again. Presumably, this will have also fixed the problem with the Gym music, but I won't know until I start a new playthrough. It's a small detail, but one that's been bothering me, and I'll be glad if they've completely fixed it.

What determines who gets to keep the caught Pokemon when multiple people want it? There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets it.

If you want it, you get it. Doesn't matter if anyone else also claims it; everyone gets their own.

Unless you mean when there's a tie when claiming to replace a rental, in which case I thiiiiiiiiink it's random? Though I've read it might also be prioritized by player order, from top to bottom.

A tip for catching Galarian Articuno: you can change the date on your Switch to one when there's no Hail in the Crown Tundra (Serebii has a list of these dates here) so that Articuno doesn't get KO'd by it. If you want Articuno to still have the correct date on its summary screen, you can change the date back once the battle has started, and the Hail won't return until after the battle has ended.

Strangely, after changing the date I didn't hear Articuno's cry when flying to the Crown Tundra, and at first I thought Game Freak might have put measures in place to stop people from doing this. But I still found Articuno at Snowslide Slope. I don't know whether not hearing its cry had anything to do with changing the date, or if that was just a coincidence.

Last edited:
If you want it, you get it. Doesn't matter if anyone else also claims it; everyone gets their own.

Unless you mean when there's a tie when claiming to replace a rental, in which case I thiiiiiiiiink it's random? Though I've read it might also be prioritized by player order, from top to bottom.

Yes, I do mean replacing rentals, and no, it's not prioritized by player order. I've had scenarios where multiple people have claimed it and the last person got it.

I am kind of sad that there are four gym leaders we didn't get to meet, but playing the Glarian Star Tournament has reminded me that I really like how much personality they gave all of the characters in their movements/animations.

So I spotted a new Max Raid NPC partner.
Peonia with a Tyrantrum.

Ive deliberately avoided this thread for a few days but funnily enough she was in the first CT raid I did.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom