- Nov 17, 2019
- Reaction score
I already know Toxtricity and will definitely get this Pokemon just like Corviknight. In Sword I already know that I'll pick Scorbunny and I think I'll pick Sobble in Shield and I'll also pick Galar Ponyta I'm just not sure which nature is the best for each PokemonI'm not sure if you're ok with spoiling the new Pokemon for this game, but if you're ok with that I have some suggestions for some new ones that cover most of the types you listed.
If you want water or grass then I assume you'll probably pick either Sobble or Grookey? After that I have some other team member suggestions...
1. Electric/Poison - There's a new Electric/Poison type Pokemon that goes from a baby purple lizard (it's literally a baby, it throws tantrums while it attacks) to a tall punk rocker lizard. They're called Toxel and Toxtricity. I think they're more special focused than physical but I'm not 100% sure.
2. Ghost/Ground - Yamask gets a new evolution in these games called Runerigus, it becomes a sort of rune ghost where it carries around pieces of rubble from a stone tablet. It's a physical attacker and also has really strong defenses.
3. Dark/Fairy - A new goblin Pokemon has this typing called Impidimp, he eventually evolves into Grimmsnarl a large troll-like Pokemon. He's a strong physical attacker. He's also not bad with special attacking.
4. Grass/Dragon - Depending on the version you can get an Applin that evolves into either Flapple (Sword) or Appletun (Shield). I think Flapple is more of a physical attacker while Appletun is more special attacker (though I think it's attack and special attack aren't that different) One warning though, Applin doesn't learn any moves through level up so it'll probably be hard to battle with them until they evolve. It's basically this gens Magikarp.
5. Bug/Ice - An Ice moth Pokemon called Frosmoth that evolves from Snom. Only problem with this one is it appears late game, so if you want it you might have to trade for it or find it in a rax maid battle. I don't know much about it but I'd assume it's a special attacker. (and I'd imagine its special defense is stronger than its physical defense as well)
6. Steel/Flying - Corviknight, you can get this one early on by catching a Rookiedee. I think its more physical focused and also has good defenses.
Ponyta and Rapidash have galarian forms exclusive to Shield that are Psychic and Psychic/Fairy.
Darumaka and Darmanitan have ice type galarian forms that are exclusive to Sword.
There's also Polteageist that evolves from Sinistea, it's a teapot Pokemon and its pure ghost.
Some sand snakes called Silicobra and Sandaconda that are pure ground.
- You can get late game Pokemon early if you catch them through a max raid battle someone else is hosting. If you press Y you can bring up a list of stamps, the max raid battles are the ones with the Pokemon silhouettes.
- There are also some Pokemon like Impidimp that you can catch earlier through the wild area than through the linear routes.