• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
With the recent leaks, I've decided to add one more member onto my confirmed team.
  1. Sobble
  2. Duraludon
  3. Poison/Electric Dinosaur
    • While I'm not too sold on this design, I feel it has a lot of potential to evolve into something really cool. Hopefully it isn't single stage or a Shield version exclusive.
The remaining three team slots are up in the air. Possible candidates include Wooloo, Yamper, the Poison/Ground snake, and/or the fox.
It evolves

I just like the others more and I have only six team slots, so I've just decided this would be the case.
Monotype Water-types are a bit of a turn-off to me since I'm generally not a big fan of that type on its own. Sobble is still definitely my favorite starter, but it's just that minor thing that throws me off.
I can tell you more on the third, if you'd like, although the info on him are still incomplete for a reason.

So, I don't really wanna plan too far ahead, but I'm definitely picking Grookey as my starter. I'll catch Wooloo early game, cause it's freakin adorable. Definitely adding Corviknight and Alcremie too. And I hope Poltigeist and Impidimp are available fairly early on too. Technically that already makes a full team, but most likely I'll swap some of em out anyway. Galarian Ponyta is also a must, and I hope it's not only available late-game, cause that forest seems pretty far away. I'll probably catch all of the Galarian forms I'll encounter anyway...

Now for the leaked mons, I'll def want to catch Snom, Applin, Nicket and Hattena. As for Galarian forms Cursola and Runerigus are a must. And this is all just based on design.

My current prediction is that I'll probably end up with Grookey's final evo, G-Rapidash, Corviknight, Obstagoon, Cursola, and Frosmoth , cause judging by what we currently know, that seems fairly balanced.

I've been trying to hammer out a team and this is the most I can come up with:

1. Grookey/Sobble
  2. Corviknight
  3. Centiskorch/Frosmoth
  4. Obstagoon/Wooloo
  5. Runerigus
  6. Flapple/Dracovish

/'s are ones I can't decide on, I'm very indecisive this gen :p

Revised edition, I'm starting to like a lot more Pokemon now

My final team will be a combination of six of

Intelleon
Corviknight
Coalossal
Runerigus
Cursola
Flapple
Hatterene
Galarian Weezing
Falinks
Dragapult

At least this way, I don't need to worry if the main 6 I want to use are all late game or early game. I'll add members to my team as the game goes along and see what feels right.

Whichever ones I don't use in my first run in Sword will be used in my Shield run. Plus Vileplume/Barbaracle/Driflblim for empty spots that might be left because I like them.

For my Cinderace first playthrough with Gloria (then I'll restart and pick Sobble and play with that team), here's the team:
Cinderace
Drednaw
Corvinight
Flapple
Hatterene
Polteageist
I definitely think this is a better team aesthetically, and statwise, but

Last edited:
There've been a few edits:

Sobble run
Inteleon
Maractus
Sirfetch'd
Weezing
Frosmoth
Coalossal

Grookey run
Rillaboom
Barraskewda
Runerigus
Grapploct
Perrserker
Dracozolt

But hell, the truth is I might end up doing enough runs to use most of the Dex.

Well, it took me a while, but I've finally decided what to use on my team. I'll start with Shield and Scorbunny for my first run. I'm going to rotate all members.

1. Scorbunny > Raboot > Cinderace
  2. Corviknight
  3. Wooloo
  4. Thievul
  5. Yamper
  6. Barraskewda
  7. Frosmoth
  8. Appletun
  9. Galarian Ponyta > Galarian Rapidash

A nice balance between speedy attackers and tanks, which should help me through the game. :) I'm not sure what I will use for my second playthrough, though. I'll see when I get to it.

Be warned, this list will contain some Pokémon that were leaked last week.

Grookey playthrough (yes, still love the little grass monkey, hoping to play two different playthroughs with both starters, especially now that I have a great Fire type to have on the Grookey playthrough):
Grookey all the way to Rillaboom
Dreadnaw
Corviknight line/Dreepy line
Sizzilipede—>Centiscorch! Love this fiery bug already!
Alcremie
Galarian Ponyta (not quite sure if I want to evolve it)

Scorbunny playthrough:
Scorbunny all the way to Cinderace
Yamper to Boltund
Dreadnaw
Alcremie
Galarian Ponyta
Sinistea->Polteageist

Wooloo->Dubwool
Nicket->Thievul
Hattena-> Hattrem
Cufant

I think I've narrowed down most of the Pokémon I want to use for Sword:

• Scorbunny as my starter, fully evolving into Cinderace
  • Jellicent (an Unovian favourite that I've been meaning to use)
  • Jolteon (I always like running Eeveelutions and I haven't used Jolty yet)
  • Grapploct
  • Copperajah
  • Lastly, either Alcremie or Hatterene

I hope we can get location data soon, as Jellicent, Copperajah and Grapploct appear quite late in the dex and I'm worried by the time I get to use them the story mode would be almost over.

I think I might replace Sobble with Drednaw, and go through the game starterless on the first run-through. If I went with Sobble, I would only be forcing myself to use a Pokemon I don't want to use while ignoring one that I actually want to use (I don't like doubling up on types).

So my new team is:
  1. Drednaw
  2. Duraludon
  3. Poison/Electric Dinosaur (is it called Toxel?)

I think I might replace Sobble with Drednaw, and go through the game starterless on the first run-through. If I went with Sobble, I would only be forcing myself to use a Pokemon I don't want to use while ignoring one that I actually want to use (I don't like doubling up on types).

So my new team is:
  1. Drednaw
  2. Duraludon
  3. Poison/Electric Dinosaur (is it called Toxel?)

If I was being honest I probably wouldn't include Intelleon on my team since there are many other new Pokemon I prefer....

but the thought of not having a starter on my team feels like sacrilege. I've never dumped my starter before.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom