• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
My team for my first playthrough will be purely new pokemon and rotating every now and then to see new evos during my playthrough.

From all the new pokemon we know off.

Early Playthrough:
-Sobble
-Wooloo
-Yamper
-Rolycoly
-Alcremie
-Corvinknight 1st evo

Mid Playthrough
-Sobble
-Impidimp
-Galarian Ponyta
-Polteageist
-???
-????

Late Playthrough
-Sobble
-???
-???
-???
-???
-???

Sirfetch'd is a definite yes. I hope Polteagheist evolves.

Galarian Ponyta IF it has a third stage, as well.

Galarian Ponyta is most likely a heck yes, so there's my fairy-type for the team (assuming it is fairy, anyway).

So far now it's Scorbunny, Yamper, Corviknight, and Galarian Ponyta/Rappy now. And of course an Eeveelution, not sure which one yet. Still waiting to see what Wooloo evolves into.

Usually, I make up my team as I go along and switch up the team depending on the stats, natures and types of Pokémon I catch. As of today, if I were to pick out from the new Pokémon revealed:

• Grookey
  • Corviknight
  • Wooloo
  • Rolycoly
  • Polteageist
  • Galarian Weezing Ponyta

Amending my team, exchanging Galarian Weezing for Galarian Ponyta. :love:

Since they just confirmed G-Ponyta as a Shield exclusive, it's basically on my team now. And I'm glad it's a Psychic-type and not pure fairy since I really want to use Alcremie as well (that said, I probs still would have used both anyway since they're both so perfect).

So now I've got
Scorbunny (PokeBall)
Morpeko (Dusk or Nest Ball)
Alcremie (Heal Ball)
G-Ponyta (Maybe Premier Ball)

I'm happy that Galarian Ponyta is Psychic. I wanted to use it and Impidimp but didn't want to repeat types, now I know that won't be a problem.

For now my team is:

Sobble
Impidimp
Galarian Ponyta

Last edited:
Kinda happy G-Ponyta isn't fairy because now I won't have like 3 fairy types on my team but I'm probably gonna use Weezing so I'm screwed.

• Grookey
  • Polteageist
  • Impidimp
  • Galarain Weezing or Galarian Ponyta
  • Maybe Alcremie idk
I'm so conflicted because I don't want 2 regional variants :confused:

well with complete certainty i can say galarian ponyta will be on my team no matter what or what other pokemon i may choose.

Still considering getting Shield now for G. Ponyta, even though I really wanted it to be my fairy. I might actually try Cottonee, it's not a new Pokemon, but I've never used it before and I've always kinda wanted to.

So if I pick Shield:
Scorbunny
Yamper
Corvinight
G. Ponyta
Cottonee (possibly) / possibly Togekiss. I've always wanted to use that one too, and never got a chance. It depends on how difficult it is to get in game.
Eeveelution (I'm thinking Umbreon this time, he's the only Eeveelution that I've never actually used on my team before)

That would leave me without a water type this time, which is a bit weird to me, but eh. We'll see.

Last edited:
Still considering getting Shield now for G. Ponyta, even though I really wanted it to be my fairy. I might actually try Cottonee, it's not a new Pokemon, but I've never used it before and I've always kinda wanted to.

So if I pick Shield:
Scorbunny
Yamper
Corvinight
G. Ponyta
Cottonee (possibly) / possibly Togekiss. I've always wanted to use that one too, and never got a chance. It depends on how difficult it is to get in game.
Eeveelution (I'm thinking Umbreon this time, he's the only Eeveelution that I've never actually used on my team before)

That would leave me without a water type this time, which is a bit weird to me, but eh. We'll see.
I enjoy using Whimsicott. You should try one out sometime :)

I'm happy that Galatians Ponyta is Psychic. I wanted to use it and Impidimp but didn't want to repeat types, now I know that won't be a problem.

That's one reason I'm happy about it's type.

My team currently:

• Sobble (Grookey is close enough that it's evolution might sway me though)
  • Polteageist
  • Impidimp
  • Galarian Ponyta
  • Cramorant
  • Galarian Weezing
I don't really want two Galarian forms though, so Weezing will probably be replaced. The last two gens I've had overlapping types and while I don't mind doing that if there are Pokemon I really want on my team with the same types....it would be nice to avoid it this time. I'm kinda worried that Sobble is going to evolve into a ghost, psychic or dark type.

I'm also sorta considering Snover, Sirfetch'd, Corviknight and Rolycoly but the above six are my planned team for right now.

Rolycoly is going to be very tempting if it evolves into a Rock/Fire type....and if it actually does evolve into a train like some people are speculating.

Last edited:
Well, my teams have been changing a lot from certain reveals.

Grookey team:
Grookey
Dreadnaw
Corviknight (Have a feeling this may change soon even though I love it)
Alcremie
Currently unknown/undecided Fire type
Galarian Ponyta

Scorbunny team:
Scorbunny
Either Yamper or Morpeko (depends on if I like Yamper’s evolution)
Dreadnaw
Alcremie
Polteageist
Galarian Ponyta

Sobble team (not as passionate about this one as the other two but Sobble peaks my interests so just in case):
Sobble
??? (Most likely a Ground type)
Corviknight
Alcremie
Polteageist/something unrevealed
Galarian Ponyta

Last edited:
Thus far I only really have Sobble and Sirfetch'd.

Galar Ponyta got kicked off as soon as it wasn't a dullahan horse and a Psychic-type.

If I were getting these games my team would probably look something like this...

1. Scorbunny/Sobble
  2. Raichu
  3. Corviknight
  4. Galarian Rapidash
  5. Yamper's evolution
  6. ???
    This was created without considering type match ups at all so RIP my team against Ground types if I don’t have Sobble since most of them are weak to ground...

If I were getting these games my team would probably look something like this...

1. Scorbunny/Sobble
  2. Raichu
  3. Corviknight
  4. Galarian Rapidash
  5. Yamper's evolution
  6. ???
    This was created without considering type match ups at all so RIP my team against Ground types if I don’t have Sobble since most of them are weak to ground...
3/6 isn't that bad, you have Corviknight who is immune. Raichu will likely learn Grass Knot too. You also have to wait for Scorbunny3 and Yamper2's possible second typings

I still haven't decided which version I'm getting (leaning Shield), or whether I'm going to go with personality & pick Sobble, or with design & pick Scorbunny.

So obviously, which 6 Pokémon will make the final cut is still too early to call, but in addition to the final starter evolution, I'm currently considering the following Pokémon:

-Galarian Rapidash
-Rolycoly evolution
-Cramorant
-Alcremie
-Chandelure
-Aegislash
-Lapras
-Flygon
-Gardevoir
-Togekiss
-Roserade
-Sawk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnSccAokV3c

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom