• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Character Speculation

We're talking about the creators and the marketing team behind Aether Foundation here...
I certainly expect or not discount the obvious for villains because of what you said. Gen 7’s plot would’ve worked much better if they cared of not making obvious who the antagonists were.

Granted, given that they known their reputation about this, they might’ve decided to fool us all this time by making the main antagonist someone we’d never expect...but it’s quite far-fetched.

I know GF doesn't really do hidden twists, and Rose and Oleana do look moderately suspicious, but wouldn't it potentially be too obvious? I mean, I do definitely like the idea, but I'm not gonna put my money on it...
A good counter twist would be Leon faking obliviousness and/or weakness so that he can be financially compensated for all of Chairman Rose’s money when he inevitably gets found out for rigging Leon’s matches.

I don’t think it’s necessary to redo every animation if the one they kept are decent. The problem arises when the animation you reuse was already bad.
You cannot reuse animations for the rivals. We are not talking about random trainers. If they don't care creating specific animations for those 20 major characters they introduce each generation, I don't really see why we should expect anything good from them.

What's weird about that scene is Hop's mouth's not moving when he speaks like what we characters in this game usually do. So I wonder if that scene's unfinished or something.

Ok guys, hear me out on this one.

Bea is a Maylene recolor.

Thank you :3

I initially thought she'd be a Korrina recolor until I read her bio on the official website that states she is very stoic and rarely shows her emotions.

Last edited:
You cannot reuse animations for the rivals. We are not talking about random trainers. If they don't care creating specific animations for those 20 major characters they introduce each generation, I don't really see why we should expect anything good from them.
I was referring specifically to the idea of reusing old animations in general.

In the specific case, I do agree that main characters should have unique animations for themselves, though it depends on how much of the old animations are used on them. Knowing GF, it’s likely not restricted to this one, but we’ll see.

I do think there are good features and things in SwoShi compared to the past. The concept alone of the Champions Cup is quite interesting and appealing to me, for example.

I was referring specifically to the idea of reusing old animations in general.

In the specific case, I do agree that main characters should have unique animations for themselves, though it depends on how much of the old animations are used on them. Knowing GF, it’s likely not restricted to this one, but we’ll see.

I do think there are good features and things in SwoShi compared to the past. The concept alone of the Champions Cup is quite interesting and appealing to me, for example.
And so was UltraMegalopolis. And what did it turn out to be?
Making things appealing is what trailers are made for. So let's wait and see if those good features will be actually better compared to the past.

And so was UltraMegalopolis. And what did it turn out to be?
Making things appealing is what trailers are made for. So let's wait and see if those good features will be actually better compared to the past.
The appeal is mostly because of the concept itself, and not the way it was shown in the trailer, but I agree.

The same can be said for negative things, howewer: we already seen improvements in textures, lighting and shadows if we compare the first and last trailer, and Hop’s animation can be mostly new with a few being taken from the past.

Everything should be judged with a grain of salt until we have a definite and complete look at it.

So here's my take on the dynamic between Leon, Rose, and Oleana:

Leon is probably a pawn in all of this, he doesn't look particularly evil. Rose and Oleana are a bit more suspicious looking, and I think they're both controlling Leon for their own gain. Rose is probably the leader, however I think Oleana could be The Starscream. She's involved in a lot more day to day operations and she's doing all of the heavy lifting. I could easily see her wanting to seize power for herself and she'd be in a good position to do so. Oleana betraying Rose would make for a very interesting 11th hour plot twist, maybe just after you finish defeating Rose she could swoop in and you would have to face her in the game's climax.

The appeal is mostly because of the concept itself, and not the way it was shown in the trailer, but I agree.

The same can be said for negative things, howewer: we already seen improvements in textures, lighting and shadows if we compare the first and last trailer, and Hop’s animation can be mostly new with a few being taken from the past.

Everything should be judged with a grain of salt until we have a definite and complete look at it.
Sure. We will wait till the release for the final judgement, hoping that people will not forget to judge what they bought when the moment comes and just act like if a cute new feature could justify a tree that looks like a N64 game or a poorly animated pokemon/move coming from the biggest franchise in history.

Sure. We will wait till the release for the final judgement, hoping that people will not forget to judge what they bought when the moment comes and just act like if a cute new feature could justify a tree that looks like a N64 game or a poorly animated pokemon/move coming from the biggest franchise in history.
I don’t think that buying at release is necessary, expecially if someone has doubts. It’s possible to wait and form judgement by looking at reviews and online videos and playthroughs, or asking people that they can trust.

If the tree looks as bad as in the Threehouse demo, as well as other graphic details, I’d be certain to point it out. Will it be the same as it was in June? I don’t know. The last trailer did show improvements of details people criticized, rightly so if they’d have been present at released.

That’s without considering other sidedness of the games, as plot, characters, difficulty, puzzles, music, quests, and many others. If the game will turn good or bad all has to be considered, and see the ratio of good things and bad things.

Let’s judge animations, for example. If the majority of those in the game, being for characters or Pokémon or else, are good, a few bad ones aren’t going to affect my opinion much towards a negative vote. It’s different if most of them are outright bad. The same goes for every aspect of the game, and for the overall view of the games. Pro and cons as to be weighed in importance and ratio.

I don’t think that buying at release is necessary, expecially if someone has doubts. It’s possible to wait and form judgement by looking at reviews and online videos and playthroughs, or asking people that they can trust.

If the tree looks as bad as in the Threehouse demo, as well as other graphic details, I’d be certain to point it out. Will it be the same as it was in June? I don’t know. The last trailer did show improvements of details people criticized, rightly so if they’d have been present at released.

That’s without considering other sidedness of the games, as plot, characters, difficulty, puzzles, music, quests, and many others. If the game will turn good or bad all has to be considered, and see the ratio of good things and bad things.

Let’s judge animations, for example. If the majority of those in the game, being for characters or Pokémon or else, are good, a few bad ones aren’t going to affect my opinion much towards a negative vote. It’s different if most of them are outright bad. The same goes for every aspect of the game, and for the overall view of the games. Pro and cons as to be weighed in importance and ratio.
Fair enough...

I'm hoping that the female player character will be named Sword and the male will be Shield in the next Pokemon Adventures.

I'm hoping that the female player character will be named Sword and the male will be Shield in the next Pokemon Adventures.

I think that’d be a nice change of pace...!
It’s...rather unlikely, though...given that every other male protagonist has been named for the first version and the female for the second...

Back
Top Bottom