• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
My tentative plan so far is:

-Sobble
-Obstagoon
-Corviknight (Gigantamax/Mirror Armor)
-Rolycoly

I would say the four above are just about a lock. I love Obstagoon and Corviknight, I basically always use the Water starter regardless of viability of design, and Rolycoly just looks really neat and I think it's a good design and concept. Currently debating between these for the last two slots:

-Impidimp
-Morpeko
-Galar Pseudo Legendary

I always use the pseudos of the native region, so I'm not going to stop now. Impidimp's typing is phenomenal and I hope it's evolution is viable, Morpeko looks fun to use but I'm worried about it's actual viability, anything on this list that gets cut will likely be used in a future playthrough, or as a backup team to my first six Pokemon.

Obviously, there's still a lot of new Pokémon, Galarean forms, left to be revealed...but as of right now I'm currently considering the following Pokémon for my in-game team:

-Scorbunny's final evolution
-Togekiss
-Roserade
-Flygon
-Gigalith
-Sawk
-Gigantamax Blastoise*
-An Eeveelution
-At least one yet-to-be-revealed Galarian Form evolution

* Not confirmed to be in the game yet, but I think it's pretty safe to assume the Kanto starters will be obtainable & get a Gigantamax form due to Charizard being Leon's signature Pokémon. Blastoise would probably be the best fit from a story perspective for this reason.

I will certainly only play with new gen Pokemon. So far, the only definite ones are Rolycoly and Scorbunny.
The other ones that I am considering are: Obstagoon, Alcreamie (neutral towards normal, but loving its gigantamax), Corviknight, and Yamper

A spoiler full team, so look if you dare.
Inpoh2L.jpg

Intelleon - Grimmsnarl - Coalossal - Poison/Electric dinofrog - Orbeetle

Last edited:
I think Alcremie is a definite now. Having all of those flavor variants makes me want it that much more. I love Pokemon with variations like that. But at the same time, now I don't know which one I want. :LOL: With pink being my favorite color, I feel like I'll likely get a pink one. But I could also just get one with pink toppings. Ugh, so many choices.

Realistically, it'll probably just be like Minor, where I just stick with the first one I end up finding XD.

• Grookey
  • Impidimp
  • Polteageist
The other 3 I'm deciding depending on the amount of new Pokemon and if I'm interested in them. Maybe I'll use some old Pokemon that I haven't before.

Sobble/Intellion
Tyranitar or Kommo-o (or both, if i make to the event)
Haxorus (if i didn't make to the event)
Heliolisk or Braviary
Tsareena or Roserade
Gardevoir

-Sobble (unless things really change with evolution... Wouldn't be the first time)
-Yamper
-Wooloo
-Polteageist

This isn't in terms of a final 6 or anything, just the Pokémon that I for sure want to catch and use out of the ones they've revealed so far.

For now, that's it:

. Scorbunny: Don't matter if it becomes another fire/fighting, I'm totally sold on Scorbunny.
. Rolycoly: I love it design. Crossing my fingers for it evolution doesn't turn into Rock/Fire, because it would ruin my plans XD
. Water type role: As I'm not picking Sobble, and Cramorant and Drednaw didn't got me (I like them though), I'm waiting for more water types. Let's wait.
. Corviknight: Badass bird.
. Zamazenta: My favourite wolf. Nothing else needs to be said.
. Open space: Waiting for more new pokémon. Maybe Impidimp, or a fossil pokémon. I'll wait.

While I generally don't like doing this kind of thing, as it tends to lead to disappointment, I do have some idea of what Mons will be in my team.

Scorbunny: I prefer Fire starters for the most part, and I largely don't care too much about its evos (though if it does have a good set of evos then boom baby!).
Yamper: Love dogs, and I wanted to get a corgi when my family's previous cairn terrier passed away, but my mom's allergies stopped that (corgis shed a lot, though we did get a rescue dachshund in the end, since she's fine with dachshunds, having had one in the past). Plus, with Yamper being Electric, he'll cover Scorbunny's Water weakness.
Corviknight: One awesome-looking bird, and could very possibly be our regional bird's final form (let's hope, as Toucannon was a... lackluster successor to Talonflame). Not to mention the Flying/Steel typing is a very useful one (and I'm kinda bored with Skarmory). Plus, I like crows and ravens (and I've got a LOT of them around here).

I'm still looking for a Water Mon. While I like Drednaw and Cramorant well enough, they don't quite tickle my fancy, so I'll have to see what other Water Mons (outside of oldies) are in the games. I do like Rolycoly (that ability seems like fun, even though it can be a double-edged sword), but I want to wait and see what it becomes (or at least know it's movepool/stats) before I decide on it. Hopefully it becomes something cool like Gigalith.

After today's... um... reveal of Sirfetch'd, and after much chuckling at the comments on Youtube, I've decided that Sirfetch'd is going on my team. I like the Fighting-type well enough, though most tend to be bodybuilder-like beings, which are a bit off-putting to me, but the fact that Sirfetch'd is a more atypical Fighting-type like one of my all-time favorites: Hawlucha, I figured, "Hey, why not?". So, Sirfetch'd has found its way onto my team. Now... the next question is... do I want a boy or a girl? And if so, what should I name him/her?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom